Borders 50% off anything coupon!!! - expires 12/16 - Good on DVD & Blu

crazedracerguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
Border's Coupon

EDIT: New 50%(!!!!) coupon is good on anything in the store until Thursday, December 16th.

This is Border's biggest coupon. It is likely that it makes any purchase pretty good, pricewise... Hope this helps someone out there. I will DEFINITELY be using this one a couple of times over the next 2 days...

Hope someone may be able to use this. i got it in my email. As with all Border's coupons, it's not a one time print or anything. Also, as with all Border's coupons, you have to be a Rewards member (it's free).

Limit 1 purchase (with a single coupon).

Last edited by a moderator:
They have when I've used them in the past. I highly recommend checking online prices before making the purchase, due to Borders having them at MSRP pricing before the discount.

great...but where is the normal coupon they throw out every few weeks?!?!? for some reason I am not getting any new coupons :(

[quote name='keithp']You should get them in your email. They're always sending them to me.[/QUOTE]

This is true, however lately I have been getting more partner emails than actual borders coupons :(

*sigh* the one DVD set I really want to get at a lower price and could definitely use this coupon on (Mystery Science Theater XIX) is not in stock at my local Borders. :( I really wish I could get this one cheap!

Yeah - there are always a few gems if you can locate them at your local Borders. I usually use these for CD boxsets or special editions, since they don't get discounted at Amazon quite as much... Think I'm picking up the Tom Petty "Damn the Torpedoes" re-issue with this coupon.

The other (non DVD) outstanding deal with these coupons are Melissa and Doug toys for your kid, if applicable. They NEVER go 50% off and have pretty standard pricing across all stores, so 50% of is a MAD deal...

Going to attempt to use this today on either a new cookbook or computer book. We'll see when I get there. Even after the coupon, a lot of times it's still cheaper to buy books on Amazon. The only exception to this rule seems to be very expensive programming books that don't drop/discount all too often.

[quote name='chuckywang']These work on Blurays too?[/QUOTE]

They do, but you will find that for most of their blu-rays, even the 50% off the coupon only takes the price down to what you could get them for elsewhere at any time. The only real exceptions are titles that are generally expensive elsewhere as well, such as Criterion. The last time they had one of these 50% off coupons, I used it to stock up on a few Criterion titles in between B&N sales. Unfortunately, none of the Borders stores around here have gotten in the new Criterion titles that came out since the last B&N sale ended last month (probably, I'm guessing, intentionally, because this coupon was coming).

[quote name='BustaUppa']Are Borders online prices generally the same as their in-store prices?[/QUOTE]

No. Their online prices are generally discounted, whereas their in-store prices are nearly always MSRP. Note that this coupon is off of MSRP, so if you try to use it for an item that's on sale, you'll have a choice between either paying the sale price without the coupon, or paying 50% off of MSRP. They don't stack.

[quote name='keithp']You should get them in your email. They're always sending them to me.[/QUOTE]

Heh. I sent them a complaint a while back when they sent me an email advertising a "big sale", and I went to four different Borders stores on the (evening of) the first day of it -- one store "hadn't gotten around to" setting up the sale yet (they still hadn't four days later), two stores had no idea that there even was a sale, and the last store had a very small number of items out, nothing close to what was advertised. Their passive aggressive response, rather than, say, apologizing, was to simply remove me from their mailing list (though they conveniently continued sending the partner offers). fuckers.

Since then, I get my Borders coupon links from Slickdeals -- it's actually the one thing that I use that site for. There's a very well-maintained thread over there which very nearly always has links to the latest Borders coupons (not going to link to SD here, but I'm sure you can find it with a search). As a bonus, Borders doesn't actually send every coupon to every customer, and sometimes they'll send some customers 20% coupons while they send others 30% coupons (etc.). But if you do manage to get any coupon (through a link or whatever, whether they sent it to you or not), they will honor it. So you can actually get a lot more coupons by checking there for them than you would if you just waited for the emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing worthwhile that I've seen is The Pacific Blu-Ray for $50 after coupon. I'm thinking I will hold out in hopes that Best Buy does their annual 50% off HBO after Christmas.

I usually stick with graphic novels when the 40%/50% coupons come out.

Picked up the new Brightest Day Vol.1 hardcover for $15 yesterday and a couple of the recent Batman hardcovers for $10, much better than Amazon's prices after coupon!

-mattyp

Had no problems with the coupon. My Borders selection of PC books is absolutely terrible. Does anyone know if I can use this coupon again tomorrow?

Picked up Marvel Civil War & Marvel Zombies with the coupon (two separate transactions). Reading Marvel Zombies now and it is quite interesting. Makes me dislike Mr. Fantastic even more, what a douche, lol.

Can anyone else suggest some Marvel graphic novels for me, going back tomorrow to get a couple more books. Might get The Walking Dead Book 5 & 6 since I have 1-4.

I went this evening and they didn't have any Criterion blu-rays that I didn't already have, and the prices on most of their other blu-rays were atrocious. I ended up picking up Delicatessen for $20, because the Studio Canal blus seem to generally run about the same prices as the Criterions, but without the advantage of the B&N sale. Don't think I'm going to bother hitting any more Borders stores for this coupon, though; not worth the effort.

If you have the Border Rewards Plus with this 50% coupon it is 60% off which is a really good deal. For example, Scott Pilgram 60% off at my Border is $16 + tax so around $17 which is better than Amazon and most other places I would think.

Did this coupon come in an email or was it just posted on their website? I got the 33% off coupon in my email as a Rewards customer but never got anything in the email about this.

[quote name='Matrix813']Did this coupon come in an email or was it just posted on their website? I got the 33% off coupon in my email as a Rewards customer but never got anything in the email about this.[/QUOTE]

Some people got emailed 33%, others got 50%. It comes directly from Borders. There is no issue with using this if you only got the 33%.

[quote name='thebob101']Picked up Marvel Civil War & Marvel Zombies with the coupon (two separate transactions). Reading Marvel Zombies now and it is quite interesting. Makes me dislike Mr. Fantastic even more, what a douche, lol.

Can anyone else suggest some Marvel graphic novels for me, going back tomorrow to get a couple more books. Might get The Walking Dead Book 5 & 6 since I have 1-4.[/QUOTE]

Wolverine Old Man Logan and Invincible by image comics

BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member. I'm getting the entire Shrek set for $28.19

Well Amazon.com has the Shrek set for $31.99 with a $7 e-gift card promotion.

[quote name='Jabrim']BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member.QUOTE]

For some reason, it's not working. I'm doing R7M4R4C5BPE for 25% off but its saying that the other code is wrong. Any idea why?

[quote name='foreverjoe20'][quote name='Jabrim']BCR1936M works for 40% online if you are a rewards member.QUOTE]

For some reason, it's not working. I'm doing R7M4R4C5BPE for 25% off but its saying that the other code is wrong. Any idea why?[/QUOTE]

Are you a Border's rewards member? That is the only thing I can think of. I would delete the 25% coupon just to see if that has anything to do with it.

Yeah, I'm a member. And I did delete the coupon and it still wasn't accepting it but I've already bought the blu-ray so it doesn't matter, lol.

yay I picked up TFU 2 collectors edition SG, Fallout 3 GOTYE SG, SITC2 BR and Dispiciable Me BR using the 50% coupons plus an extra 10%........im happy :)

Even though I was one coupon short, the lady was nice enough to let me double bang that coupon since it was snowing and didn't want me to run home, print it and then come back...so they DO work on the same transaction (even though they aren't suppose to!)

[quote name='Calinks']So, can we print the coupon in the link or do we have to get an e-mail?[/QUOTE]

You can print the coupon in the link. No email necessary.

And actually, I often don't even bother printing the coupon, I just show it to them on my phone. As long as they can see the bar code number to type it in, they're fine.

Awesome. I don't have a phone that does pictures so this will have to do. I could take a pick with my camera but that seems kind of lame. lol.

[quote name='Calinks']Damn, people were getting games with this though. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

No, they were getting guides, which qualify because they are books. :)

[quote name='Blumpkin']Is there anything you could use this on and beat Amazon's regular price?[/QUOTE]

Sure, lots of things. You just have to be selective and pay attention to what you're getting (it helps if you have a smartphone and can check the Amazon prices while you're there).

I didn't end up getting but with the Border Rewards Plus Lost Blu Ray Collection would have been a steal. It would have ended up coming to $120 with the 50% and Border Rewards Plus. Amazon is selling it at $178.99 so almost a $60 savings on it. That's an example of how you can take advantage of this coupon.

i got denied coupon and sale price, shot down every which way. left with nothing. also, didnt know they dont take manufacturers coups.

[quote name='Animal7390']i got denied coupon and sale price, shot down every which way. left with nothing. also, didnt know they dont take manufacturers coups.[/QUOTE]

The fine print states that it won't work on sale items...

bread's done
Back