Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe (PS3) - 16.99

I got this game last year around this time from newegg for 17.99 no joke. Its just ok. It isn't that special. I guess it would be worth it to some people.

This must have happened just right now...I was looking at this game throughout the day and figured...well, I missed out on that Best Buy BF deal and Amazon wasn't going to lower. So, I bought it used today for $17.99 at Gamestop. Damn! Hehe...

[quote name='neonglow']Which version is the better version to get?[/QUOTE]

Since controls suck for this game for both control pads...

...just get it for the Xbox 360 version because it has much crisper graphics and it's not missing background animation which was absent on the PS3 version.

With that said, I honestly don't really recommend this game if you are an avid game fighter.

Especially online, where you will be spammed by lots of Superman players doing their INFINITE GROUND POUND combo.

Oh and the loading per battle takes FOREVER... like "NFS: Shift" forever.

worth the $$$

this game is easy to get into, unlike say street fighter. so in a way, since this game is easy to get into, it makes it hard to get good. combos are even easy to memorize but if you fight good opponents, youll need to learn to deceive them by making them think youre going to do a certain combo but instead you stop halfway and grab them for a throw instead (throws cant be blocked)

the game is somewhat buggy with exploits but if you dedicate yourself to it (considering its EASY to master) youll find away to evade the exploits.

MAIN character is batman cuz he has no powers unlike the rest. 1000+ wins with around 100 losses online ;D

raiden, superman and captain marvel have moves that can be spammed, but if you learn the recovery times and know which strategy to use (attack from distant or get close, or pretend to run towards them ) youll master this game fo sho.

trust me, people hate it because theyre not used to the controls and mechanics. its a bit wobbly; its like comparing COD with Battlefield. the battlefield controls are a bit wobbly when you move. but anyway, this game is MAD fun at high levels of play. and since most people use characters that are cheap obviously, its so satisfying to win against them with a lower tier character

[quote name='giantqtipz']worth the $$$

this game is easy to get into, unlike say street fighter.

somewhat buggy with exploits but if you dedicate yourself to it (considering its EASY to master) youll find away to evade the exploits.

MAIN character is batman cuz he has no powers unlike the rest. 1000+ wins with around 100 losses online ;D

raiden, superman and captain marvel have moves that can be spammed, but if you learn the recovery times and know which strategy to use (attack from distant or get close) youll master this game fo sho.[/QUOTE]
Just wondering... do you play as Superman online?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Just wondering... do you play as Superman online?[/QUOTE]

you can choose who you want to play as. superman is a playable character.

no i dont play as superman. superman has a move where he pounds the ground, causing the opponent to fall. the ground pound move can be executed quickly and it will take like 1 - 1.5 seconds for the opponent to recover. in that time, superman can do another ground pound and even when you are down, you can still take damage.

so basically, you wont be able to get up and will be on the ground falling over and over again until you die.

BUT the best part about this game is the rage mode. as you take more damage, you fill up a rage meter which once activate it will make you deal more damage, take less damage AND you can't be knocked down or be thrown. so in the middle of being exploited by superman, you can activate rage mode immediately. if you KNOW how to counter attack and use the rage mode effectively, you can get the upper hand.

im just saying that; dont get discouraged by people saying there are exploits in the game and the controls feel weird. the exlpoits can ALWAYS be countered and the controls are PERFECT for this particular game. if the controls were handled differently, i think this game would suck. but it complements the game really well.

Are you kidding?

$16.99 for Mortal Kombat vs DC !!??

Get
Tekken 6 for $9.99 instead.

$9.99 Tekken 6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $16.99 Mortal Kombat vs DC

P.S.
It was $9.99 a few days ago, but still... $16.99 Tekken 6 >>>>>>>>>>>> Any priced MK vs DC.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Are you kidding?

Get

P.S.
It was $9.99 a few days ago, but still... $16.99 Tekken 6 >>>>>>>>>>>> Any priced MK vs DC.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people are buying most of the fighting games...SF, MK, Tekken, Soul Calibur. Granted, most of the Capcom and Namco are used more in competitions but for me, the drive was to play a fighting game of DC characters vs. MK characters. Nevertheless, I played an hour of it today so far (story mode) and it's pretty fun.

Isn't this game a couple years old now? Kinda expected it would be on sale for $10 or less at this point.

[quote name='neonglow']Which version is the better version to get?[/QUOTE]

The EU import. It's the uncensored version.

[quote name='V878']Isn't this game a couple years old now? Kinda expected it would be on sale for $10 or less at this point.[/QUOTE]

PS3 games don't tend to get that cheap. Look at Heavenly Sword.

game is worth it to me, i don't no when the next time you gonna have dc characters against mortal kombat fighting game, that's probably why its hold in a little value. can you imagine eBay prices if this thing goes out of print crazy. i got it when it first came out and i will never sell it lots of fun...cant even compare tekken 6 to this played that traded that!!

[quote name='Vegan']PS3 games don't tend to get that cheap. Look at Heavenly Sword.[/QUOTE]
You mean the game that's $15 at Kmart(if you can find it) and $21.99 on Amazon's Warehouse Deals right now?

It's cheap, if you know where to look for it.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the game that's $15 at Kmart(if you can find it) and $21.99 on Amazon's Warehouse Deals right now?

It's cheap, if you know where to look for it.;)[/QUOTE]

That's my point. That's NOT cheap for a game that old. I've never seen it at 5 or 10 and that's a launch game if I'm not mistaken.

[quote name='Vegan']That's my point. That's NOT cheap for a game that old. I've never seen it at 5 or 10 and that's a launch game if I'm not mistaken.[/QUOTE]
That's because nobody(besides maybe Target, Sears and TRU) has clearanced it out.

I got my copies I picked up from Kmart for free, after using the Fallout: New Vegas coaster $15 off coupons and selling the silver :ps2:Dual Shock 2's I picked up with them for $5 each to recoup the $5 I paid per copy.;)

But not every game drops to $5-10.

10.00 would be so much better. I mean I want this but i've been on the fence about ever since it came out. Was going to get the ps3 version until i seen that someone said that the game isn't as complete as the 360 v. is. I think i'm better off waiting til it's super low.

Just wanted to throw in my opinion for those on the fence.

Only get this game if you think that all the big name fighters out are boring/hard to get into, or if you're a big fan of DC. If not, avoid game. It's fun mindless fighting but it would make you want to switch back to SSF4 within 20 mins. Cool game but don't waste your $$ if you already like SF. I should also note that I'm a serious SF & Tekken player.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Just wanted to throw in my opinion for those on the fence.

Only get this game if you think that all the big name fighters out are boring/hard to get into, or if you're a big fan of DC. If not, avoid game. It's fun mindless fighting but it would make you want to switch back to SSF4 within 20 mins. Cool game but don't waste your $$ if you already like SF. I should also note that I'm a serious SF & Tekken player.[/QUOTE]
I'm a fan of MK and any games like it and I can't stand ones like Soul Calibur, Tekken and especially Street Fighter:puke:.

But from what I've heard half of the roster has no fatalities in this game and that's the main reason I play an MK game is for the outlandish gory finishers.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the game that's $15 at Kmart(if you can find it) and $21.99 on Amazon's Warehouse Deals right now?

It's cheap, if you know where to look for it.;)[/QUOTE]

Actually both Heavenly Sword & Folklore are $19.99 each @ Best Buy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

But from what I've heard half of the roster has no fatalities in this game and that's the main reason I play an MK game is for the outlandish gory finishers.;)[/QUOTE]

that's because half of the rosters are super heroes and the developers made them seriously beat down the opponent as a finishing move. pretty weak.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']Actually both Heavenly Sword & Folklore are $19.99 each @ Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
I think the people complaining about Heavenly Sword never having dropped in price to a stupid cheap price were looking for a $5-10 price, which it would've probably been by now at Kmart.:roll::cry:[quote name='frpilot']that's because half of the rosters are super heroes and the developers made them seriously beat down the opponent as a finishing move. pretty weak.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I've heard that that was the 'finishers' for most of the superheroes.:cry:

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Are you kidding?

Get

P.S.
[/QUOTE]

Forget both. Go buy SSFIV instead. ;)

bread's done
Back