Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

hlaalumaster9

CAGiversary!
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/09/uncharted-3-drakes-deception-coming-in-2011/
http://www.destructoid.com/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception-revealed-189280.phtml

Uncharted 3 will be released November 1, 2011

Taking place in the desert as some had supposed, Drake's Deception is all about the relationship between Nathan Drake and Victor "Sully" Sullivan. The story will unfold across the Arabian Peninsula and the Rub’ al Khali Desert, as Nathan finds out some truths about his identity.

Naughty Dog have been inspired by the early years of T.E Lawrence's life and aims to create a truly cinematic experience, like they always do.

Cover and Amazon page (provided by Saint Noir): http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EQCCI4?tag=cheapassgam08-20

Trailer (provided by JMEPO):
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-uncharted-3/708329

Gameplay demo on Jimmy Fallon (provided by Supplice):
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/uncharted-3-demo-12-13-10/1264778

Last edited by a moderator:
How can you pay off a pre-order? Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship the game.. unless you used a bunch of giftcards.

Anyway, I'm holding off until they announce a collectors edition. This game deserves a collectors edition as long as they don't dick over the average consumer like they did with the Fortune Hunter edition or like they did by releasing a collectors edition over in Europe (then again, they release CEs for a lot of games over in Europe that we don't get...).

[quote name='Vinny']How can you pay off a pre-order? Amazon doesn't charge you until they ship the game.. unless you used a bunch of giftcards.

Anyway, I'm holding off until they announce a collectors edition. This game deserves a collectors edition as long as they don't dick over the average consumer like they did with the Fortune Hunter edition or like they did by releasing a collectors edition over in Europe (then again, they release CEs for a lot of games over in Europe that we don't get...).[/QUOTE]

Amazon credit. And yeah I'd definitely get a Collectors/Limited edition if they make one.

so kinda ot but not so muich for those of you still playing u2 mp today they have an 8x multiplier going so if you use glass jaw and come get some youll get $320,000 for every 5 kills you get.

Aw damn they removed it. I'm sure it'll be back in a few days after they officially announce it. I never knew there was an Uncharted 2 beta with Infamous. I'd be all over that if they do it for Uncharted 3. I would even become a PS+ subscriber if I had to to get in the beta lol.

So excited!!!!! Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are absolutely amazing. The 4 part Eye of Indra comics are also fantastic. I love this series soooo much!! :applause:

[quote name='ShockandAww']Aw damn they removed it. I'm sure it'll be back in a few days after they officially announce it. I never knew there was an Uncharted 2 beta with Infamous. I'd be all over that if they do it for Uncharted 3. I would even become a PS+ subscriber if I had to to get in the beta lol.[/QUOTE]

yeah that mp beta sold me on the game i didnt even really care about the sp story but once i played it i went back to get u1 the definelty did a great job improving 2 over 1 itll be interesting to see how they improve 3 over 2.

This is awesome. Next years line up of games is now officially insane. PS3 alone will have at least 5 huge exclusives (LBP, Killzone, Infamous, The Last Guardian, and now Uncharted 3...not to mention Resistance, Twisted Metal, Motorstorm...).

If they can top Uncharted 2 I don't think anything else will even really compete for GOTY next year besides Arkham City.

[quote name='Jodou']Thank god they're ditching the chicks. Loved the Drake/Sully banter from the first game.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there will be chicks. And I am pretty sure Elena is confirmed for this one.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I'm sure there will be chicks. And I am pretty sure Elena is confirmed for this one.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully she has a minor role. You know, in the kitchen where she belongs.

[quote name='Trakan']Better gunplay and less turning into complete shit in the second half of the game, please.[/QUOTE]
I actually didn't like Uncharted 2 at all until the second half.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I actually didn't like Uncharted 2 at all until the second half.[/QUOTE]

Same. True story: I nearly gave up on the game about 2-3 chapters in. With all the stealth aspects of it, I wasn't finding it engaging enough. As soon as I went into the city, I was blown away. Truly an amazing experience.

The first two games are some of the best games ever made in my opinion for their overall quality gameplay and production values. You can tell the care that ND puts into these games.

Teaser Trailers and cover art! Oh boy!

I know have a reason to watch the VGA's saturday. Lets hope they show it within the first 20 minutes of the show.

From amazon...
Nathan Drake's journey will put you through new challenges and take you to stunning locations around the world, from a derelict chateau in France, to the merciless Arabian Dessert.
  • A search for the fabled "Atlantis of the Sands" propels fortune hunter Nathan Drake on a trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. When the terrible secrets of this lost city are unearthed, Drake’s quest descends into a desperate bid for survival that strains the limits of his endurance and forces him to confront his deepest fears.
If I recall at the end of Uncharted 2, he told Elena that he was very afraid of
clowns
Something to think about

Oh, God.

Judging from the cover art and the description on Amazon it seems like it's going to be Uncharted 3: The Prince of Persia with a bunch of
supernatural shit.

Goddamn it.

I couldn't be more excited about this. The setting is kind of cliche for the pulp adventure genre but I guess it's the logical thing to do.

[quote name='Trakan']Oh, God.

Judging from the cover art and the description on Amazon it seems like it's going to be Uncharted 3: The Prince of Persia with a bunch of
supernatural shit.

Goddamn it.[/QUOTE]

Both Uncharted 1 and 2 had supernatural stuff in it... but I don't think Amazon's description should be taken that seriously. Can't wait for the official unveiling.

supernatural shit.

Goddamn it.[/QUOTE]

Who cares about the story? The second Uncharted had a okay story it was good for a video game but it wasn't mid blowing. The only video game that had a truly mid-blowing Hollywood style store in my opinion was Knights of the Old Republic (the first one on Xbox). Seriously KOTOR's story was every bit as good as the Empire Strikes back. As long as uncharted 3 has a likable story like the first 2 with big action, then I'd totally be happy. Like I said I mostly played the second one for the addictive gameplay and the crazy amount of different locals. To me the gameplay of this series outweighs the story in terms of importance. The polish and level of control in uncharted 2 is unreal. Also the control figuration (i.e. how you control the action) is way better than any FPS. Playing a game like killzone 2 frustrates the hell out of me since all the control figuration suck compared to uncharted 2.

In any case, the second one had some supernatural elements that were somewhat grounded by reality. I.E. the true identity of the beasts hunting you down. I'm sure the 3rd uncharted will have a similar approach to the supernatural elements.

I hope the main campaign is a bit longer, they offer uncharted 2's multiplayer maps+ several new ones, and I hope they offer more than 2 stock online co-op modes. 2 is just a weak amount (4-5 would rule!).

Without a doubt Uncharted is my 1 favorite series any console. It even beats out my love for Mario games (and I love Mario!).

supernatural shit.

Goddamn it.[/QUOTE]

The first game handled it far worse than the second. I hated it in Drake's Fortune, but tolerated it in Among Thieves.

I know (most) everyone liked the multiplayer in the 2nd game, but I hope it doesn't take away from the single player campaign. I really didn't care that much for the multiplayer stuff and don't want to see the singleplayer modes suffer for it.

Link works again. No real need to pre-order it now unless amazon offers some discount or bonus credit.

bread's done
Back