#241 infiniteHorizon   hrzn CAGiversary!   3869 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

infiniteHorizon

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

anyone get that first companion for
Spoiler

#242 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

As a Level 7 Warrior type, I took on an frozen ice trolll in Hagarth before talking to the Whitebeards/Whitemanes, and there was NO WAY IN HELL I was tanking that thing. Even my arrows were barely doing anything! It was to the point where the troll would regain health faster than my damage from shooting arrows! I saw some video gameplay, and some guy was casting fire spells that actually finished the stupid troll 5x as fast I was.... The only way I defeated the troll was exploiting the map and wasted 50 arrows and casting fire-spells like crazy. Some warrior I am.

It's pretty much classic RPG lore that trolls need to be killed/damaged with fire. Everyone starts with a flame spell, I believe. But trolls in Elder Scrolls series have always been a nuisance.

#243 Sistros   CAG CAGiversary!   162 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:28 AM

Spoiler

She'll either be inside Dragonsreach or wandering around in your house (If you bought one already).

That is, if you told her to part ways...

#244 oldboy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Does anyone know if I Delphine's Attic is my personal room?

#245 gnargnargnar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   584 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

gnargnargnar

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

Game definitely has its claws in me. Playing the PC version, but this seems to be the only active ESV thread, so I guess I'll hang out here. I am playing with a 360 controller, though, as the menu is not mouse and keyboard friendly at all.

15 hours played so far, and I'm ready to crawl back into it again.

Level 15, almost 16 Female Nord. Heavy Armor, 1h mace and shield. Smithing and Enchanting. The crafting is probably responsible for several of my levels.

Today, I spent a lot of time on non-questy stuff. Still had a blast.

Crafted my own set of armor:
Spoiler

Ran into my second dragon while out gathering mats for the other half of my armor
Spoiler

Gathered money to purchase a house and fully upgrade it.
Spoiler

And finally got a horse. Heavy Armor makes you move rather slowly, so this was welcome
Spoiler

What an epic game so far.

#246 KrizB   Flrying into FWEE! CAGiversary!   774 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:17 AM

Question, anyone figure out how to remove arrows from your body?

Finally found one way to get rid of them.

After they stripped me of weapons during the bar brawl in Riverwood (Companions 1st quest, beat up Sven the Bard), the arrows were gone.

Hopefully there's still ways to beat up people in bars, 100-200 hours into the game.

#247 matto1233   frooooom chicagooo! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

matto1233

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Where do you go to buy a house? I can't seem to figure it out yet, and the only place I've been to is Whiterun, but I remember Jarl mentioning it after I beat the first mission for him...

#248 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24430 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:10 PM

What's the easiest way to upgrade my smithing (I want to make some dragon armor).

Just make daggers over and over?

#249 matto1233   frooooom chicagooo! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

matto1233

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:58 PM

Nevermind, I figured it out.

#250 IRHari   COME ON! CAGiversary!   3815 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

So this will probably get a GOTY version with all the DLC, right?

#251 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

So this will probably get a GOTY version with all the DLC, right?

You can bet on it. But it won't be for a long time, of course. This game is everything OB should've been.

#252 matto1233   frooooom chicagooo! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

matto1233

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Has anyone found an enchantment yet? I encountered my first altar today, but couldnt enchant anything because i needed to find an enchantment...

#253 karsh   Allons-y! CAGiversary!   6433 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

Has anyone found an enchantment yet? I encountered my first altar today, but couldnt enchant anything because i needed to find an enchantment...

Take a magic item you have that you don't mind destroying to the alter and disenchant it. You'll get a permanent enchantment you can put on other items.

#254 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:58 PM

It's kind of annoying how you'll get deep into a random dungeon and be out of your element. Whereas I could take out a random dragon without that much difficulty. I guess I am just used to the dragon's from the old baldur's gate series being total nightmares.

#255 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

What's the best way to make a lot of money early on (5 hrs in). I want to buy a house.

#256 matto1233   frooooom chicagooo! CAGiversary!   485 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

matto1233

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

It's kind of annoying how you'll get deep into a random dungeon and be out of your element. Whereas I could take out a random dragon without that much difficulty. I guess I am just used to the dragon's from the old baldur's gate series being total nightmares.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but what I REALLY hate is when you're deep into a dungeon, then find out you will probably get raped unless you leave and come back at a higher level. It's happened numerous times to me.

Take a magic item you have that you don't mind destroying to the alter and disenchant it. You'll get a permanent enchantment you can put on other items.

Thanks!

What's the best way to make a lot of money early on (5 hrs in). I want to buy a house.

Pocket every single ingredient you can and make potions at the Whiterun alchemist, then turn around and sell the potions to the alchemist.

#257 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

Can you join an guild without consequences, like being locked out of another guild or quests or anything?

Also is my stuff safe in my room at the college in wintethold?

Edited by gbpackers94, 13 November 2011 - 08:49 PM.

#258 thenexus6   more human than human CAGiversary!   2223 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

thenexus6

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Anyway of checking how many hours you've put into the game? I looked briefly on the stats page but couldn't see anything.

#259 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:01 PM

Anyway of checking how many hours you've put into the game? I looked briefly on the stats page but couldn't see anything.

When you go to save it tells you.

#260 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Spoiler

First companion is actually in Riverwood. There's a small miscellaneous quest there that gets you one of two people, depending on your choice.

I found that if your follower is far behind you when you go into a new zone, they will stay in the older zone. I'm not sure if they will eventually make it through though. I've found that fast traveling will usually put them right next to you.

Just make daggers over and over?

Yes. Buy all the iron ignots and leather straps from the blacksmith, then use their furnace to make the daggers and sell them right back. You'll lose out on money, but about twenty daggers will get you around 8-10 skill levels.

Can you join an guild without consequences, like being locked out of another guild or quests or anything?

I think the Stormcloaks and Imperials are the only ones that lock you out from the other.

#261 Pck21   Beware the Ides of March CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2011 - 11:40 PM

Nevermind!

#262 Tha Xecutioner   Ghostrider In the Sky CAGiversary!   3624 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Tha Xecutioner

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

I just finished the main storyline for the Dark Brotherhood before (sadly) having to take a break to finish up some things for school. Sooo good!

8-)

#263 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Game definitely has its claws in me. Playing the PC version, but this seems to be the only active ESV thread, so I guess I'll hang out here. I am playing with a 360 controller, though, as the menu is not mouse and keyboard friendly at all.

15 hours played so far, and I'm ready to crawl back into it again.

Level 15, almost 16 Female Nord. Heavy Armor, 1h mace and shield. Smithing and Enchanting. The crafting is probably responsible for several of my levels.

Today, I spent a lot of time on non-questy stuff. Still had a blast.

Crafted my own set of armor:

Spoiler

Ran into my second dragon while out gathering mats for the other half of my armor
Spoiler

Gathered money to purchase a house and fully upgrade it.
Spoiler

And finally got a horse. Heavy Armor makes you move rather slowly, so this was welcome
Spoiler

What an epic game so far.

Dwarven Armor looks sick! How much did that weigh?

#264 Pck21   Beware the Ides of March CAGiversary!   2463 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:42 AM

I fucking love this game.

#265 gbpackers94   Julius, Ph.D. CAGiversary!   3032 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

gbpackers94

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:51 AM

I fucking love this game.

Same. Possibly my favorite game of all time and I'm only ~10 hrs in. It's definitely up there with Fallout 3 and Mass Effect 2.

#266 Halo05   DJ Roomba CAGiversary!   7924 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:12 AM

*sigh* I think I broke a quest.

Spoiler

#267 BigPoppa99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BigPoppa99

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

Yes. Buy all the iron ignots and leather straps from the blacksmith, then use their furnace to make the daggers and sell them right back. You'll lose out on money, but about twenty daggers will get you around 8-10 skill levels.

Sell them back one at a time and it will build up your speech skill

#268 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6965 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:49 AM

Apparently the main quest where you sneak into a certain party has a glitch on it. Basically you have to give a guy all the items you want him to bring you. When I got into the party and the guy gave me my equipment back I didn't notice that my best Dragon Priest mask & Unique Armor were gone. I had already gone through the 3 auto-saves so it was too late ><.

I thought that maybe they got left behind when I got sent to the party area, but after I finished the quest and went back to town, the Mask/Armor were still missing. :wall:

#269 keithp   Older than you CAGiversary!   5602 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:10 AM

Oh man, I think my character has
Spoiler

This may be my favorite game on 360! I'm finding it much more addicting and involving than the Fallouts....and I'm a huge Fallout fan...

#270 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:13 AM

Oh man, I think my character has

Spoiler

You should have three days before it sticks. Visiting any of the temples, shrines, or a general cure diseases potion/spell should do the trick.