Uncharted 2 DLC for MP 50% off - "Limited Time Offer" - From 12/11 to 1/1

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
While checking out UC3 stuff I noticed a tab on the right which states that Uncharted 2 DLC is 50% for a limited time. Clicked on it and found lower prices than I remember:

Siege Pack 2.99
UC1 Pack 2.99
Heroes Pack 2.49
Sidekicks Pack 1.49
Eye of Indra Bundle 2.49

I think that's the normal price on Eye of Indra. But $10 for the main packs seems cheaper than before and not too bad. I'm on the fence. If I get the DLC is there alot of people playing siege and the new maps or is everyone just playing the core maps? Haven't seen an end date on this so I guess we gotta decide quick.

Thanks to Derextreme for finding and posting this blog quote:

they made a blog post about it. the blog said for 3 weeks, and it was posted sunday i believe.

edit: link - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...U3onPSN_121210

The good part from the blog:

We haven’t forgotten about UNCHARTED 2 yet either – we’ve put together a special sale of ALL UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer DLC bundles which will run for 3 weeks only! Call it a little holiday treat for our multiplayer community.
  • PlayStation Heroes Pack? Boom. 50% off!
  • UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune MP Pack (skins AND maps)? Boom. 50% off!
  • Siege Expansion Pack? Boom. 50% off!
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack? Boom. Headshot! I mean, 50% off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this directly on the PSN store itself, or another place to access it? At work so I'm unable to check right this second.

I bought the GOTY off the Lightning deals just to use the DLC and then traded it back in to Amazon so Ill be interested in picking up whatever packs werent included in the GOTY DLC.

The Seige mode is the pack with new Trophies and yes they are directly on the PSN Store. I sat there yesterday debating on biting on the deal. I really wish I knew the end date. I normally do not play the MP often, but when I do I really enjoy it. Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm on the fence. If I get the DLC is there alot of people playing siege and the new maps or is everyone just playing the core maps? Haven't seen an end date on this so I guess we gotta decide quick.[/QUOTE]

People still play both modes and map packs...but I hate the way they implemented the DLC. You either have a choice of nothing but DLC, or just the standard maps...no mixing.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I bought the GOTY off the Lightning deals just to use the DLC and then traded it back in to Amazon so Ill be interested in picking up whatever packs werent included in the GOTY DLC.[/QUOTE]

It's just the "sidekicks" DLC...which I ended up buying as an appreciation to Naughty Dog. Also, the dynamic theme wasn't included in the GOTY oken.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I bought the GOTY off the Lightning deals just to use the DLC and then traded it back in to Amazon so Ill be interested in picking up whatever packs werent included in the GOTY DLC.[/QUOTE]
The Sidekicks DLC and dynamic theme are currently the only contents not included in the GOTY.

[quote name='FFBlitzace']Which, if any, of these contain extra trophies? I won't lie, that would be my motivation.[/QUOTE]

Seige Pack contains 11 trophies (1 silver)
Drake's Fortunes Pack contains 12 trophies (1 silver)

Is anyone still playing this...?

The last day I was online for the year anniversary (4x xp) and still had some trouble finding games... (Granted, its sort of always been that way.)

I wanted to play during 8x XP last week but my PS3 kept giving me a "DNS error" message so I played BFBC2 on 360 to prepare for the Vietnam Pack. I think I will bite on this after Christmas specifically for the trophies.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Is anyone still playing this...?

The last day I was online for the year anniversary (4x xp) and still had some trouble finding games... (Granted, its sort of always been that way.)[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you have had issues finding a match. There are still currently 44K people on daily which should allow for finding matches relatively easily. I was on recently and had no issues finding a match and really never have. Still a popular game and I'm sure it will stay that way with all the UC3 hype. I mean it is no Halo or COD but it has a decent population that allows for finding games pretty easy. I might have to bite on that sidekicks pack for $1.49. I have unused credit that I need to spend somewhere on PSN.

I'm kind of annoyed that they took down the maps-only Drake's Fortune pack (originally $4) and are only offering the 50% off on the bundle with the skins. I would have bought that for $2 just for the trophies. I've had trouble finding games one the Siege pack maps, so the DF maps are practically worthless to me.

[quote name='3rdbass']Not sure why you have had issues finding a match. There are still currently 44K people on daily which should allow for finding matches relatively easily. I was on recently and had no issues finding a match and really never have. Still a popular game and I'm sure it will stay that way with all the UC3 hype. I mean it is no Halo or COD but it has a decent population that allows for finding games pretty easy. I might have to bite on that sidekicks pack for $1.49. I have unused credit that I need to spend somewhere on PSN.[/QUOTE]

It is almost impossible to find games with the DLC enabled. Last time I played and had the DLC enabled, I let the system sit for over a half an hour searching and couldn't find a single match. Finally decided to turn the DLC off and I found a match seconds later. The skins are worth it on sale, but people shouldn't expect to find games when using the DLC.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It is almost impossible to find games with the DLC enabled. Last time I played and had the DLC enabled, I let the system sit for over a half an hour searching and couldn't find a single match. Finally decided to turn the DLC off and I found a match seconds later. The skins are worth it on sale, but people shouldn't expect to find games when using the DLC.[/QUOTE]

That would be why. Me and my friends have the first pack (I’m sure most have the second pack too) of DLC for sure. And I'm sure its enabled for us all.

That brings up a question, if I download the DLC for trophies do I get credit towards certain trophies even when not playing the DLC maps? For example, if the trophy is for 100 kills do my kills in the non-DLC maps count?

[quote name='hoofrog']That brings up a question, if I download the DLC for trophies do I get credit towards certain trophies even when not playing the DLC maps? For example, if the trophy is for 100 kills do my kills in the non-DLC maps count?[/QUOTE]

Yes

After some debate, I'm gonna go ahead and jump in on this. I've been waiting on a sale on it all this time and it's not gonna get better than this. It is the only PS3 game I play online anyway and hopefully this will boost the numbers of those playing on the new maps. If anyone wants to play some matches send a fr to JDawgg77.

bread's done
Back