The Carlos Cabrera, Hugo Savinovich, and Spanish Announce Table Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Flames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This thread is dedicated to the commentators who were often left tableless during most WWE shows, Carlos Cabrera and Hugo Savinovich:

28segundas.jpg

Also, call it goofy if you want, but for an inanimate object, back in the day it took some sick-ass bumps. Here's a highlight reel of some its greatest hits (featuring cameos by its English-speaking cousin):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9_4k4TN2f8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fA0gOJuUHc&feature=related

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, it was as over as Hardcore Holly, I'll give the piece of furniture that much.[/QUOTE]
About that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8pKC6d3f84

I always loved that Taker chokeslamming Shane from the top rope to the floor spot...especially since it's been in the Smackdown games ever since and looks awesome.

[quote name='neocisco']I wish I could find a clip of the sick bump Benoit took on the SD table in a match against Booker T. He dove through the ropes, Booker moved and he landed upside down vertically, back first on the edge of the table. I couldn't believe he finished the match.

EDIT: I found it.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

[quote name='neocisco']My topic will CHANGE THE WRESTLING THREADS FOREVER!!![/QUOTE]

Hopefully this thread hits 500 before Dixie snatches it up then.

On the topic of this thread though, I can't seem to remember the last time the Spanish announcing tables took a bump.

Good call on the thread. I remember watching PPVs when I was younger and everytime I saw the Spanish announce table ya just knew you were gonna see a spot that night

[quote name='neocisco']I have an idea for the next topic so I'm calling the next thread.[/QUOTE]

I hope its.....
The Scott Steiner "I'm Hungry" Wrestling Thread.

;)

[quote name='Demolition Man']I hope its.....
The Scott Steiner "I'm Hungry" Wrestling Thread.

;)[/QUOTE]

I hope its.....
The Super Dragon!!! *clap clap* *clap clap clap* Wrestling Thread

;)

Seeing Jim Ross with the effects of Bell's palsy stirs up my angry memories of WWE treating him like crap throughout the years. Did you know that JR's first Bell's palsy attack was in 1994? I placed it a few years later. I skimmed through JR's Wikipedia entry as a refresher course, and wonder why he put up with all the crap WWE tossed at him. Surely it wasn't just for the almighty dollar?

---

The new season of NXT is sorta boring. NXT, after Season 3, will become like American Idol, after Adam Lambert's season: Hard to watch. Unless Grisham really lets loose his personality, he comes across as very mundane and uninteresting. Season 3 allowed viewers to connect with Josh Matthews and Michael Cole. I am much more fond of Matthews and Cole than I had been prior to watching NXT Season 3. It was a joy.

Of NXT Season 4, Brodus Clay and the-Jewfro-guy-that-sorta-mimics-Flyin-Brian-Pillman look promising. I could see Brodus Clay emerging from the NXT muck as WWE's next decently-pushed big man. What makes Clay different, it seems, is his intelligence/ability to actually cut promos. A 6-feet-8-inch Taz? Sounds good to me.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What kind of name is Savinovich for a Mexican guy... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Hes actullay from Equator & was once married to Wendi Richter. Shocking I know.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Hes actullay from Equator & was once married to Wendi Richter. Shocking I know.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I heard he was from Ecuador.

That Benoit bump was horrifying.

Outside of Chikara and ROH, does anyone know any indys that run shows around DC on weekends? I live close to DC for now and I'm sick of being bored on Saturdays.

JAPW is running at the ECW Arena Saturday afternoon, w/ a main event of Mike Quackenbush vs Jyushin Thunder Liger.

Not sure I'm going, but if I do, it'll be a last minute decision.

Holy shit. I don't know if I can get that far out but I'll try. The card looks pretty great. Seeing the ECW Arena in person for a wrestling show would be a long-coming pilgrimage for me. It's like 3 1/2 hours but my next chance for anything (I think) would be ROH in Richmond in January and I don't know if I'll be free that weekend.

Wow... I just hope Quackenbush can make Liger look good. Liger is getting up there... almost 50 I believe. But I suppose it's like watching a Flair match, you go for the spectacle and not the wrestling. I have no clue as to why Quackenbush isn't working for one of the big companies. I know he has the whole Chikara thing going, but I highly doubt it will ever gain mainstream popularity.

I still remember watching the Dragon Gate PPV with the Chikara 8-man tag match. Damn... that was some good wrasslin'.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']ROH also hits up Manassass, VA at least once a year.[/QUOTE]

See, that would be ideal. I'm like 35 miles south of DC in Quantico. Philly without traffic would take at least 3 hours, if I get traffic, it could take three hours just to get past Baltimore.

I won't know about JAPW until Saturday morning. The Marine Corps has this hilarious way of ruining plans without prior notice.

I love that the shot of Jarrett Hardy and Abyss holding up the sign that says THEREeeeeeee Heereeeeee made it into the Impact intro, as well as shots of Dixie looking concerned and signing stuff.

This episode of TNA is much better than last week's ep. so far. It's like they actually realized explaining angles and hyping what's next actually makes things interesting.

Was that bizarro D-Von guy Mykelti Williamson? Did we just watch Ink Inc. vs. Bubba Bubba?

Okay it wasn't, but it was still more fun to watch than that Tara peformance with those two shirtless guys dancing with each other. Who though that was a good idea? I like the buildup with Tara-Mickie Round 2 though. Has there ever been a women's steel cage in American wrestling?

And it's nice to see The Beautiful Whores ... I mean people again.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I gotta admit this new TNA shirt is badass.[/QUOTE]

eeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh.

WWE released the classic "Andre" t-shirt this week (white shirt w/ hand print in red w/ signature underneath). If they only release a classic Demolition shirt, I'll be the first to admit I'd be dumb enough to drop $28 on that.

[quote name='cheapbastard']Hes actullay from Equator & was once married to Wendi Richter. Shocking I know.[/QUOTE]

Interesting fellow Blanka... Richter... Savinovich... are they Jewish?

Halo05: I HATE driving around DC... today it took me like 2 hours to get from Rockville to Baltimore. :\

I enjoyed Impact a lot tonight. The opening promo was a little long, and good gawd is the Immortal theme terrible, but it at least setup Anderson-Morgan for...some indeterminate time in the future. I thought it would be later in the show, but it never happened. I'm fine with that. Tara's "concert" with Gen Me doing the moonwalk, the do-see-do, AND the Alex Wright dance while Tara did the running man was AWESOME. The Guns-Gunner/Murphy was nothing, but Storm ruled on commentary.

Liked Team 2D vs. Ink Inc because Ray was just so goofy. Devon needs a new theme - preferably something that starts with TESTIFY so people will know it's his theme. Pope's deal with the casket and a large group singing "I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE" while he talked over the PA system was just weird. Douglas-Abyss was pretty decent for an Abyss match. I loved that AJ-Douglas WILL CONTINUE. The KOs tag semi-final was awful, but amusing thanks to Daffney and Taz's commentary. The Double J Double M-A challenge was perfect. It didn't drag on, they had JB do the disclaimer, the "fight" was short, and they pretty much did the same deal they did before with Kong, so this worked.

Tara-Mickie wasn't a technically perfect match as there was some really awkward-looking stuff in there, but man did it ever feel special and it had some great drama. Mickie's Thesz press off the top of the cage hit perfectly. And Thank God too, because she doesn't hit that thing too well off of ropes, and this could have been a complete disaster, especially with Tara's hurt arm, but it hit, led to a seamless cover, and ruled.

Very good show overall that really put over the importance of the titles. Granted, having say...the KOs tag belts defended more than once in six months might help them have a consistent feeling of importance, but for one night at least, they really stressed that championships mean something. NOW PUT A DAMNED TV TITLE PLATE ON THE TV TITLE. It looks like a bush-league belt with just a blank plate where "Television" should be.

Screens -

"Do you care about buyrates?"

EY FIGURES ARE MARKED DOWN!

More Screens -

Quotes -
Bischoff - EVERYTHING WE DID AT BFG IS IN LEGAL LIMBO! When lawyers and judges get involved, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN! WE NEED THE BELTS, THE GOLD, BECAUSE WITH THE GOLD GOES THE POWER! IF THE COURT CASE GOES WRONG, WE NEED ALL THE LEVERAGE WE CAN GET! Mr. Styles, please stand up. THE PHENOMAL ONE, WHO BUILT TNA…LOST THE WORLD TELEVISION TITLE, CAUSING US TO LOSE LEVERAGE! NO MORE LOSERS!
Rhino - Where’s that contract?
Bischoff - Here, NO! YOU’VE GOT A FAMILY…. YOU LOST TO RVD!
RHINO - I’ve got some stitches! I’VE GOT A FAMILY!
Bischoff - WHAT GOOD ARE YOU TO ME!?
Tenay - THE POWER AND CONTROL GOES ALONG WITH THE GOLD!
Bischoff - Without any further delay, it is with great honor and pride that Ric Flair, myself, and the rest of Immortal INTRODUCE THE IMMORTAL WORLD CHAMPION, JEFF HARDY!
Tenay - He’s the most important wrestler IN THE UNIVERSE because he is the TNA World Champion. Matt Morgan’s string of controversial losses continue.
Taz - Jeff Hardy is the most bizarre champion in wrestling history.
Bischoff - There is a reason that Hulk Hogan anointed Jeff Hardy as the man to carry the banner…because as great as he is and always will be, he will only remain great if he is challenged by greatness. HE BEAT A MAN WHO WAS A WORTHY OPPONENT, a man that I would like to introduce - MATT MORGAN.
Crowd - MOR-GAN! MOR-GAN!
Bischoff - Matt, I know what you’re thinking. Guys, we talked about this. There’s no need for a pipe! Nothing’s gonna go wrong here - we’re under the scrutiny of a federal judge! Dixie’s got lawyers who have hired proctologists looking at everything we do - TNA, from this point forward, is about fair play. We’re here to talk about what’s fair - I’ve watched the tape 25 times. I’ve gotta say that with all due respect, you could have beaten Jeff Hardy. You not being him has nothing to do with what’s missing in you - you’re seven feet of bad-ass athlete. The reason you didn’t beat him was because of that horseshit referee - Ken Anderson cost you that match. If you had a ref that knew what he was doing, you would’ve won. When Ken couldn’t wrestle, you gave the fans what they wanted, and you deserve a shot. After consulting with Jeff, Ric Flair, and someone who will remain nameless - you versus Ken Anderson, and the winner gets a shot at Jeff Hardy.
Taz - Good deal.
Tenay - SOUNDS LIKE A ROADBLOCK TO ME!
Morgan - As of today, he’s still not medically-cleared to wrestled. Your mental-manipulation match IS NOT HAPPENING.
Bischoff - He’s capable of wrestling. If he doesn’t wrestle, he can crawl into his snuggle, freeze his ass off with the rest of the nobodies - if he doesn’t wrestle, he’s done. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. THE MATCH WILL BE MADE, HIT MY MUSIC!
Tenay - Tonight, TARA IS LIVE AND IN CONCERT!
Ray - For 15 years, I’ve proved why Brother Ray was the focal point of Team 3D. ANYBODY COULD’VE BEEN MY PARTNER. ANYBODY COULD’VE BEEN DEVON. TONIGHT, I’M GONNA PROVE IT!
“Devon” - OH BY BROTHA, TESTIFY!
Taz - That’s definitely not Brother Devon.
Taz - This is one of the students from their wrestling school.
Taz - I guess we’ll call him Devon 2.
Taz - Devon 2 with the spinning elbow.
Ray - Slam him - GO FOR THE HEADBUTT!
Crowd - SHUT UP, FAT BOY!
Ray - DDEEEEEEVVOOOONNNN! DEEEEVOOONNNNN!
Crowd - Jesse. Jesse! Jesse!
Ray - DO THE SPIN!
Tenay - Right down to the testify!
Ray - DEVON - 1,2, 3 - GET THE TABLES!
Crowd - SHUT UP, FAT BOY!
Tenay - LOOK AT BROTHER RAY SCOOT!
Tara - BRROOOOKEEENNNN!
Taz - Mickie broke up an excellent lip session from Tara.
Mickie - I’m sick of this! I CAN’T STAND YOU! The say I see it, here’s only one way to settle this - if security’s gonna break up our fights, and it’s obvious you can’t do anything by yourself - the only way to settle it is you versus me in a steel cage! Only one is walking out! Let’s not wait for Genesis honey, LET’S DO IT TONIGHT.
Roode - Guys, MOSEY ON!
Storm - Gimme $20.
Roode - I gave you $20...
Storrm - JUST A BEER RUN…
Jarrett - Ever since Sunday, the massive support from my fan base has been incredible. Some are calling it my biggest win ever, I don’t know about that, but it’s definitely the biggest win in my MMA career.
Storm - Whadya call a woman with two front teeth? A BOTTLE OPENER!
Storm - WE’RE LIKE NOSTRADAMUS - WE CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE!
Storm - They’re two BIG guys!
Storm - The Guns are like a six-pack - just wanna drink ‘em up!
Storm - They’re two boys in a man’s world. THEY’RE HOLDING OUR BELTS FOR US!
Storm - They play on their game consoles, their intendos - WE’RE OUT DRINKING BEERS!
Storm - YOU WANT SOME? COME ON, LITTLE BOY!
Morgan - Ken, YOU’RE A STUBBORN SON OF A BITCH!
Taz - ZOMBIE HOT AND MUY CALIENTE!
Tenay - Surreally…Sarita, really on a roll.
Taz - I like the teeny top-hat.
Taz - LOVE THE PINK!
Taz - I hear some flappin! LET THE PIGEONS LOOSE!
Taz - I’ve never been so envious of a ring rope. Where do I sign up to be a second rope?
Crowd - DAFFNEY! DAFFNEY!
Sarita - Velvet, this is really starting to become a joke. Every time you get Into trouble, you run back to Angelina. I kicked your scrawny little ass and beat you TWICE, and what did you do? You went running to hide behind your girlfriend! You afraid of me? You can’t beat me? YOU’RE RIGHT. YOU CAN’T DO IT ON YOUR OWN, VELVET. So let me ask you one question? When are you gonna grow a set!?
Taz - They’re BFFs. That’s what the kids call it, right?
Taz - TIME TO GET ZOMBIE HOT!
Pope - POPE HAD AN AWAKENING. HE’S GONNA LEAD HIS CONGREGATION TO NEW HEIGHTS! Tonight, we will start by helping those in need. There’s a little boy, a little girl, sitting it an urban residence, with only one mom, one dad, and we are heading into the holiday season. Some may have a tree, but there are many that will only have a Christmas twig. Congregation, REACH BACK, REACH DOWN INSIDE THOSE POCKETS AND JOIN IN ON THIS DONATION TO HELP THOSE THAT ARE LESS FORTUNATE. Because this marks the beginning of a new era of the congregation! CAN I GET A HAMEN! With Pope, there is hope, cuz POPE IS PIMPING!
AJ - TEAR HIS BALLS OFF AND BEAT HIM WITH THEM!
Crowd - LET’S GO DOUGLAS!
(after Clashing Douglas on the ramp)AJ - DON’T TAKE MY MOVE EVER AGAIN!
Jarrett - Sunday night…
Crowd - YOU SOLD OUT!
Jarrett - FOR THE LAST TIME, I BOUGHT IN! I FREAKIN BOUGHT IN! SUNDAY, THE ENTIWE, ENTIRE WORLD FOUND OUT THAT I AM THE MOST FEARED ATHLETE IN THE WORLD TODAY! No one, and I mean no one thought that I could make even the Submission Machine himself tapout. BUT I DID. And now, it’s time for me to up the ante! It being the holiday season and Christmas is right around the corner… I’M IN A GIVING MOOD, I’m gonna give someone in the Impact Zone a chance to make something of themselves. Cuz I’m throwing out the first ever Double J, Double M-A Challenge. If any man, woman, or child can make me submit - I’ll fork over $100,000.
Taz - I shoulda brought my gi.
Jarrett - JB, I’m gonna need your help. GET UP HERE.
Jarrett - YOU’RE ALL GASSED UP BUDDY! Guys like GSP, Koscheck, and me are for real! THROW HIM OUT, HE’S DRUNK! Get this guy.
JB - The guy in the TNA shirt?
Jarrett - AND TNA HAT!
Jarrett - There ain’t a horse that can’t be rode and a cowboy that can’t be throwd.
Taz - Just like they say in Brooklyn.
Crowd - LET’S GO MIKE, LET’S GO MIKE!
Taz - I like the cougarism of Tara. Rawr!

[quote name='Purple Flames']I gotta admit this new TNA shirt is badass.

163158_129497567111794_125622794165938_177133_3986652_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

They're not trying to capitalize on the Tapout style of shirts at all.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I gotta admit this new TNA shirt is badass.

163158_129497567111794_125622794165938_177133_3986652_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

I think I'd rather wear a Grimace-purple John Cena shirt than be seen wearing some stupid shit like that.

I still hate you, Viking Hall. 13 hour drive across Pennsylvania in the middle of February for a 3PW show that had Sandman/Dreamer/Raven headlining and never found the damn place. I'm still bitter.

Man, I haven't been to wrestling show in years. Toyed with the idea of it recently, but nothing really worked out. God, I'd say the last thing I went to had to be a Raw back in, I don't know, 2000 or possibly *very* early 2001. I always hear about this great shows out near Philly, but I'm on the other side of the state, and they never seem to be happening when I'm actually out near Philly. Bleh.

And why is their music playing at the airport? Because it's *awesome*. ;)

I watched Smackdown (tonight's ep) for the first time in a month or more ... holy hell, that show is weak as fuck. The Edge/Kane stuff is so far beyond pointless that it makes TNA look like geniuses.

Every week since Edge kidnapped Paul he's had him taped into a wheelchair and has been terrorizing both him and Kane. Edge is supposed to be the face and he's acting like a psychopath and against Kane no less! In the past if Raw was crap SD was generally pretty decent and vice versa. Now both shows are nothing but garbage and WWE programming is essentially unwatchable at this point.

[quote name='neocisco']Every week since Edge kidnapped Paul he's had him taped into a wheelchair and has been terrorizing both him and Kane. Edge is supposed to be the face and he's acting like a psychopath and against Kane no less! In the past if Raw was crap SD was generally pretty decent and vice versa. Now both shows are nothing but garbage and WWE programming is essentially unwatchable at this point.[/QUOTE]

My wife watches with me every now and again and she had the same observation. She thought Edge was the Heel given his behavior. It's bad writing on creative's part.

Totally considering going to PWG's last show of the year tomorow night.

Kings Of Wrestling (Hero & Castagnoli) vs. Paul London & El Generico
Kevin Steen vs. Akira Tozawa
Brandon Gatson vs. Joey Ryan
The Young Bucks vs. Bryan Cage & Ryan Taylor
Roderick Strong vs. Chuck Taylor
The Cutler Brothers vs. Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma
Willie Mack vs. Peter Avalon

I turned on SmackDown and saw an eagle fighting a midget... and you guys are saying SmackDown is better than Impact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back