Halo Reach fans? Enjoy 160 points and a 48hr Gold pass on us.

Akio

CAGiversary!
Just received an email for a 48 hour code xbox live gold with 160 microsoft points free on my silver. Not sure if everyone is getting this, so go check your xbox live emails.

I just got one of those emails, but instead of the 160 points it gave me a code for a free Remote Controlled Banshee for my avatar... pretty cool, I usually never get any of those promo emails

[quote name='Akio']Just received an email for a 48 hour code xbox live gold with 160 microsoft points free on my silver. Not sure if everyone is getting this, so go check your xbox live emails.[/QUOTE]

lol I got a similar email but mine was telling me to buy the Noble map pack

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']lol I got a similar email but mine was telling me to buy the Noble map pack[/QUOTE]

Same here. Subject was "Halo Reach fans? Continue the fight with the Noble Map Pack." I played a fair bit of Halo when it came out, so maybe they think they can get me to jump back in with a friendly email?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']lol I got a similar email but mine was telling me to buy the Noble map pack[/QUOTE]

ditto. :(

Same :/
Darn...I want that Avatar Prop

Yeah. I don't even own a 360 and got the email. Already put in my 160 points. Hoping for some more cheap GWFL Marketplace deals this week.
Look near the bottom of the email for the code. It's easy to miss. It's NOT IN TEXT. It's in a graphic.

I got the email and didn't get crap about points, and I've been a Live Gold member since early 2005.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Yeah. I don't even own a 360 and got the email. Already put in my 160 points. Hoping for some more cheap GWFL Marketplace deals this week.
Look near the bottom of the email for the code. It's easy to miss. It's NOT IN TEXT. It's in a graphic.[/QUOTE]

That Windows Marketplace installer is a basket case. The Age of Empires download from last week won't play, wastes several gigs of HD space, and now Microsoft Office is on the fritz. What's is up with this thing affecting Office?

[quote name='alpha064']I got the email and didn't get crap about points, and I've been a Live Gold member since early 2005.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why you didn't get any points. They've got you hooked, why should they give you points? OP on the other had, he's a silver. Give him some pocket change and 48 hours and hope he wishes to continue playing Reach and fork over more money.

[quote name='XF Gator']That Windows Marketplace installer is a basket case. The Age of Empires download from last week won't play, wastes several gigs of HD space, and now Microsoft Office is on the fritz. What's is up with this thing affecting Office?[/QUOTE]
Mine said it failed, but after i clicked cancel and confirmed, it said it was Installed...Odd

[quote name='GUNNM']i got email something about jtagged console and perma banned. Not sure what they mean.[/QUOTE]
:applause: lol

[quote name='Jeo']That's probably why you didn't get any points. They've got you hooked, why should they give you points? OP on the other had, he's a silver. Give him some pocket change and 48 hours and hope he wishes to continue playing Reach and fork over more money.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah Microsoft!? Well, I'll just cancel my...

Who the hell am I kidding. No I won't.

[quote name='Sway']Maybe it's a perk to being a Silver member.[/QUOTE]
Idk, I got one with the avatar prop and I'm gold and have the map pack.

[quote name='Armads']damn jews[/QUOTE]

really? this should be a perma ban honestly. don't think this site tolerates racism/comments like this but they'll have the last laugh on you. onto the topic, I didn't get anything FREE but i'm used to it already.

[quote name='intoxicated662']really? this should be a perma ban honestly. don't think this site tolerates racism/comments like this but they'll have the last laugh on you. onto the topic, I didn't get anything FREE but i'm used to it already.[/QUOTE]

I concur. Out of the blue and totally uncalled for. Trying to not be affended by blind racism like that. Good job trying to ruffle my feathers. It worked just a little.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I concur. Out of the blue and totally uncalled for. Trying to not be affended by blind racism like that. Good job trying to ruffle my feathers. It worked just a little.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='intoxicated662']really? this should be a perma ban honestly. don't think this site tolerates racism/comments like this but they'll have the last laugh on you. onto the topic, I didn't get anything FREE but i'm used to it already.[/QUOTE]

Don't ever visit 4chan

I am also a silver member, so maybe that does have something to do with it.

On a side note, at the bottom of the email it says the code is non transferable. I was considering attempting to trade it for something that I would actually use, but can codes be locked to accounts, or is it just a normal disclaimer?

really. let me get you a tissue.

I'm a gold member of 3 or 4 years.. no email I'd at least like to get some email, even if it doesn't have any points attached(I'll settle for the prop ;p). What a bunch of haters.

Ya, I got the stupid Noble Map Pack advertisement, my girlfriend got the fucking free avatar prop and 48 hrs codes. Its such bullshit, she is silver and I've been gold a long time, yet she gets all the free points and random free shit. Hell, she got the xbox live rewards beta and not me. At least with these codes and stuff, I can just apply em to my account instead, lol.

[quote name='Akio']Just received an email for a 48 hour code xbox live gold with 160 microsoft points free on my silver. Not sure if everyone is getting this, so go check your xbox live emails.[/QUOTE]

I was planning on never checking my e-mail again, but thanks to your thread I think I'll keep using e-mail.

[quote name='trunks982']never gotten anything from microsoft besides telling me to buy their stuff.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='yokofox33']I didn't get anything...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got nuthin'. Hoping it comes in soon, though.

Has anyone signed up for Microsoft promo emails and such on their Xbox accounts? Maybe that has to do with it since I have both those email options unchecked.

avatar prop is pretty cool, only wish props stay out much longer insteado getting winked away after a few seconds.

i'd so sell that prop if I got it and just buy ms points. :D

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, I got the stupid Noble Map Pack advertisement, my girlfriend got the fucking free avatar prop and 48 hrs codes. Its such bullshit, she is silver and I've been gold a long time, yet she gets all the free points and random free shit. Hell, she got the xbox live rewards beta and not me. At least with these codes and stuff, I can just apply em to my account instead, lol.[/QUOTE]

Huh I nuked the ex-wife's silver but have a local dummy account for when I need a 2nd profile... might be time to make that or another a silver :bouncy:

This is awesome, my gold expired this week and I haven't had time to get a new card. Now some free points and i can put off buying the card for another 48 hours

Banshee and 48hr LIVE trial. Kinda wish I didn't redeem that banshee and offered up a trade here. damn avatar gimmicks lol.

[quote name='Tha Doc']Banshee and 48hr LIVE trial. Kinda wish I didn't redeem that banshee and offered up a trade here. damn avatar gimmicks lol.[/QUOTE]
or sold it on ebay for $15

[quote name='Brother Daz']or sold it on ebay for $15[/QUOTE]is it rare? what's stopping people from just getting it with some points?

I dont think you can buy it off the marketplace with points, or can you (I havent checked)? and you'd be surprised at the shit people will buy off ebay.

LOL, I got the email about the Noble Map Pack (which I already bought on 11/30). No free points, no Banshee prop (which I would've loved to have!)

"Hey Xbox gamer, thanks for dropping $60/year on XBL! Now go buy some maps for $10!" :cry:

bread's done
Back