If (and only if) you received an online $10 promo code for Xbox Live from Amazon..

I don't suppose you remember if the RDR: Undead Nightmare Pack from Amazon came with the promo code? I deleted most of my e-mail since then, and can't recall if I ever got a code.

same here... thanks for the heads up. I don't care even if it's to go into the actual xbox live card. I was pissed to find out that it's only for the online code.

Will update if it works.

[quote name='wafflepacman']I don't suppose you remember if the RDR: Undead Nightmare Pack from Amazon came with the promo code? I deleted most of my e-mail since then, and can't recall if I ever got a code.[/QUOTE]
I really dont remember what the qualifications were. I dont know if it was a promo on every Xbox game or just certain ones. I just remember it was one per account and there were a lot of games that did qualify. May as well try it and see though. I'd use live chat. I'm sure they'll tell you if it didnt qualify.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']showing up as in stock now, so may be dead already, but they are on sale, so using the code would be pretty good right now anyways...

$44.96 - $10.00 =

$34.96[/QUOTE]

No it isnt.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']showing up as in stock now, so may be dead already[/QUOTE]

The promotional credit is only valid for the code version which is still out of stock.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']showing up as in stock now, so may be dead already, but they are on sale, so using the code would be pretty good right now anyways...

$44.96 - $10.00 =

$34.96[/QUOTE]
Nope wrong 12 month thing. Doesnt work on that. Only works for the Xbox 12 month online code, which is still unavailable.

$44.96 - $10.00 =

$34.96[/QUOTE]

The code is only valid for the online code, rendering the $10 code useless since it's never on sales. Here is our chance to use it for something that is worth using.

Sent an email about 5 minutes ago and already got a reply back. They've issued me a $10 promotional credit for any item, as long as it's sold by Amazon. Good luck to everyone else who tries!

[quote name='crr_1119']Sent an email about 5 minutes ago and already got a reply back. They've issued me a $10 promotional credit for any item, as long as it's sold by Amazon. Good luck to everyone else who tries![/QUOTE]

Can you post the email that you used? I prefer to send an email too.

Live Chat got me this...

"The supply of some of the items we offer is limited, and popular products can sell out quickly. This item will be available soon so you can place an order with the code. I encourage you to check back on our website at your convenience."

They allowed me to order the physical card and then they are gonna refund me $10... not as great as the general $10 promo code but it still works for me as I don't mind getting the card for $35.

EDIT: I did this over the phone. The CS was really slow, so email is definitely the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an e-mail just out of #$@!S and giggles to see what they do, I did actually get one of the $10 promo codes for the X-box live subscription so we will see what happens.

[quote name='crr_1119']Sure, though it was just a simple one, nothing too complex. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Actually I meant the email address, but I managed to find their support page, thanks anyway. :D

[quote name='crr_1119']This worked for me:[/QUOTE]

Oohh. I thought it had to do with ordering it or something like that. Thanks. Will try it.

[quote name='chickenbutt']I'm confused. What are we suppose to say?[/QUOTE]
First of all fuck email it takes too long. Use live chat.

Say something like this:

Hi I recently placed an order for an Xbox game that qualified me for a $10 promotional code for an Xbox Live code sold by Amazon. However the Xbox Live code is not available. I'm wondering if I can get a $10 credit to my account in it's place.

What you should do is go to Amazon and sign in. Click on "Help" (top right of your screen) then go to the contact us button. Contact them for the order that you placed which qualified you for the promo code. Select an issue. The issue I chose was "Payment Issues". Then select "Promotion not applied to order", then click to chat and let them know.

Well I received a $10 off Xbox Live online code when I purchased Crackdown 2 in the middle of November. Talked to the Software Downloads department and he agreed to give me $10 credit on my Amazon account so I can purchase the physical card.

Thanks OP for the heads-up! =]

Worked for me. Here's my proof.

5235968050_3811e75942_z.jpg

Just spoke to an awesome representative! It took about a minute and she said she had just done the same thing the call before mine. Sweet :)

Got shot down in chat, told me to wait for it to come back in stock and the promotion should work. May try emailing.

Wrong spot for this thread imo. A lot of people have ordered an Xbox game from Amazon in the last few weeks. Now a lot of people won't see this.

Emailed and got this:
"Hello,

The supply of some of the items we offer is limited, and popular products can sell out quickly. I am very sorry that you were not able to place your order before our current supply ran out.

As our inventory is always changing, I encourage you to check back on our website at your convenience, as it is possible that we will receive more of the Xbox Live code from our supplier before the promotion period ends. However, I do not know at this time if we will receive more stock before the promotion ends on December 31, 2011.

Signing up for notification does *not* reserve a copy of this item for you. When you receive our e-mail informing you that the item is available, you will need to return to our website to place your order.

We hope to see you again soon."

Should I try live chat now?

on live chat now, Ahh, took him about 8 minutes just to say "hello, how can I help you"
Alright, this guy must be drunk! He keeps saying, "Hello my name is blahblahblah"

o_o

[quote name='chickenbutt']Should I try live chat now?[/QUOTE]

Yea. You can also email again a bit later if live chat doesn't work out for you.

Didn't work for me. I went word for word with what you said, and she gave me the old "Items go in and out of stock, please check back in a few days" excuse.

If you've received a $10 off a 12-month Xbox Live Subscription lately, you're possibly eligible to have that converted to a general $10 Amazon credit.
The promo was given when spending a certain amount of money on video games on a particular order.

When you call, explain that the Xbox Live subscription for the promo is out of stock and you would like to request a general credit. It took me two phone calls to do it, but I got the credit after explaining the original promo was a major reason for my purchase. I was denied the first time, but left negative feedback on the ensuing email and got an opportunity to call again. This time they immediately credited my account. Good luck, and be persistent!

Amazon Customer Service
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

[quote name='chickenbutt']Where do I find live chat? I went to wear I emailed and I only see email and phone.[/QUOTE]

You don't see it either? I thought it was only me since apparently everyone else was able to live chat. But yea the option is missing for me too which is why I chose to email in the first place.

[quote name='kiribee']on live chat now, Ahh, took him about 8 minutes just to say "hello, how can I help you"[/QUOTE]

talk about milking the hourly wage, lol. you just made his day :applause: Anyways, I got my promotional credit to work via phone. Remember, they used to sell xbl arcade games and those were removed without notice all of a sudden so you can say that this is going to happen again but with this subscription code instead. You are trying to use the credit now while you have money, not in december 2011. Read the print also:

Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.

Meaning, they might not ever get it back in stock.

Hello,

I'm sorry, In order to take advantage of this promotion,
you must place a qualifying order during the specified promotion
period while supplies last.We're unable to apply special
discounts to items ordered before or after the dates of the
promotional offer.

I did place an order during the promotion period, and I even got an email for my codes....

[quote name='crr_1119']You don't see it either? I thought it was only me since apparently everyone else was able to live chat. But yea the option is missing for me too which is why I chose to email in the first place.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the option either, so I checked on another amazon account i had, and it was shown their :/

weird....but its good to know im not the only one

[quote name='scarhawk']repost but yeah I got my $10 :D[/QUOTE]

I looked beforehand, and I still cannot find another post on this. It must be one of those things I'm missing that is right in front of me.

EDIT: I see it now in the Deal Discussion/Bragging thread. But I feel this is a legit Deal, so I'll leave it here for now. If a mod disagrees, I'm sure they will deal with it.

Live Chat is currently working for me. I dont think they disable it just for certain accounts (Ive checked before). So maybe try again. Also dont settle for a no answer. No reason to.

If youre getting shot down, are you a prime member? I am a Prime member and like I said it took under 5 minutes to get the credit. I imagine it's just the luck of the rep you get but I just want to make sure theres not a pattern.

bread's done
Back