Wed 8/Thu 9 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games and PSN, Nintendo, MS points cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer offers one and two day Santa Bucks promos in the summer and again (usually a couple times) in the winter. I just got a Meijer ad in the mail and it includes coupons for Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 8 and 9.

Santa Bucks give you $2 off per $10 of one item’s price, in $10 increments. That means $4 off one $20 item, $6 off $30, etc. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Some just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during each of the last four or five promos and have never had a problem.

IIRC they usually run the same promo again later in the month, but I don’t have any advance knowledge, so don’t wait if you want in on the deal.

really here its like paying 17.40 for the card after tax compair to 19.99 via amazon with no tax

around a 2.50 savings ...

tempted to pick up a DSI 2000 pt card but dont know if i want to put money into a system Where if that system breaks ALL YOUR MONEY IS GONE

(you cant transfer DSI games to another system)

that just SUCKS

anyone with a DSI anyone know of any good games to download for it.... so far just got

Crystal monsters and Tic tac doe :)

My Meijer has the U-Scan lanes, I'll have to try it that way tomorrow (they never have anyone in electronics), needed groceries anyhow.

I've got a $30 coupon from buying a PSP on Black Friday, I wonder if I can use the Santa Bucks and that $30 coupon on the same items?

[quote name='RySenkari']I've got a $30 coupon from buying a PSP on Black Friday, I wonder if I can use the Santa Bucks and that $30 coupon on the same items?[/QUOTE]

yes, you can

Yay, the coupons DO stack :)

My haul:

Epic Mickey: $49.99 - $10 Santa Bucks = $39.99
New Super Mario Bros. DS: $34.99 - $6 Santa Bucks = $28.99

$68.98 - $30 PSP coupon

Total Transaction: $38.98 (54% savings!!!)

Not a bad day to be a Cheap Ass Gamer. :) If you bought the PSP from Meijer on Black Friday and you're hanging onto that coupon and waiting for a sale, this might be the day to head down and grab some games.

[quote name='MacMog']Consensus says that Meijer doesn’t charge tax on PSN or Microsoft cards, but they do on Nintendo points cards. (I can confirm on PSN and Nintendo points cards.)

As for DSIware, I like the reviews on Nintendo Life: http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/games?sort=usdate[/QUOTE]

might just pass it up.. found on another site saying DONT COUNT on RPG games coming that soon on the DSIwere games.. the limit on how BIG of a game they can make will make it very hard for RPG games to be downloaded... that is why there is a major shorting of rpgs on the system and with none in the works .

was thinking

Zenonia
Elemental Masters

but i dont really think masters is worth 800 pts

and dont feel like buying a 2000 pt card just for a 800 pt game

if my cousin is still working tonight and i have the chance to go past a meijers i might pick one up if not might pick one up tomorrow if there is no snowstorm and am running early..

might grab
Zenonia-------------------800 pts
Elemental Masters---- 800 pts
Sujin Taisen - Number battle. 500 pts

I have 100 pts left over right now

would break them down to 6 per game

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone here regularly buy PSN cards on Amazon? They are sold out right now, except for people selling them for MORE than their face value. I'm wondering if this is normal, or just people buying them up for christmas gifts. They have been like that since I started looking at them, in early november. I was able to buy 2 $10 cards because the $20 cards were out of stock, and since then I haven't seen either of them in stock for face value or less.

Seems like, at least the last few times I checked, the PSN cards on Amazon cost more that their actual value due to shipping/handling costs from the seller. That is just ludicrous!

[quote name='g-man']Does anyone here regularly buy PSN cards on Amazon? They are sold out right now, except for people selling them for MORE than their face value. I'm wondering if this is normal, or just people buying them up for christmas gifts. They have been like that since I started looking at them, in early november. I was able to buy 2 $10 cards because the $20 cards were out of stock, and since then I haven't seen either of them in stock for face value or less.[/QUOTE]

Just confirming, I did this a few weeks ago with MS points (during the last Santa Bucks weekend) and not only did it work, but there was no tax charged.

Picked up a DSI 2000 pt card for 17.10 After tax

picked up

might grab
Zenonia-------------------800 pts
Elemental Masters---- 800 pts
Sujin Taisen - Number battle. 500 pts

figure 5.75 per game not bad..... hooked on Number battle fun little game worth the 6 bucks

tempted to pick up another card BUT im down to like my last 100 blocks on my DSI so how would i download anything else (unless i would have to delete something what i wont)

bread's done
Back