Buy Bioshock 2, Get Bioshock Free at Amazon

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13420[/IMG-R]Buy the 360 ($23.99), PS3 ($22.41) or PC ($14.96) version of Bioshock 2 and get Bioshock free.

iconamazon.gif
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Damb_link_354779502_5%26tag%3Dcheapassgam08-20%26docId%3D1000642681&tag=cheapassgam08-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957"]Buy Bioshock 2, get Bioshock free at Amazon
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I've been thinking about picking up Bioshock 2 for PC for some time. Amazon hiked the price from $10 to $15, but getting Bioshock 1 for $5 more is a better deal anyways. The only reason I haven't bit is that the DRM scares me. It still installs a bunch of DRM-related software right?

If I am going to use a DRM, I'd rather use Steam. Unfortunately, Bioshock 2 alone was something like $30 on steam last time I checked.

[quote name='Joartrak']ughhh so damn tempting[/QUOTE]

Buy them and don't look back, both great games.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I would bite if I knew that Bioshock 1 would come with original holographic cover. My friend borrowed my copy and lost it :([/QUOTE]

That cover came only with the PS3 version, didn't it?

Very tempted to do this and try to return the Bioshock I bought at Target at 7.48, but there's just such a backlog of games for me.

And it doesn't help that I pretty much ruined the story of the first one for myself by watching my roommate play through it.

Bioshock is one of the defining games of the generation, I paid $60 for it and it's sequel and don't regret it. Well, maybe I would have rather paid $40 or less for 2 but it's a steal at this price.

[quote name='AlexIW']That cover came only with the PS3 version, didn't it?[/QUOTE]

I have a slipcover for my 360 version.

[quote name='comebackking1']Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work?[/QUOTE]

Yeah - not working for me either.

Has anyone actually got this deal to work? I'm trying to purchase the 360 versions as a gift and no promotional discount ever appears on the checkout page.

Also I'm going to go against the grain here and say that that while BioShock 1 is no slouch, 2 is one of th very best games of the generation.

[quote name='Antipodes']Thanks. I've been thinking about picking up Bioshock 2 for PC for some time. Amazon hiked the price from $10 to $15, but getting Bioshock 1 for $5 more is a better deal anyways. The only reason I haven't bit is that the DRM scares me. It still installs a bunch of DRM-related software right?

If I am going to use a DRM, I'd rather use Steam. Unfortunately, Bioshock 2 alone was something like $30 on steam last time I checked.[/QUOTE]
The steam version still has securom as well. They disabled the online check for the first game, but never patched the drm out of game.

Edit: I forgot the second game runs on GFWL which is 15 activations.

Didn't work for me either. Looks like the page has been updated:

Please note: this promotion will be live at 6:00PM Pacific Time.

[quote name='Cysquatch']I have a slipcover for my 360 version.[/QUOTE]

Oh well... That's what you get for not buying the game at full retail price. :(

I'll probably buy this tomorrow for the Xbox (don't like all that DRM stuff on the PC version). If the offer will still work.

I just started playing bioshock 1 recently, but have to admit it's not living up to the hype yet for me. Only just got the incinerate ability. But it just seems like a lot of walking around shooting zombies in dark hallways. Maybe it will get better.

Hopefully they don't raise the price of the games. I am really tempted, but the CE of Bioshock 2 is what's keeping me waiting. Think I'll still bite though.

[quote name='Zin_LG']The steam version still has securom as well. They disabled the online check for the first game, but never patched the drm out of game. 2k said they would do the same thing for the second game, but I'm not sure if they have yet.[/QUOTE]

Ew, really? So the steam version is essentially DRM on top of DRM?

Know if it is the same with Fallout 3 GOTY for PC?

Its ridiculous how little respect they treat PC gamers. I'd buy it for xbox/ps3 but the control schemes on many games on PC make it so much more pleasant to play.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Hopefully they don't raise the price of the games. I am really tempted, but the CE of Bioshock 2 is what's keeping me waiting. Think I'll still bite though.[/QUOTE]

They raised the 360 version a few bucks.

Anyone have any idea whether the PS3 Bioshock 1 would be a greatest hits version? This is really tempting, but I don't want a bright red case in my collection.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Hopefully they don't raise the price of the games.[/QUOTE]
360 version just changed from $19.99 to $23.99. :(

[quote name='Antipodes']Ew, really? So the steam version is essentially DRM on top of DRM?

Know if it is the same with Fallout 3 GOTY for PC?

Its ridiculous how little respect they treat PC gamers. I'd buy it for xbox/ps3 but the control schemes on many games on PC make it so much more pleasant to play.[/QUOTE]
Fallout uses GFWL, but there are mods that get rid of it. The disc version uses Securom and I believe the securom files are in the steam version, but aren't active.

[quote name='Allwhowander']Anyone have any idea whether the PS3 Bioshock 1 would be a greatest hits version? This is really tempting, but I don't want a bright red case in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I didn't knew there was a GH and/or red case version of this game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']360 version just changed from $19.99 to $23.99. :([/QUOTE]

Amazon, sneaky sneaky

[quote name='Allwhowander']Anyone have any idea whether the PS3 Bioshock 1 would be a greatest hits version? This is really tempting, but I don't want a bright red case in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I hate your people.

Ugh had just ordered a used copy of BS1 from amazon for $13 and a used copy of BS2 from GF for $10. So for the same price I could of bought them new. FML.

Just bought the Bioshock 2 CE the other day from the Buy.com deal, but this is an awesome deal cuz I don't have the first one...and I guess I'll find something to do with the extra copy of Bioshock 2.

I've been looking to buy both of these games for quite some time, I rented them from gamefly when they came out so I know there are great games plus I have a $5 credit from Amazon

[quote name='kiribee']Bioshock 1 is $3 at Target...if there not sold out :)[/QUOTE]

That is the best deal in gaming history...

[quote name='11anthony']I'll take a bite. always wanted to play this[/QUOTE]

don't walk, run. Awesome games!!

Do I just add them to my cart or what I'm not seeing the deal. It's showing Bioshock still being 15 bucks in my cart.

bread's done
Back