EA Store: Buy 2 PC digital downloads get 1/2 off.

jrhawk42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://em.ea.com/a/hBM$EhYB7uauvB8WGYfDuqYptCs/heroimg?NUCLEUS_ID=2284445582

Not bad. I'll add titles when I get some time.

Sorry only for digital downloads.

*Value of discount will be deducted from product list price at time of purchase. Valid for PC Digital versions of applicable titles. Excludes Medal of Honor™, Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit, The Sims™ 3 Late Night Expansion Pack, Create™, Points Cards, Time Cards, Pre-Orders and titles released less than 30 days. Discount is valid only on purchases from the EA STORE at www.eastore.ea.com. This offer expires on 12/05/10 and cannot be combined with any other Gift Card, rebate or other discount coupons. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA; free shipping is good for STANDARD shipping service to the U.S. only. Subject to availability. Customers are responsible for shipping, handling and applicable sales tax. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Retailers, distributors and employees of Electronic Arts Inc. and their agencies/affiliates are not eligible. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. See specific Product Information pages by clicking on "more info" for additional terms and conditions for each title.

Make sure you receive your email from EA! Add [email protected] to your address book.

If you no longer want us to contact you, click here to be removed from our mailing list or to change your preferences. You can also write to: Privacy Policy Administrator, Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City, CA 94065.

©2010 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Legal Notice | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

http://eastore.ea.com/

just like the title says half when when you buy 2 or more for digital download. ( didn't see this posted let me know if it is a repost)

some highlights: (prices are before half off)

Mass Effect $15
Mass Effect 2 $20
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition $25
Crysis : $25
Crysis Warhead $15
Mirrors Edge $10 (great for a filler if you just want % off of one specific game)
Dragon age origins: $20
Dragon age awakening: $15
Dragon age Ultimate edition: $50 (all expansions and add ons)

Personally on the fence with ME and ME2 Deluxe, and dragon age ultimate is not bad at all for $25 after discount. Been holding out for steam holiday sale though, but with the BF/CM deals lately i don't know if they will put any of these titles up at this much of a discount. (loved the indie packs though)

Check your email if you have bought something from them before, as theres a 10 % off promo, which adds to this sale. I got DA:O Ultimate and The Sims 3 for $35 total after tax last night.

Good deals on all games! I would be buying Dragon Age and Crysis Warhead if I wasn't already a bit too backlogged on games (like the ones I bought for crazy low prices on LAST year's Steam Christmas sale and still haven't played...).

So this deal gets posted 3 times but nobody's talking about EA's possible DRM scheme/activations?

Man, I wish I never bought the expansion and 2 DLCs for Dragon Age: Origins. I haven't even played the expansion yet and paid $30 for it alone. Now for $25 you can get everything.

[quote name='BWS1982']So this deal gets posted 3 times but nobody's talking about EA's possible DRM scheme/activations?[/QUOTE]

Well what is it? Only thing I could find is that your purchase is good for 5 years I think?

[quote name='volt1up']Well what is it? Only thing I could find is that your purchase is good for 5 years I think?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, that's what I asked on the first of these 3 threads and no one replied. I have no clue. I Googled Wednesday night for like 45 min. and could only find nebulous replies from EA themselves to consumers, and "I think..." statements from gamers themselves. I read a lot of pissed off users too, at EA and their DRM within EA downloader, and how they couldn't find the game's location on their HDD after a disk failure, etc...Just a lot of skepticism and resentment. It was pretty bad so I said to hell with it and left it alone. I searched 10 minutes on EA's site alone, too. Nothing, anywhere, not even in their terms. It's a big "secret" or something, no one seems to know on the web, anywhere. Your guess (risk) is as good as mine.

I found one spot where it said at least 1 year, but that's again, vague (and crappy) if it's even true.

From this link on ea.com it says it's 1 year.
http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/kw/Download
Note: Digital download rights remain available for one year after date of purchase.
For me I would still buy from them because I always keep a backup on my home server. After reading that though I think I will make a few backup DVD-Rs just in case ;).

As for DRM they are generally using the activation type securom. Though I am unsure if it's just plain activation or activation with limits.

[quote name='LurkerLito']From this link on ea.com it says it's 1 year.

For me I would still buy from them because I always keep a backup on my home server. After reading that though I think I will make a few backup DVD-Rs just in case ;).

As for DRM they are generally using the activation type securom. Though I am unsure if it's just plain activation or activation with limits.[/QUOTE]

I have games I've bought more than a year ago and I can continue to download them through the EADM, so the one year download limit restriction is untrue.

And most recent games have some kind of activation limit (usually 5 installs)

haha... check it...

chat_agent.png
Russell: Hi, my name is Russell. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: I just heard that I can only download my pc games for 1 year from the EA manager. Is that correct?
chat_agent.png
Russell: There is no limit .
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252:
chat_hyperlink.png
http://support.ea.com/app/answers/de...34/kw/Download
chat_agent.png
Russell: You can download your games from EA Download manager as long as there is game in your EA Download Manager.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252:
chat_hyperlink.png
chat_agent.png
Russell: Okay.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Please wait.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: thx
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: Maybe thats an old link... all of the other links on that page give me 404 errors
chat_agent.png
Russell: I have checked that link.
chat_agent.png
Russell: After one year if you want to download the game then please feel free to contact us. We will provide you the extra download from EA Download.
chat_agent.png
Russell: It's not a big issue.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Is there anything else I can do for you at this moment ?
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: yes
chat_agent.png
Russell: Please let me know your question.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: is there a limit on how many times I can download a game? Or just on how many PCs I can download it to?
chat_agent.png
Russell: Its not a matter, that on how may PC you can download.
chat_agent.png
Russell: But initially you can download maximum 5 times.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Then if you can't download, we can increase the download limit.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Then the download limit will be increased by 10
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: What? Is there a link to this information? It would be pretty terrible if I contact you guys in 2 years time and the tech then says thats not true
chat_agent.png
Russell: No its not like that.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Its an EA policy.
chat_agent.png
Russell: We never do like that.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: Show me. I havent seen anything like that printed anywhere
chat_agent.png
Russell: Its is simple.
chat_agent.png
Russell: It is EA's policy.
chat_agent.png
Russell: generally download doesn't expire. If incase something happens then please contact us we will provide you the download.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Its not like that as you are thinking.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: Thats great for you to say that... but why should I trust your word when this "policy" isnt printed anywhere on EAs site?
chat_agent.png
Russell: I am really very sorry as you think like that.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: I'm not trying to be rude... I'm just scared that when I end up contacting you guys in the future.... I have no proof of this policy
chat_agent.png
Russell: We are here to server our customers. And we do server.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: All theyd have to do is send me to the link I just sent you
chat_agent.png
Russell: serve*
chat_agent.png
Russell: It's not written that we increase the download.
chat_agent.png
Russell: But when our customers faces issue, then for the sake of customer we help them. It's not written any where.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: Ok... so to protect myself, If I burn the installation files to a dvd, can I install from the DVDs? That way I could keep a physical copy of the game.
chat_agent.png
Russell: No.
chat_agent.png
Russell: The piracy can't be done.
chat_enduser_message.png
2283414252: Ok
chat_agent.png
Russell: If your disc is not working, disc broken then we redirect our customers to contact our warranty department for the replacement of the disc.
chat_agent.png
Russell: Is there anything else I can do for you at this moment ?

Sweet, been looking for a deal for The Sims 3 deluxe (with Sims 3 and Ambitions) and with this deal it's $22 for the pair... I might throw in World Adventures since it's only $12 more and unlikely to be found cheaper then that.

Bought all of the Command & Conquer digital games... $37.37 + tax was definitely the right price!

However, they're not showing up in my account... does it take a while?

Spore Creature creator is a better filler since it's only $5. It's on the last page of the 72 item list.

Just talked to Tyrone on the support chat and he said it can take up to 24-48 hours for the order to actually be processed, and show up in your account/DLM. That's pretty bogus...

[quote name='kilm']I have games I've bought more than a year ago and I can continue to download them through the EADM, so the one year download limit restriction is untrue.

And most recent games have some kind of activation limit (usually 5 installs)[/QUOTE]

Same

I got Battlefield Bad Company 2 + Spore Creature Creator for $10.45 after the coupon code bfbc2gunclub20, which takes 20% off of Bad Company 2. The order showed up instantly for me too, so I downloaded it right away.

I have $115 in EA gift codes. $100 for PC games (used 2 have around $200 but spent it.), and $30 for Xbox/PS3 games. I would trade it for a STEAM game. PM me if interested.
I got every Sims 2 game and expansion/stuff packs for free using the codes. :)

When I read the context of "1 year redownload" during my own research a few days ago it was in the light of being a minimum when EA stated it (I think that was a UK EA site, too)...So they guaranteed only a year but it could be longer.

Epic lulz: "The piracy can't be done"

Sure thing, "Russell"...

[quote name='Aliens']Just talked to Tyrone on the support chat and he said it can take up to 24-48 hours for the order to actually be processed, and show up in your account/DLM. That's pretty bogus...[/QUOTE]

I had the same worry and the guy I talked to said I'd have to wait 24 hours, but about two hours later I got an e-mail from EA confirming my purchase and the games were credited to my account.

The games were credited to my account immediately. Picked up Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe ($5 Wendy's Code) and BFBC2 (20% code) for a bit over $17 after coupons.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']burnout paradise ultimate box + BFBC2 for $15.45 with the coupons... scha-winggg![/QUOTE]

Couldn't resist that combo myself. Stupid sales, d'oh!

bread's done
Back