Aksys Games "Deal With It" Sale /w Free Shipping

Wargamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19714[/IMG-R]Aksys Games is having a "Deal with it" sale featuring several of their quirky games across multiple systems. The sale runs until December 20th and features free shipping and no tax (California residents will be charged tax).

Shipwreck's 2 cents: Perhaps the most eye-catching of the offerings you get to "deal with" is the loli-tastic side-scrolling shooter Deathsmiles. You can read my review if you want, but for $20, you can't go wrong with the Standard Edition. And if you want all the goodies the Limited Edition offers up, it's on sale for $30 as well.

Highlights:
:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

Aksys Games' Deal With It Sale

dwijake.gif

Aksys Games is having a"Deal with it" Sale. It will run until the 20th of December 2010, and features the following items:

:360: Deathsmiles SE $19.99
:360: Deathsmiles LE $29.99
:360: Record of Agarest War Pack (Pillowcase + Mousepad + Game) $29.99
:360: Guilty Gear 2: Overture $12.99
:ds: From the Abyss $14.99
:ds: Heroes Saga Laevatein Tactics $14.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles $9.99
:ds: Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past $14.99
:ds: River City Soccer Hooligans $14.99
:ds: River City Super Sports Challenge $14.99
:ds: World Cup of Pool $9.99
:wii: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core $9.99
:psp: Guilty Gear Accent Core+ (with CD soundtrack) $14.99
:psp: Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

They have Free Shipping as well.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2010/12/10/deal-with-it-or-us-actually

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have ordered Deathsmiles from them,but noticed it was part of the Amazon buy 1 get 1 50 percent off. So I got it for 22.50 with another game I wanted. This thread made me think of it though to check it. Great deal on Deathsmiles.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Hmmm, really hoping the Agarest pack is actually the Limited Edition :([/QUOTE]

It's the LE without the CD. Unclear on whether or not the box is included. This may have been mentioned in the Atlus/Aksys/etc thread

Just in case anyone needed further clarification of the already clear description as I did:

"The Record of Agarest War on the online store is the standard edition, but comes with the mousepad and pillowcase like the LE did.

Please let us know if you have any other questions."

Thanks for sharing, Wargamer!

Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past got a favorable review at IGN a while ago. I haven't finished the game yet myself but it's nice to know that the original JH game was redone and included with this release on the same cart. Lots of extra goodies included in the game overall. From what I've played, it's more novel than game, but that is not a bad thing if you know what you're getting into. I recommend it at this price for sure.

Been wanting Death Smiles Limited Edition and River City Soccer Hooligans, but the shipping will probably kill the deal for me than just going to local gamestop.

I would have preferred the 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors with replica watch to have gone done a little bit.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Been wanting Death Smiles Limited Edition and River City Soccer Hooligans, but the shipping will probably kill the deal for me than just going to local gamestop.

I would have preferred the 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors with replica watch to have gone done a little bit.[/QUOTE]
All of the prices in our store include shipping, so unless you live in California and have to pay sales tax, the price you see is the price you'll pay.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Been wanting Death Smiles Limited Edition and River City Soccer Hooligans, but the shipping will probably kill the deal for me than just going to local gamestop.

I would have preferred the 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors with replica watch to have gone done a little bit.[/QUOTE]

It's free shipping I believe.

[quote name='belisarius']All of the prices in our store include shipping, so unless you live in California and have to pay sales tax, the price you see is the price you'll pay.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, didn't see that bottom part of the post or the website/store. OP put free shipping in the title, it might get more attention. Death Smiles faceplate/soundtrack here we go!

I might have to jump now if I can put 999 along with my order with free shipping.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Oh wow, didn't see that bottom part of the post or the website/store. OP put free shipping in the title, it might get more attention. Death Smiles faceplate/soundtrack here we go!

I might have to jump now if I can put 999 along with my order with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Done.

Last Aksys game I bought was either BBCS or 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Both excellent.

Felt compelled to post in this thread, but... I don't ... know... why?

[quote name='TheKbob']Last Aksys game I bought was either BBCS or 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors. Both excellent.

Felt compelled to post in this thread, but... I don't ... know... why?

i know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but i actually enjoyed Record of Agarest War. Didn't really think much of the romance stuff (since I play real eroge already -.-), but it actually seemed like a cool SRPG.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's the LE without the CD. Unclear on whether or not the box is included. This may have been mentioned in the Atlus/Aksys/etc thread[/QUOTE]
It does not come in the "Naughty" box. It's the standard edition of the game, and the mousepad and pillowcase are just shipped with it. No special packaging.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Oh my god it's Belisarius. :D[/QUOTE]
I am everywhere: In the smile of every child, and the glow of every sunset.

[quote name='Haethos']i know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but i actually enjoyed Record of Agarest War. Didn't really think much of the romance stuff (since I play real eroge already -.-), but it actually seemed like a cool SRPG.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it as well. Only issue I had was that the battles can get repetitive but overall a good SRPG.

Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with CD soundtrack) $19.99

love to get this around 10 bucks very very soon...

good game but lack of maps ingame make the ending sort of hard

Glad this sale runs til the 20th I think I'll make my order next weekend. Will probably get Mimana and maybe Deathsmiles. For anyone who's played it how difficult is Deathsmiles?

Are you seriously describing the game as "loli-tastic" as if it were a good thing?

As if lusting over fictional underage girls were a feature.

Oooo wow I was JUST about to complain that I just bought the Really Naught Edition for 50, but then I see above me it doesn't include all the crap. XD

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']I enjoyed it as well. Only issue I had was that the battles can get repetitive but overall a good SRPG.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I played the hell out of it as well.

I hate to take money away from the publisher directly, but From the Abyss for the DS if $9.57 from Hubbagames on Amazon. Alternatively, some Kmarts will have it in their clearance bin (if they have it in stock). I got it for $9.99 at a Kmart just by happening to see it in their clearance bin.
Overall, it's a decent game. Not the most amazing one, but it's still fun. Definitely worth it at $10, I'd probably bite at $15, although that would probably be as high as I would go, because the most I've paid for a DS game so far is like $20 (and I used Amazon credit for that).

Curious question, is Guilty Gear for the Wii good? It's $10, that's where my impulse buy range is, but I'm still unsure. Thanks!

I picked up Guilty Gear XX AC for Wii, needed another fighting game for my TvC stick! AC+ for Wii seems nonexistent besides at gohastings, haven't seen a game disappear like that in a while.

[quote name='Altanis']Curious question, is Guilty Gear for the Wii good? It's $10, that's where my impulse buy range is, but I'm still unsure. Thanks![/quote]
As long as you have a Classic Controller or an arcade stick its great. I haven't played GG since XX on PS2.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']Glad this sale runs til the 20th I think I'll make my order next weekend. Will probably get Mimana and maybe Deathsmiles. For anyone who's played it how difficult is Deathsmiles?[/QUOTE]

Deathsmiles isn't that difficult for a CAVE shooter. You can clearly see your hit box on your character (indicated as a large heart) and you can choose the difficulty of each level (1, 2, 3 and 999 in black label mode). It's a lot more manageable than CAVE's other shooters like Mushihimesama Futari. Also you have unlimited continues so if you just want to play and see the ending it will let you do that.

bread's done
Back