Store threads don't make any sense

campbelld

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
Hey, everyone. I've been around for a good while here at CAG and the site has saved me a lot of money. That said, I have a complaint.

Occasionally, I see a cool deal posted in the deal forums that shouldn't be based on current forums rules. I click through to the thread only to read replies scolding the OP because the deal should have been in a store thread. I appreciate the post because the deal would have been invisible to me otherwise.

Are there people who come to CAG looking for deals at a particular store? I don't really care who has the deal. I'm much more interested in the game and the price. That's what I would like to see as the thread title every single time. It's incredibly rare that I would be specifically looking for a deal at Kmart. If I'm not, why would I go into the Kmart thread? I realize the answer is that Kmart deals are only allowed inside the Kmart thread, but that system seems nonsensical especially since it is applied inconsistently.

If we are going to do store threads, lets do it for every deal. Let the deals forums just be a list of stores. I, for one, think that would be ridiculous, but the forums need consistency. I would prefer the deals forums be filled with games and prices instead.

I agree with you 100%. It's a pain in the butt to go to each individual store thread to scour for weeks old deals that have already been snapped.

The only argument for keeping the deals hidden is that the people from slick deals can't find them. Problem is that they aren't any smarter or dumber than the average CAG.

[quote name='depascal22']I agree with you 100%. It's a pain in the butt to go to each individual store thread to scour for weeks old deals that have already been snapped.

The only argument for keeping the deals hidden is that the people from slick deals can't find them. Problem is that they aren't any smarter or dumber than the average CAG.[/QUOTE]

2010-01-12-jon_picking_his_nose1.jpg

bread's done
Back