(UPDATED) MW 1&2 pack 34.99, Split Second 360 16.99 & other Video Game deals @ Amazon

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
MW 1&2 saga pack has dropped to 34.99$ it seems like a great deal because the individual price is 60$, Dead space is now for 9.99$ at amazon, i know that it has been around that price in some clearances but the lowest i've found for PS3 at amazon in a long time... great price for those who hasn't played the first one and plan to buy the second:D

MW2 1&2 saga (PS3)
Dead space (PS3) oh! and it have free shipping standard no minimum :applause: GH/PL

There are also some other great games around the 15$ range that worth mentioning.

Bayonetta (PS3-360) 15.99 free shipping no minimum
Darksiders (PS3-360) 14.99 free shipping no minimum
Dante's Inferno (PS3-360) 15.99
Demon's Souls 14.99 free shipping no minimum GH
NFS Shift (PS3) 15.99
GTA IV (PS3-360) 13.99 free shipping no minimum GH/PL
Mass Effect 2 10.96 free shipping no minimum

Here are some around the 20$ range.

SSF IV (PS3-360) 19.99
3d Dot Game Heroes 18.99 free shipping no minimum (was 15):roll:
MAG 19.96 GH
GOW Collection 19.96 GH
LBP Goty 19.96 GH
Resistance 2 19.96 GH
Resonance of Faith (PS3-360) 19.52
Borderlands (PS3-360) 19.99 GH/PL
Bioshock 2 (360) 17.97
Split Second (360) 16.99
Metroid OM 19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price to help get people ready for Dead Space 2. I'm playing through Impossible right now. Oh man, scary stuff :cool:

Isn't Dead Space already Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits? The Amazon image placeholder is misleading for people who care about that kind of stuff like me. But either way, I have a feeling that eventually there will be a deal similar to what they did with Bioshock where they'll offer this game free when you purchase the sequel.

Thanks, OP, Dead Space is mine! I hope it's not a GH game, but I can always buy a cheap copy of Rock Revolution and swap cases.

[quote name='Raye']Isn't Dead Space already Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits? The Amazon image placeholder is misleading for people who care about that kind of stuff like me. But either way, I have a feeling that eventually there will be a deal similar to what they did with Bioshock where they'll offer this game free when you purchase the sequel.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Dead space hit greatest hits status on ps3 so that's why, just like how Bioshock isn't a greatest hit but is a platinum hit.

Also what are the chances they'll lower the 360 version of Dead space's price? I got a coupon a few days ago for 20% off my next purchase at the Ea store so I could just use that on dead space.....

[quote name='Cysquatch']I don't think Dead space hit greatest hits status on ps3 so that's why, just like how Bioshock isn't a greatest hit but is a platinum hit.

Also what are the chances they'll lower the 360 version of Dead space's price? I got a coupon a few days ago for 20% off my next purchase at the Ea store so I could just use that on dead space.....[/QUOTE]

Actually BioShock is a greatest hit. I think it's pretty recent, but I've definitely seen it in those ugly red cases.

They most probably are, but I'm curious to see if Dead Space and Bioshock sold on Amazon are the greatest hits versions.

Good prices on some of these games and :rofl::roll: at all of the 'omg this GH/PH game is gonna mess with the feng shui of my immaculate game collection, never shall a GH/PH game soil my game shelves' stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good prices on some of these games and :rofl::roll: at all of the 'omg this GH/PH game is gonna mess with the feng shui of my immaculate game collection, never shall a GH/PH game soil my game shelves' stuff.[/QUOTE]
No kidding, just play the freaking game.

[quote name='gindias']No kidding, just play the freaking game.[/QUOTE]
Lots of CAGs are collectors, and lots of collectors have OCD behaviors. I'm one of them.

Red cases aren't as nice as clear, but does it matter that much?

People act like they look at the case while they play instead of the game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Good prices on some of these games and :rofl::roll: at all of the 'omg this GH/PH game is gonna mess with the feng shui of my immaculate game collection, never shall a GH/PH game soil my game shelves' stuff.[/QUOTE]

I know right? I highly doubt that the black label games of this generation will have any value as "collectibles" down the line. The same goes for the run-of-the-mill "collector's editions" that seem to be the standard for every new videogame release now-days (but, I'll leave that for another discussion).

Black label, greatest hits, whatever. If I see something on sale that I like, for a price that's well below MSRP, I'll buy it.

Btw, kudos on a great thread, OP! :applause:

[quote name='SirMikael']Lots of CAGs are collectors, and lots of collectors have OCD behaviors. I'm one of them.[/QUOTE]
What you say is true... but you know what i dislike more than red cases? the PS3 logo change on the side of the box, that is something that ruins the uniformity of my collection:bomb:

I considered the MW pack until I noticed that the MW1 game included is the GH version. Barf.
I'm still considering nabbing the Hardened edition of MW2 anyway (if they'd ever drop the price of the PS3 version! ARGH!), so no big deal.

Wow. Us soldiers in afganistan have to burn their feces as a way of life and you weirdos freak out over something as trivial as cases. When you die you can't take it with you and all that will remain is a house full of crap.

[quote name='ludwigfrech']What you say is true... but you know what i dislike more than red cases? the PS3 logo change on the side of the box, that is something that ruins the uniformity of my collection:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Agreed....such a stupid thing to change.

[quote name='gorebago']Wow. Us soldiers in afganistan have to burn their feces as a way of life and you weirdos freak out over something as trivial as cases. When you die you can't take it with you and all that will remain is a house full of crap.[/QUOTE]
No one forced you to enlist, so you only have yourself to blame for being so bitter.

If it's a game I want to keep, I don't want a GH case. It's my money and I can do whatever the fuck I want with it.

Anyway, all new Dead Space(s) are the GH version.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']No one forced you to enlist, so you only have yourself to blame for being so bitter.[/QUOTE]

That's harsh and to be perfectly frank, it really is uncalled for.

[quote name='gorebago']Wow. Us soldiers in afganistan have to burn their feces as a way of life and you weirdos freak out over something as trivial as cases. When you die you can't take it with you and all that will remain is a house full of crap.[/QUOTE]

This is a silly comparison to make. I see your viewpoint but as a collector, uniformity is key. On a broader scope, game cases are of little consequence when the facts of life are brought into the equation. No one would deny that. This, however, is simply a matter of preference. No need for a war of words over something so "trivial", agreed?

In for a copy of Dead Space... really regret passing it up when EA had it for $9.99 a few months back. Don't really care at the GH case thing at this point... I have 3 in my collection due to this past Black Friday. Besides, there's a chance that Amazon may still have old stock of the game -- I ordered Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 6 months after the release of UC2 (and UC's greatest hit release) and I received an original copy of the game.

hmmmm..if I were an OCD collector, and I knew purchasing a game 6 months after release might cause my collection to be tainted by an ugly red case, I would just buy the game earlier.

or I would buy cheap, crappy games (such as 2+ year old sports games) for $1 and swap the cases.

[quote name='g-man']hmmmm..if I were an OCD collector, and I knew purchasing a game 6 months after release might cause my collection to be tainted by an ugly red case, I would just buy the game earlier.

or I would buy cheap, crappy games (such as 2+ year old sports games) for $1 and swap the cases.[/QUOTE]

The cover art would still be GH, thus uniformity would still be destroyed. I'm a little crazy about this stuff, but I just can't stand the red cases. For those hoping for an original case, Wal-Mart is pretty much guaranteed to have them if you can find a store that still has any in stock.

[quote name='morpheus47']The MW pack is REALLY tempting. My only concern would be replay value as I'm not too into MP. How are the campaigns?[/QUOTE]
COD4's campaign is fucking AWESOME!!! MW2's campaign is really good but its pretty short. MW2 also has Spec Ops Which you can play alone (or split screen) and will a few more hours of play.

really wish the MW saga was on 360 also. I'm not sure why Amazon doesn't stock it. My local Gamestop has it for $50 or $60. I'm looking to pick up MW2, and wouldn't mind getting MW1 as well, loved that game so much.

This is the silliest thread I've seen in awhile lol if someone were truly OCD, they would purchase the game immediately because they would have a list of irrational fears about losing the game: it'll go out of print, I'll only be able to find a gutted copy, what if it's travelled, etc.

So ,no one here really has a collective OCD situation, they're making a choice to keep a collection to a certain standard, it's also a choice you can unmake.

[quote name='jayntampa']This is the silliest thread I've seen in awhile lol if someone were truly OCD, they would purchase the game immediately because they would have a list of irrational fears about losing the game: it'll go out of print, I'll only be able to find a gutted copy, what if it's travelled, etc.

So ,no one here really has a collective OCD situation, they're making a choice to keep a collection to a certain standard, it's also a choice you can unmake.[/QUOTE]

I had a roommate who was actually OCD. Among other things everything in his room had to be exactly parallel or perpendicular (he couldn't deal with curved objects, for example), and if you touched him even by accident he might instinctively freak out and punch you pretty hard. It's a crippling disorder if you actually have it.

Which is to say, I agree with you. Very few people here are actually OCD (1 in 50 in the country, so maybe a bit more than that here). Saying "I'm OCD" has become like a cute, accepted way of saying "I have _____ issue and I don't feel like doing anything about it so just accept it." On forums like this one people seem to get a pass when they say "I'm an OCD collector" simply because there are enough of them that it doesn't get stigmatized as much. If someone truly has OCD they should try to get help because it can be a serious thing (the D in OCD doesn't stand for Delightful). The idea that some people are capital-c Collectors and hence any standard they choose is clearly correct and justified is absurd. I have probably 800+ games just from buying and playing over 20 years, including all kinds of greatest hits, platinum hits, player's choice, etc. (some without cases even -- gasp!), and I am sure there are others here who have even more. I guess to some that makes us not Collectors, but ask 99.999% of the population if there is a difference between us and the guys who avoid red packaging and they'll say no.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...'omg this GH/PH game is gonna mess with the feng shui of my immaculate game collection...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Buy a game cuz it's a good game and not cuz it messes with the feng shui of your 'omg collection'.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']...they got sent the GH version and it messed with the feng shui of their game collection...[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='morpheus47']The MW pack is REALLY tempting. My only concern would be replay value as I'm not too into MP. How are the campaigns?[/QUOTE]
If you are not into MP why would replay value matter much?

[quote name='cheaphuck']If you are not into MP why would replay value matter much?[/QUOTE]
***NEWS FLASH*** Some poeple play through campaigns more than once

bread's done
Back