Humble Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans)

It really is a great bundle, with both Braid and Machinarium. For those who are going to ask, there is not a Steam code for this bundle, just the direct downloads.

Keep in mind that they added a game after the fact for the first bundle, and they just now managed to get the Steam code for the first bundle, so we may be able to get a Steam code later on down the road.

Just went and was going to buy this for one cent and this pooped up:
sad_developer.jpg

I laughed hard, message received, and donated more.

Any word on if this bundle will be put up on steam like the last? I will donate either way, but really hoping for steam copies.

I will go for this, when I get home. Please pay at least $10.00, they really worked hard on these games.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Any word on if this bundle will be put up on steam like the last? I will donate either way, but really hoping for steam copies.[/QUOTE]

according to their twitter stream, they have contacted valve and are optimistic

Never gotten around to Braid or Machinarium. Sold. :D

[quote name='limelight022']I really do hope this time people wont pirate the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. There's no justification for that, especially when the site DOES let you pay a fucking penny. That said...

[quote name='Wargamer']Just went and was going to buy this for one cent and this pooped up:
sad_developer.jpg

I laughed hard, message received, and donated more.[/QUOTE]

"sad_developer.jpg" is right. Want the games? Throw a few bucks in. Remember, the money goes to charity.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Any word on if this bundle will be put up on steam like the last? I will donate either way, but really hoping for steam copies.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't surprise me, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it took a while again.

Demo for Revenge of the Titans:

http://www.puppygames.net/revenge-of-the-titans/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/05/24/revenge-of-the-titans-its-a-demo/

Construct and command your ground defences in a series of increasingly massive battles across the solar system, in our frenetic arcade mash-up of Real Time Strategy and Tower Defence!

Take a visit to R&D to discover the latest technology, then build a network of blaster turrets, rocket launchers and laser cannon, explosives, barricades and shield generators, refineries and reactors, and send forth your own droid army to battle the invading alien forces!

Cortex Command Demo:
http://www.datarealms.com/

Cortex Command is a 2D base-building game in the vein of Worms, only with robots piloted by disembodied brains and giant bunked filled with electronic death. (Also the astoundingly detailed pixel-art and physics makes Worms look a bit like it was made during a sneezing accident.) It does require a bit of patience, however, so take your time and experiment. This one is highly recommended.

[quote name='strikeratt']Every time I hit the paypal key to checkout it just refreshes the page heh.[/QUOTE]

If that counter is accurate, they've already sold ~3,000 copies in...what, a few hours? Probably getting hammered right now.

How do I buy the game??? I put in the amount im willing to pay, put my email, click pay now Amazon .... and nothing happens... no email either no putting in credit card info ... nothing I even clicked google check out and same thing it just refreshes the humble webpage

Wish they hadn't included Osmos and Machinarium in the current bundle, as I own both of them. At least they're only putting Machinarium in both Humble Bundles, so there's only one case of cross-bundling.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']If that counter is accurate, they've already sold ~3,000 copies in...what, a few hours? Probably getting hammered right now.[/QUOTE]
A few minutes, more like. It went live at 5pm GMT (9am PST). That's a going rate of about 67 sales a minute.

Jumped on this...I paid $3.00. I would have liked to give more, but thats all I had in my paypal account and money has been very tight this year. I know its going to a good cause though. Hope more CAGs show support.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wish they hadn't included Osmos and Machinarium in the current bundle, as I own both of them. At least they're only putting Machinarium in both Humble Bundles, so there's only one case of cross-bundling.[/QUOTE]

Machinarium wasn't in the first bundle.

sweet. Good deal. I dropped $5. Would've dropped more if I hadn't already spent an arm and a leg on other crap this holiday season.

[quote name='Dohboy563']True CAG right here... haha[/QUOTE]

Yes, but being a Cheap Ass to charity ends up nulifting the Cheap and leaves you only with being an Ass, :cool:.

Yeah, I'm guilty of almost being an Ass myself, hehe.

I am truly excited about this, and I feel good about my contribution. I do hope others follow suit and donate generously.

This is a fantastic deal; Between the developer/charity donation and pack of games (Which are available for the OS of your choice and do not include DRM.), there's nothing to lose.

[quote name='hoofrog']Machinarium wasn't in the first bundle.[/QUOTE]Sorry, I had thought it was since I had picked it up the same time the first bundle was out.

Thanks OP, I've been interested in Braid for quite a while and setting my own price was great :).

Have they made a timetable on how often they plan on releasing these bundles?

[quote name='Max_Payne22']1 cent is a great deal for these games![/QUOTE]
Not to be rude or overzealous, but I hope you're joking. The last time there was a Humble Indie Bundle, CAG's were bragging about how little they contributed. (In addition, I believe anything under 50 cents results in nothing but fees for the PayPal user.)

Wargamer said it best.

I continually laugh at everyone who says "you have to donate at least $X to this!!!" It isn't called "pay what you want" because you have to pay at least $X. Its not like you have a legal or moral obligation to pay them at least $X. If someone wants to pay 1 cent, then they paid what they wanted, which is exactly what the sale is intended to do.

That said, I will probably throw a few dollars to this, would like to try machinarium.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's not trolling... everyone else seems to like posting how much they contributed... is there a minimum contribution to post now as well?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Not to be rude or overzealous, but I hope you're joking. The last time there was a Humble Indie Bundle, CAG's were bragging about how little they contributed. (In addition, I believe anything under 50 cents results in nothing but fees for the PayPal user.)[/QUOTE]

So congrats on being an asshole, I guess?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It's not trolling... everyone else seems to like posting how much they contributed... is there a minimum contribution to post now as well?[/QUOTE]

You can do whatever you want. You're just a douche for paying for something that's intended to help charity. If more than anything, they paid money for the servers and the fees associated with paypal. If you're only going to spend one cent, don't even bother.

[quote name='Sporadic']So congrats on being an asshole, I guess?[/QUOTE]
Congrats to you for being a condescending douchebag.

[rant about how sleazy it is to brag about short changing a worthy cause and/or charity.]

[general smack talk regarding a lack of morals]

[realization that there's no hope for humanity]

[statement of disappointment]

People are free to pay what they want for this. That is the point. And if they publicly and willingly admit to paying a penny, other people are free to call them out on it. That is also the point, especially since if we want to see more "pay what you will" options in the future (and I for one do), we need publishers to see that they are financially viable.

Also, no single person on this site is going to win a cheapness war. There are people here who routinely go to great lengths to save a few pennies or to make a dollar in profit. So the whole "in for a penny" thing is expected and not that interesting. If anything, this bundle is a good chance to donate reasonably to a relatively good video game cause and brag about being un-cheap, this being an indie endeavor, and it being the holiday season.

bread's done
Back