Humble Indie Bundle(steam copies if u bought it already)+bundle #2 this holiday

The best part about that deal was the sheer amount of e-drama involved.

I still hate that name, Humble Indie Bundle. Eugh.

The best part about that deal was the sheer amount of e-drama involved.
Boy was there ever, it was quite the brawl between people bragging about their generosity and people bragging about only paying $0.01 (or free, if I recall a few places posted the DL links or something)

Wolfire sorta puts these things together, but I have to wonder if they can even participate in the HB2... all they really have is Lugaru, and that was already part of the first bundle. Maybe this is a sign for them to finish up Overgrowth, it's only taken them.... four years?

Great news. Though I activated my bundle on Steam and Penumbra Overture doesn't seem to be showing up. Like it gives me the option to download it after I enter the code, but it gives me the "Steam servers are busy" message, and it isn't on my games list. Hmm.

awesome!
thanks for the post and notification!
cant wait for the 2nd humble indie bundle to show up

I totally forgot to download these after purchasing them initially, so Steam activation is excellent for me.

Pretty cool! Too bad I've already collected steam copies of everything but Lugaru and Penumbra from the holiday sale. :(

It's amazing how many times I've wound up buying some of these games. Think I've paid for Gish and World of Goo about 4 times between all of the bundles that include them.

Can't wait for HIB2!

I love that this is now on Steam although I already have Gish and World of Goo on there. Can't wait for the next bundle!

[quote name='hpv']It's amazing how many times I've wound up buying some of these games. Think I've paid for Gish and World of Goo about 4 times between all of the bundles that include them.

Can't wait for HIB2![/QUOTE]

You have no idea. Humble Indie Bundle 2: pay what you want for 4 copies of World of Goo with a bonus copy of Gish thrown in.

[quote name='hpv']It's amazing how many times I've wound up buying some of these games. Think I've paid for Gish and World of Goo about 4 times between all of the bundles that include them.

Can't wait for HIB2![/QUOTE]

Don't suppose you've got an extra copy of Gish to sell... ?

In reading on the site about the HIB#1, it sounds like it did really well. Hopefully #2 will be the same and this can become a staple offering.

I would've picked up the bundle if I'd known Steam support would've eventually come around... funny, now that I no longer hold myself exclusive to Steam. blargh

Very awesome. Totally forgot about buying this bundle. So nice that they actually sent me an email to notify me of this new feature. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

got the email and redeemed it on steam ,which makes this even more awesome, but i wonder if they had to pay or did they work out some kind of a deal with steam for all the keys? anyways cant wait for the sequel

Thanks for the heads-up! I activated my code and everything showed up in Steam just fine.

I'm looking forward to the next Humble Bundle; it's good to know the money goes to good places. I'm going to donate even more this next time.

Didn't expect to be sent one since I got the Linux bundle. I think I'll give it to my cousin since I have no way of redeeming it.

[quote name='pROvIs']Does anyone know if the extras show up as gifts?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing no, given how few Steam titles are giftable if you have extras. There's an explicit list of maybe ten or so; NOTHING else gives you giftable copies.

wow, i gave $1 because i support independent movements. I didn't install any of them, but i will now. THANK YOU OP & INDIE DEVS

I've forgotten what was in the first one, and I bought it. I don't think i've played anything from it for more then 10 minutes, which is not a statement about the games, but about my failure to play anything I've bought for the computer more then 10 minutes, no matter how good.

For Mac users, be aware that the Mac versions of Gish and Aquaria aren't actually available on Steam, so it will download the Windows versions and then get upset when you try to run them. Also, Penumbra: Overture is currently giving a "servers too busy" error when it tries to download. Lugaru HD and World of Goo work OK.

I think Samorost 2 isn't included because the game itself isn't on Steam -- the key only enables you to get the games that were already available on Steam. (If you like Samorost 2, though, grab Machinarium next time it goes on sale -- great game from the same developers.)

This was a really nice surprise. I'm amazed they took the time to work with Valve on this. (After all, I was just happy to get the games themselves.)

I'm definitely going to up my donation when the next bundle comes around.

[quote name='vlv723']It is a deal, to whoever posted "not a deal" on the tag.

Thanks OP! Got my games transferred to Steam.[/QUOTE]
How exactly does this qualify as a deal? You're getting nothing but access to stuff you paid for already.

Ouch, CAG's. To those that are championing the "not a deal" idea, let's be a bit more civil. While it's true there is no specific deal, it does have a function. First, it tells CAG's that donated to the original Humble Indie Bundle that they should check their e-mail addresses for a Steam code. (CAG's love Steam codes.) Second, this thread explains that a new HIB will be made available during the holiday's. (CAG's love their prep time.)

I agree it's not a specific deal, but I believe it has a purpose in this forum.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Ouch, CAG's. To those that are championing the "not a deal" idea, let's be a bit more civil. While it's true there is no specific deal, it does have a function. First, it tells CAG's that donated to the original Humble Indie Bundle that they should check their e-mail addresses for a Steam code. (CAG's love Steam codes.) Second, this thread explains that a new HIB will be made available during the holiday's. (CAG's love their prep time.)

I agree it's not a specific deal, but I believe it has a purpose in this forum.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

bread's done
Back