Men Over 30

nasum

CAGiversary!
So, when you guys hit 30 did you notice many physical changes? I've been so tired that I could literally fall asleep any time I wanted to by closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths. I've also noticed a bunch of aches and pains creeping in, I'm no longer resistant to cold the way I once was, decreased libido, daydreaming a whole bunch and really would rather sit around doing nothing than going out with my younger pals who still drink like they're in college. It's like all of the sudden two beers is cool with me and I'm fine whereas I used to be a six-pack a night kind of guy.

This is really weird and it's freaking me out.

It's not unique to you. I notice I'm sleepy more often and fall asleep easier too. I was never much of a drinker, so I can't answer that. I've also noticed that I can't stay up like I used to. If I'm up past 2-3 am, and get up early the next day, I can't take it like I used to. But the biggest one is when I wack off, I get short of breath and almost exhausted sometimes and not others. That NEVER happned to me before I was 32. Maybe I'm just out of shape?

Welcome to the club.

I too experience many of the aging side effects that you listed. Except for this one... "decreased libido."

Otherwise, I'm ALWAYS tired, things hurt that shouldn't hurt, I'm very sensitive to the cold, and I constantly live in a dreamworld of sorts.

Also, if I sit on the floor for too long, it's hard to get up.

Yeah... getting old sucks, and being thirty-something is awful. This is typically the age range where the rest of your life happens. For example, I'm married to a woman who doesn't put out, we have a one-year-old daughter, preparing to buy our first house, in jobs that we will likely have for the rest of our life, and ordering a pizza while sitting on the couch with a movie and a few beers has replaced any desire to go out.

Enjoy.

Dude seriously just go to your doctor and ask for a prescription of "Testosterone Gel" you rub it on your skin and it make a HUGE difference in everything you do. !!

[quote name='2DMention']But the biggest one is when I wack off, I get short of breath and almost exhausted sometimes and not others.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. :roll:

Are you a heavy dude? Or do you just really give that meat a pounding?

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Thanks for the info. :roll:

Are you a heavy dude? Or do you just really give that meat a pounding?[/QUOTE]

:lol: quote of the year !!

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Thanks for the info. :roll:

Are you a heavy dude? Or do you just really give that meat a pounding?[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to share, but I wonder if it's just my problem, or anyone else? And no, I'm not that heavy.

No, almost none of those. I have black hair growing from the edges of my ear for some reason. But I think my energy level is mostly the same. I'm about the same weight I was when I got married 10 years ago. No pains or energy. And having to watch the kids in the morning and do 95% of the housework has required me to have more energy.

I ended up breaking up with my lady over the weekend due to lack of shagging, on my part, which I guess is the weirdest thing ever. Or so was shouted at me. It's not erectile dysfunction either as I can get a boner all day any day, I just really had no desire to shag. She wasn't exactly ugly either.

I went to the doc yesterday and I'm waiting for blood test results in case I have thyroid issues or something.

Also, my left lower eyelid has been twitching for the better part of the last four weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had no desire to "shag." It seems that the guys who want it most (me) never get any, and the guys who don't want it have more than they can handle.

It's a cruel world we live in.

[quote name='nasum']I ended up breaking up with my lady over the weekend due to lack of shagging, on my part, which I guess is the weirdest thing ever. Or so was shouted at me. It's not erectile dysfunction either as I can get a boner all day any day, I just really had no desire to shag. She wasn't exactly ugly either.

I went to the doc yesterday and I'm waiting for blood test results in case I have thyroid issues or something.

Also, my left lower eyelid has been twitching for the better part of the last four weeks...[/QUOTE]

Usually it's the women that breaks of the relationship for that reason.

All those symptoms leads to witchcraft!

But seriously .. your just getting old bro .. enjoy the ride .. dont stress out about it .. and as Men, we age gracefully, more confident, and certain about stuff in life unlike women they just simply age old.

[quote name='nasum']So, when you guys hit 30 did you notice many physical changes? I've been so tired that I could literally fall asleep any time I wanted to by closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths. I've also noticed a bunch of aches and pains creeping in, I'm no longer resistant to cold the way I once was, decreased libido, daydreaming a whole bunch and really would rather sit around doing nothing than going out with my younger pals who still drink like they're in college. It's like all of the sudden two beers is cool with me and I'm fine whereas I used to be a six-pack a night kind of guy.

This is really weird and it's freaking me out.[/QUOTE]
Tiredness, muscle pain and weakness, and cold intolerance might point to your thyroid. Get that checked. Just a simple blood test, and if it's off, you get an inexpensive prescription.

Pretty much. It didn't hit all of a sudden at 30 or anything. Just notice it more and more every year after the mid 20s. Less energy etc. I'm not exhausted all the time or anything. Just not as energetic as when younger, take longer to recover from work outs, get hangovers easier etc.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Tiredness, muscle pain and weakness, and cold intolerance might point to your thyroid. Get that checked. Just a simple blood test, and if it's off, you get an inexpensive prescription.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, this is actually intriguing. I didn't know that these were all issues alongside it. I'm headin into the doctor next week for the exact same issues, maybe I can sound somewhat educated on the subject now, haha.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']
Also, if I sit on the floor for too long, it's hard to get up.
[/QUOTE]

Yes - this!

I noticed the cold thing a couple years ago. I also notice a bit more aches and pains but really nothing too bad.

Just turned 30 but yes I have notice the signs of age. Working out tho help with the energy thing. That is if you have the energy to make yourself workout.

I don't remember any obvious changes until I turned 40 and got married. I put on about 10 lbs but that's about it. A nap does sound pretty good right now though.:lol:

37 here, the thing that really annoys me is I am getting bags or dark circles or whatever they're called under my eyes. I'm not especially vain or anything, and I don't mind aging naturally, but I don't want to look OLDER than I am. Plus I do a job where I meet a lot of people and need to look my best, a lot of it is "image".

My parents never really had them, so it's not genetic. I wonder if it's that I worked nights for a couple of years until 08, and had to fight with myself to stay awake when my body wanted to sleep. Went the dermatologist he just told me about a cream, been using it for a while can't tell yet if its making a big difference. Also told me about some "procedure" but I don't want to end up looking like a circus freak so I said no on that. Anyone else have the same issue?

I notice I take naps a lot more after work (partially due to boredom), I've gained at least 20-30lbs (mostly due to eating out more), and when I crouch down on my feet to pick something up, it's harder to stand up and my ankle hurts. I also get cramps from time to time.

At least I look my age. Until I was 31, I looked like I was 19.

Nope...I feel just as good now, as I did when I was 17.

In fact, I feel like I can do more now than I could when I was 17.

[quote name='Number83']Nope...I feel just as good now, as I did when I was 17.

In fact, I feel like I can do more now than I could when I was 17.[/QUOTE]

That's nice... but the rest of us feel like crap.

Does anyone else wake up in pain in the morning? Just the other day, I woke up feeling like I had a broken rib. It seems like it's a different part every morning. Leg, back, ribs, neck. It's almost like how you feel when you wake up on a cold bathroom floor after a hard night of drinking when you were 18.

On a related note, my mind now realizes that my body has limitations. For example, this morning I had to climb up on my desk to fix something. Upon completion, I was about to jump down (no more than 2.5'-3') when I thought to myself that jumping down might not be such a good idea. When I "hopped" down, I felt as if my legs were too brittle to have accepted any more intense impact.

Yeah... I'm dying right before my own eyes.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']That's nice... but the rest of us feel like crap.

Does anyone else wake up in pain in the morning? Just the other day, I woke up feeling like I had a broken rib. It seems like it's a different part every morning. Leg, back, ribs, neck. It's almost like how you feel when you wake up on a cold bathroom floor after a hard night of drinking when you were 18.

On a related note, my mind now realizes that my body has limitations. For example, this morning I had to climb up on my desk to fix something. Upon completion, I was about to jump down (no more than 2.5'-3') when I thought to myself that jumping down might not be such a good idea. When I "hopped" down, I felt as if my legs were too brittle to have accepted any more intense impact.

Yeah... I'm dying right before my own eyes.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Some new pain or twinge every other day. Just last night my lower back was killing me when I woke up. Today? It's fine. Getting old sucks, but what can you do about it?

30 is really early for your body to be falling apart. Unless you're a pro athlete and you've been running 8 hours a day for the past 20 years, I think you're just over reacting.

Aside from not being able to get up it up again instantly afterwards, I'm fine. I can still go twice in one day although I'm less interested to these days. And who has the time?

[quote name='eldergamer']And who has the time?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I would go out of my way to make time. That's how infrequent it is... at least for me.

I will, it sounds like some of you should get check ups, and/or start taking better care of yourselves.

I'm not model of health myself, but I don't have a litany of aches and pains etc. Just not as energetic as in my younger days, not as athletic, don't recover as quickly from work outs etc. But I generally still feel good.

But I do try to eat reasonably healthy and at least work out or go for a run 2 or 3 times a week (used to do 4 or 5 days), and that makes a big difference. My one vice is I probably drink more than I should. Seldom get drunk though.

when I was in mid/late 20s (I'm 34 now) - my mind DIDN'T make the realization that my body had changed. I played competitive soccer for over 10 years and it was a shock to my system after several years of relative inactivity. My mind knew what to do but my body wouldn't do it. That only took a few games of my filling in on an inter-mural team in grad school though - then my mind realized what was up!

I belong to our community rec center and work out from time to time and go walking with my wife and child pretty regularly. I do sometimes long to be in the kind of shape I was at 18...

Regarding sex, even after us just having a child 10 weeks ago, our sex life is doing fine - I have no complaints.

If you don't eat as healthy as you use to you might consider taking a multivitamin or some sort of supplements. ( I actually eat better now than I did when I was in college - me and my wife love to cook (healthy too - sometimes!)) I take a one-a-day and vitamin c/ester c and echinacea when I think I might be getting sick. We have also started taking *gasp* chia seeds. Remember Chia Pets? Yep, same thing. We have a tbsp a day in a drink (usually cranberry or pomegranate and water.)

[quote name='bordjon']Regarding sex, even after us just having a child 10 weeks ago, our sex life is doing fine - I have no complaints.[/QUOTE]

I envy you. I may have had sex with my wife 8 times this year. Our sex life is dead.

[quote name='bordjon']If you don't eat as healthy as you use to you might consider taking a multivitamin or some sort of supplements. ( I actually eat better now than I did when I was in college - me and my wife love to cook (healthy too - sometimes!)) I take a one-a-day and vitamin c/ester c and echinacea when I think I might be getting sick. We have also started taking *gasp* chia seeds. Remember Chia Pets? Yep, same thing. We have a tbsp a day in a drink (usually cranberry or pomegranate and water.)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I try to eat well, but often get busy and end up not eating as balanced a diet as I should. I do pretty good staying away from high fat foods, but get lazy and sometimes have say a Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice tv dinner with some carrots and hummus or something for dinner.

So I'm pretty big into vitamins. I take a pretty potent multi vitamin (Costco's version of GNCs Mega Men or whatever they call it) as well as zinc in the morning, and take a b complex and c at night. Also take glucosamine/chondroiton for joint health.

It does seem to make a difference. I feel less energetic if I travel for a week or two and don't take any vitamins etc.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I envy you. I may have had sex with my wife 8 times this year. Our sex life is dead.[/QUOTE]

try anal?

is it mutual lack of interest? I think two people mentioned this on the first page and I can't remember if it was or not.

[quote name='nasum']try anal?

is it mutual lack of interest? I think two people mentioned this on the first page and I can't remember if it was or not.[/QUOTE]

She's anti-anal... partly by choice, and partly because of physics.

It's not a mutual lack of interest. I'm VERY interested in participating in the act... especially with my wife. I'm kinda hopelessly attracted to her, to the point to where I can't imagine having sex with anyone else. However, she has a self-admitted libido issue. It's not that she doesn't want to, it's just that she can't get into the mental state required for such things to happen. Flirting, foreplay, you name it... doesn't work. It's totally a mental thing with her... one that only she has control over.

How is anal a viable suggestion to improve his sex life? (It's not)

I take one multi-vitamin. The generic adult multi-vitamin, in gummy form! Those adult vitamins are freaking horse pills and too big to swallow. (thank you stupid teenager joke).
I see no point in taking echanesia, or most of those other herbal supplements. Most of 'complementary' medicine is bunk imho. (Echanesia was proven to be effective as a placebo)

Going to be 35 soon. Other than problems sleeping (psych issues I think) which causes fluctuating energy levels throughout the day, I feel pretty darn good.

It no doubt helps tremendously that I've taken good care of myself for the past decade or so. Eating right and regular exercise goes a long way to maintaining vitality.

Couple things I noticed about being in my 30s:

-Its easier to gain weight and be fat
-You can't recover from hangovers as quickly as you do in your 20's.
- I work out and eat healthy so my energy level is about the same as any 20 year old. If you dont work out, you are sluggish - big time.
- Youre smarter when you are in your 30s than you are in your 20s. You don't care about stupid shit anymore.
- I had back pains that appeared in my mid-30s but they went away when I started doing some back exercises.
- In your 20's you can sleep on a rock and still feel rested. In your 30's, you have to be very careful what you do or else you will have insomnia.
- In your 30's, you are less likely to do stupid stunts. Compare the movies Jackass 1 (when those guys were in their 20s) and Jackass 3 (when they are pushing 40 and hesitating more).
- My libido is always strong but at least I'm not consumed by sex like I was in my early 20s. At least I can get shit done now....

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']My wife injected me with vitamin B12 one day, and I felt great for like eight hours.[/QUOTE]

My grandma in her late-80s gets daily B12 shots to help her function.

Are you, perchance, in your late-80s?

[quote name='xxDOYLExx']have you pissed yourself after tucking it back in? Thats a joy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it sucks. I go through so many pairs of socks it's not funny.

I'll be 30 in two months. The only things different about me are that I'm less tolerant of people's bullshit, and I'm grumpy more often. That's about it really.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I'll be 30 in two months. The only things different about me are that I'm less tolerant of people's bullshit, and I'm grumpy more often. That's about it really.[/QUOTE]

This will Multiply every year here on out.

[quote name='slowdive21']It literally seems like time moves faster as you age. The days seem shorter.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's hit me that 1/2 to 1/3 of my life might be gone. Thinking about that sucks.

[quote name='nddave']This will Multiply every year here on out.[/QUOTE]

Soon I'll be yelling at those punk ass kids to get the fuck off of my lawn while shaking my cane at them. :bouncy:

I don't think about how much life I have left, I think about what time I've wasted. Dunno how long I'll live, nobody really knows how long they'll go, but I just want to accomplish what I want to and enjoy life.

I can sympathize with almost everything people have said. I'm 36, and my joints, back, and muscles feel creakier and more painful with each passing year. It's a rare morning I don't wake up with some sort of pain based on how I slept. (I have a sleep number bed, which I've been able to use to cut down on a lot of it, thank God, but not all).

A lot of it, for me, seems to be circulation (which is part of why cold hurts worse [and I'm in MN right now...]). Exercise is something I should be doing more of, and early in the morning. I find that if I can get moving and get the blood flowing, I feel better most of the day. If I just sit around and don't do anything active, I feel the aches and pains all day.

One thing that I do find funny is that I can still compete very well at volleyball and other things I do -- better than I ever have before because I play regularly -- but I need to stretch more beforehand and limp around for a day after. I remind myself of Yoda in the second prequel movie....hobble in, fly around like a hyperkinetic mofo for a short time, and hobble out....

I do want to throw one thing out quickly for whoever mentioned the eye twitches. i also used to get eye twitches and some other periphery twitches from time to time, and found out I could solve that just by taking magnesium supplements. I highly recommend it if you are having that problem.

As far as for the "couldn't tell you the last time I had sex with my wife" problem, I can't help you there. Let me know if you find a solution to that one. I've got three kids six and under. If it weren't for all the infant feedings, I don't think I'd ever glimpse sight of my wife's breasts anymore.

bread's done
Back