Xbox 360 250GB Console w/free $75 gift card at Walmart - Dec 12th-18th

ps2emotions

CAGiversary!
Just got the walmart ad from the mailbox and this was on the front page. $299 plus a $75 gift card. I already have an older hdmiless 360 with 120gb drive and it has worked well since being sent back to me over a year and half ago and plus I'm getting more into PS3 and wii but this is the best deal I've seen on a 250gb 360 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal hopefully Amazon matchs for others. I don't see the 360 dropping to $200 next year unless the 4GB slims gets replaced with a 250gb slim and the elite turns into a 500gb.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good deal hopefully Amazon matchs for others. I don't see the 360 dropping to $200 next year unless the 4GB slims gets replaced with a 250gb slim and the elite turns into a 500gb.[/QUOTE]
Amazon won't match it because they don't have ANY slims in stock. They haven't had any post-BF.

[quote name='keyed']Amazon won't match it because they don't have ANY slims in stock. They haven't had any post-BF.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Though from time to time they have gotten in some of the 4GBs, but they are gone as soon as they get them. Unless Amazon gets some kind of big restock like it looks Wal-Mart may get then yea little hope.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Hmm. Wonder if this works with employee discount.[/QUOTE]

don't see why it wouldn't. its still retail price (you just get a bonus gift card).

This is very tempting. But I can't justify an 360 purchase...

[quote name='plutoknight']don't see why it wouldn't. its still retail price (you just get a bonus gift card).

This is very tempting. But I can't justify an 360 purchase...[/QUOTE]

Same boat have a bit of backlog on PS3 and a special wii not to mention a long time unemployed just have to cross fingers for next year hopefully when i have money not only will it also be on sale but by then i don't think it hurt to expect a price drop.

I've been looking for a deal like this on the 250 GB. Is the gift card for video games only or just a Wal-Mart gift card?

I read an article somewhere (maybe CNN?) about 3 weeks back that said this would be a good season for game consoles because inventories are stacked.

I need one so getting $75 back + games would do it for me.

My brother's old 20GB 360 is on life support. I might have to point him at this deal. Then if he doesn't need his old one I guess I could take it off his hands. :mrgreen:

If I hadn't won the BK 4GB Kinect Bundle (still waiting it to ship :wall:) I'd pick this up. Pretty darn good deal. Hmm I wonder if Walmart checks to see if the 250GB hard drive is returned with the system. LOL jk.

[quote name='GordonG3cko']I've been looking for a deal like this on the 250 GB. Is the gift card for video games only or just a Wal-Mart gift card?[/QUOTE]

Taken from the other thread of the same topic.
http://blog.al.com/bargain-mom/2010...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
9103435-large.jpg

I have a feeling that this is going to sold out at all my local Walmarts. I have a 120GB elite already, but $75 gift card is a nice deal, might consider upgrading.

Now if they could do a $100 gift card with 320 GB PS3/Move Bundle, I'd have to jump.

I'm a little worried about the Holiday bundle still being around. That thing seems to be sold out in a lot of B&M's right now. Waiting til Sunday won't help either.

Hopefully this works for online too as that seems to be a bit more reliable, stock wise.

nice deal.. wish theyd do it on the 250gb kinect bundle as well...

and hopefully amazon does something to match or beat walmart

yeah my 3 year old elite is starting to have odd issues every now and then. doesn't happen very often but it's really tempting to just get a new console and put the elite in my room

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']The BB at chapel hill sucks. Do you have better luck at a different one?[/QUOTE]

I actually PMed the TRU B2G1 1600 MSP cards when TRU had that deal.

It went off without a problem at the Chapel Hill BB, which was shocking to me.

I don't know where I'd try PMing it. Either Macedonia or Niles probably.

I don't need a new Slim but this is tempting. I think I'll force myself to hold out though for a price drop + gift card deal in the future, it'll probably be at least 6 months away, but I can wait. Thanks anyway OP.

I've been looking for an excuse to get a slim and this is a good deal, but I still can't justify buying a new 360 when my 20GB Pro still works fine. Obviously as soon as all the deals are gone it will probably die.

My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?

[quote name='guyver2077']nice deal.. wish theyd do it on the 250gb kinect bundle as well...

and hopefully amazon does something to match or beat walmart[/QUOTE]
According to an employee at gamestop, Microsoft recently sent word that they were no longer making the 250gb kinect bundle. So unless you know a store that has it, I wouldn't count on a deal with it.

man, do you guys even think they will have enough in stock to promote this? I went by my walmart and they didnt have many 250 gb consoles in stock. I wonder how early i gotta get there!

[quote name='Jagsfan6116']man, do you guys even think they will have enough in stock to promote this? I went by my walmart and they didnt have many 250 gb consoles in stock. I wonder how early i gotta get there![/QUOTE]
Yesterday:drool:

Anyone know if they do price adjustments? Just bought the holiday bundle from Walmart on Sunday, kinda pissed now.

so what would happen if i return the xbox a day or so later?
do they ask for the giftcard back also?
is it possible to return without a receipt?

i went to walmart today just to look what they had left and all they had was like 3 4gb and 4 MW2 bundle and 2 FF bundles left no 250gb slim =(

[quote name='genkikani']According to an employee at gamestop, Microsoft recently sent word that they were no longer making the 250gb kinect bundle. So unless you know a store that has it, I wouldn't count on a deal with it.[/QUOTE]
Lol...trusting a Gamestop employee?
Okay dude. :lol:

[quote name='voidedx']My friend and I are just hoping our Jaspers last a long time because we tried using USB sticks instead of the 360 MUs (we need our profiles to be portable) and they would fail and be slower than normal (even though the speed test was fine). So Microsoft needs to fix the compatibility with USB sticks. One of the sticks was Kingston! Kingston is usually a more reliable brand. I also saw that I'm not the only one looking at some USB stick Amazon reviews.

Has there been any independent study of what USB drives really-really work with the 360?[/QUOTE]

Get a SanDisk Cruzer model. 8GB or 16GB for not more than $30. SanDisk is the same company that makes the "Official" Xbox branded USB drive and it's waaaaaaaaaay overpriced at $60+.

I've used the ordinary 8GB and 4GB Cruzer models with no problems and paid $15 and $10.

Looks like a new Xbox is in my future. My old Xbox is on its last spin. Then I can trade it in at Gamestop while it still plays.

$299 for the Xbox with $75 dollar card = $224 - Trade-IN w/Bonus at Gamestop w/ 120GB hard drive about $90 = $134* *Basically out of pocket cost.

I WILL be picking up a new one Xbox.

[quote name='comicrelief']so what would happen if i return the xbox a day or so later?
do they ask for the giftcard back also?
is it possible to return without a receipt?[/QUOTE]
No, they let you keep it and give you another one as a gift.

bread's done
Back