Buying Cartridges Only on Ebay...(is this safe?)

Legolas813

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
i've seen a lot of auctions for gameboy advance games that include only the cartridge (no box or manual)........do you think that it is safe to bid on these auctions........are they just fake copies?!?

btw, most of them have no picture or a generic picture of the box......no actual evidence that the cartridge is real

exactly. most of the one's from overseas are fake. would only buy them complete from ebayers with good feedback and with pictures of the actual product.

There are a TON of bootleg games on eBay...

If there's no proof that the game exists, don't bother. Also, NEVER buy from a seller from Hong Kong or, to be a bit more paranoid, Asia in general. Most of the bootlegs come from there.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']Try requesting a pic of the game, and if they get pissed, you know its fake.[/quote]

yeah i think i'll try that

[quote name='dingly']also look at the sellers other items he put up on ebay[/quote]

Very true.. If they are selling alot of them with cart only and if they are overseas.. Usually its bootlegged.. Buying from US is about the safest u can get..

Yeah stay away from anything outside US/Canada.... I got a copy of Super Street Fighter II turbo on gba that was supposed to be the real deal. Turned out to be a real nice fake... but fake nonetheless :(

[quote name='MadChedar0']Yeah stay away from anything outside US/Canada.... I got a copy of Super Street Fighter II turbo on gba that was supposed to be the real deal. Turned out to be a real nice fake... but fake nonetheless :([/quote]

In that case, though, that may have actually been a good thing...I've heard about the problems that the actual release has, and there's a chance that your cart works better than the real thing.

Still...fake is bad. Period.

bread's done
Back