Glyde Integration on CAG

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19781[/IMG-R]Glyde is now integrated with CAG allowing you to sell and buy video games on the Glyde marketplace without ever leaving our site. The entire transaction takes place within a small window on CAG, and can be completed very quickly.

Listing your games for sale is fast and easy, as Glyde will recommend a sale price and send you pre-stamped packaging.

You’ll see Glyde prices and buy/sell buttons on Your Collection, Marketplace, and all video game product pages with additional integration coming soon. You can learn more about Glyde here.

Last edited by a moderator:
did glyde contact cag for this partnership?

Glyde has been great so far. sold over a dozen games. not sure how other items work out

I haven't used it in quite some time or checked out the thread about it lately, but I remember Glyde being something people either loved or hated. Me, I thought it was a great place to list cheap junk (for free), forget about it, and get a pleasant surprise when they e-mailed me that someone bought it.

How is Glyde different than the current marketplace?

(i.e.: I was never able to use the current one, is Glyde any better?)

Glyde is pretty awesome. I've been using it for the past couple months and have bought and sold 11 games combined so far. I've only had an issue once, but it was minor. When I first discovered Glyde, I decided to buy a cheap game and to sell a cheap game to test the service. I bought DoA Ultimate (Xbox) and sold RE5. I ended up having to wait a month for DOAU to arrive.. For some reason, the game ended up getting sent back to their warehouse (or something).

They sent me an email apologizing and that they reshipped the game to me. I received it a couple days after that email. I didn't really get screwed, but it's pretty discouraging for that to happen to a new user. I've never had a problem since then. I just wish that they would reduce the fee on games, or adjust it biased on the market-price value. There's no point in selling the cheaper (

I almost forgot about Glyde. I remember running into them at their booth back in April of this year's Wonder-Con in San Francisco. Seemed like a nice idea for a website and I liked their business card, which said on the back: "make more per gamestopbeing ripped off" with the words after "game" being in red. Nice stab at Gamestop, Glyde.

However, I'm discovering issues with their pricing structure(s);

I looked for an example game to buy (fill in game name here) and saw that it was (for example) $10.00 + S&H to buy new. When I tried to search for the pricing structure in the "sell" section of Glyde's site, the "market price" which also stated that "mine would sell first", was only $3.00, in which Glyde would still deduct their 12% commission ($0.36) and the envelope fee ($1.25), leaving me with the "proceeds" of $1.39.

Upon increasing the price for the game, the site would only allow me to raise the price by $1.00 (a total of $4.00) stating that I had "hit the maximum price for the item".

If Glyde is charging a buyer $10.00 + S&H, why does a seller only get a maximum of only $4.00 with no chance to increase the price? Glyde is already taking it's 12% commission and their "mailer" fee, so where does the extra money that Glyde is charging the buyer go to? That money is definitely not seen by the seller, that's for sure.

With places like Ebay for example, they tell you up front that if your item sells, they will take a portion of the proceeds, on top of any listing fees for using their website.

As much as I want to believe in Glyde's business structure, I just cannot do so, as the math just doesn't seem to add up. If anyone can enlighten me as to how Glyde's pricing structure (for buyers and especially sellers) works, I would appreciate it.

I think you're making a mistake, or there is an error in Glyde's system for whatever particular game you are looking at. What Glyde charges for a game is the price you set the game at. So, if you set the price at $30, that's what Glyde charges, assuming your game is the first to sell. Perhaps, you're trying to list a game at a lesser condition than the one that is listed for $10, which could be why they won't let you charge more than $4.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think you're making a mistake, or there is an error in Glyde's system for whatever particular game you are looking at. What Glyde charges for a game is the price you set the game at. So, if you set the price at $30, that's what Glyde charges, assuming your game is the first to sell. Perhaps, you're trying to list a game at a lesser condition than the one that is listed for $10, which could be why they won't let you charge more than $4.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe I made any errors in my calculations, as I tried this with several games. Strangely, anywhere from $3.00-$5.00 went missing from the "buyer's price" and the "seller's price" on each game I tried.

Perhaps it was just a fluke, but I made sure the prices were the same for "new" titles for both buyers and sellers.

Don't believe me? Check the following links and see for yourself.

Game: "Aly and Aj Adventure" (NDS)

To Buy - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7945959/Aly-AJ-Adventure

To Sell - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/sell#!new_title/vertical=games&search_key=1837

Game: "Halo Reach" Standard Edition (X360)

To Buy - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7974160/Halo-Reach

To Sell - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/sell#!submit_glu/glu_id=7974160

Madden NFL 2002 (PS2)

To Buy - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7952521/Madden-NFL-2002

To Sell - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/sell#!submit_glu/glu_id=7952522

Batman Arkham Asylum : Standard Edition (X360)

To Buy - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/#!viasearch/products/7973295/Batman-Arkham-Asylum

To Sell - "NEW"

http://glyde.com/sell#!submit_glu/glu_id=7973295

(Additionally, you can't even sell or buy the "Game Of The Year" versions of Batman Arkham Asylum" on Glyde)

I just tried those games because each title fell into a specific category;

1) Common, somewhat of a new release, easy to find and popular (Halo Reach)

2) Common, old release (over 1 year old), easy to find and popular (Batman Arkham Asylum)

3) Uncommon, old release (over 1-2 years old), discontinued/discounted almost everywhere and not too popular (Aly & AJ Adventure)

4) Common, really old release (over 7 years old), discontinued/discounted almost everywhere and not popular at all (Madden NFL 2002)

I tried to make a most educated guess on the types of games to choose, based on what titles most game players would have played or at least heard of.

If you still don't believe me, try comparing prices yourself. I have seen the proof so I am definitely questioning how Glyde's pricing structure works.

Not a fan!

I hope this doesnt automatically convert my CAG collection to Glyde in the future because my collection on CAG will disappear quickly (I will remove totally)!

[quote name='GunPanther']
However, I'm discovering issues with their pricing structure(s);
*snip*[/QUOTE]
I did a quick check of a few titles, and that issue only seems to be with new titles. I do not know why.

Glyde also prohibits price mark-up, which is silly since multiple sellers would out-bid to a market price anyway. They won't let you sell, say Call of Duty 3, for more than 6.75. I might not want to sell at that price. I should be able to list @ $10, and have the next person undercut me.

Not being able to vastly adjust prices, the price discrepancies as indicated in a recent post (COD3 is actually for sale on site for 7.75, but to sell gets 5-675), and double charging both seller and buyer shipping are all reasons my Glyde activity has waned lately. I've had 63 previous transactions, and although it has many quirks, Id recommend it still. Especially if the Glyde system gets tightened up due to greater reach and exposure, like CAG integration.

[quote name='GunPanther']If you still don't believe me, try comparing prices yourself. I have seen the proof so I am definitely questioning how Glyde's pricing structure works.[/QUOTE]

My mistake on saying you were wrong about the pricing. It was late/early, and I was not thinking straight. Plus, as I mentioned previously, I haven't used Glyde in some time, so I forgot how it worked. I will explain.

As I said earlier, the price you set is the price Glyde sells the game at. So, if Glyde tells you the market price is $4, and you set it at $4, the game sells at $4. Glyde does not sell it for $10, despite the fact that the game is currently listed at $10.

So, why the big difference in the games you mentioned? Because the last copy of the game that was listed for sale was put up before Glyde dropped their market price. So, in the example of Batman: AA, someone listed a new copy at $26.50 some time ago. Since then, Glyde has dropped it's price, but no one else has listed a new copy since then. If you list a new copy today, and then search out the game after signing out of your account (search for it in yours, and it won't show the price), you will find the price has dropped to the price you listed it at. The person who had up the $26.50 copy will receive an e-mail telling them that someone has beat their price and that they must lower it in order for their game to sell.

I've only seen Glyde mentioned in the forums but I've yet to check it out until today. I signed up and I'll try selling some things on it just to see how it goes, though as others have said, selling anything below $10 seems ridiculous considering the 12% that Glyde takes.

I know it doesn't make sense business-wise but I wish Glyde would either offer free shipping across the board or not take 12%. The money you're "saving" by not paying for shipping yourself you'll just pay back when you buy something, so you're still paying for shipping and they're taking 12% of your proceeds. This is a nice alternative to someplace like Gamestop, but I still prefer Goozex.

[quote name='dude2003']so do you send directly to the buyer or do you send to glyde and then they send to the buyer?[/QUOTE]

Glyde sends you a mailer with a pre-paid label. You drop it in the mail.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']My mistake on saying you were wrong about the pricing. It was late/early, and I was not thinking straight. Plus, as I mentioned previously, I haven't used Glyde in some time, so I forgot how it worked. I will explain.

As I said earlier, the price you set is the price Glyde sells the game at. So, if Glyde tells you the market price is $4, and you set it at $4, the game sells at $4. Glyde does not sell it for $10, despite the fact that the game is currently listed at $10.

So, why the big difference in the games you mentioned? Because the last copy of the game that was listed for sale was put up before Glyde dropped their market price. So, in the example of Batman: AA, someone listed a new copy at $26.50 some time ago. Since then, Glyde has dropped it's price, but no one else has listed a new copy since then. If you list a new copy today, and then search out the game after signing out of your account (search for it in yours, and it won't show the price), you will find the price has dropped to the price you listed it at. The person who had up the $26.50 copy will receive an e-mail telling them that someone has beat their price and that they must lower it in order for their game to sell.[/QUOTE]

Ah, now I understand. Thanks for explaining, as that actually makes sense now, considering that there aren't too many websites out there that have a buy/sell website updating system/program like Glyde does. So, you used to sell on Glyde? How would you rate the experience as a seller or a buyer?

No problem. Glad to help.

As far as my experience with Glyde went, I would have to say it was extremely positive. As I alluded to earlier, it's a great place to dump low-value junk. You don't pay for your initial listing, and there is no time limit, so you can list it and forget it, unless someone beats your price. Then, you can either drop the price, leave it and hope your price becomes the lowest again down the line, or simply de-list the item (which you can do whenever you want).

I mostly listed the kind of stuff you might get like $1 for at GameStop and ended up netting like $4 or $5 out of the deal, so I certainly couldn't complain. Rather than cashing out, I ended up using my money to buy games on Glyde, seeing as, at the time, they had some decent coupons, like $3 and $5 off.

The biggest gripe you are probably going to see people have about Glyde is the turnaround. As I mentioned before, when someone buys your game, Glyde mails you a bubble mailer with a pre-paid label. Then, you put the game in and drop it in the mail. As you can probably already imagine, this can take awhile. They are based in California, so if I sell a game to someone in California, the mailer has to come across the country to me, and then it has to go back across the country to the buyer. Obviously, as a seller, you could not possibly care less, but it can definitely suck for the buyer. But the games I bought were such good deals, including a 99 cent disc-only copy of Kung Fu Panda, I really didn't care.

Awesome! I've been loving Glyde for selling and buying. I'm not too concerned about the prices, because it is super easy to sell compared to the hassle of eBay.

Great stuff, I've been using Glyde for over 6 months now, and I've sold quite a few items...I love Glyde, it would be really cool to integrate positive sales/purchases on Glyde into CAG Feedback (not sure how it would happen, but it would be a great addition).

I've been using Glyde off and on this year, and I like it quite a bit. I love just getting an envelope, throwing it in the mail and then money appears in my account. getting money out of there is pretty easy too- just like paypal.

I did have a problem buying something that the person who listed apparently didn't have, but after a week of hearing nothing I contacted Glyde and they cancelled the transaction.

There seriously needs to be an option to turn off the Glyde crap. I don't want to see Glyde advertising all over my collection when I have no interesting it using it. Make it like the Twitter/Facebook stuff and let me opt out of it so I can have a clean collection again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki'] Make it like the Twitter/Facebook stuff and let me opt out of it so I can have a clean collection again.[/QUOTE]

absolutely

I hadn't heard of Gylde till the Icon showed up on my page, I figured I'd give it a try for some of the games I am not going to use anymore. Within 1 day I sold Mass Effect for $9.75 and am getting 7.33 after the processes. which was pretty awesome. I'm happy with the addition of Glyde so far.

I like this idea, but I have a big lot of Xbox and PS2 games/consoles. I'll try selling on eBay first and see if I can get some suckers to overpay.

You can find a new Glyde search box on the trading forum.

For those who asked, you can disable the Glyde stuff here.

I noticed a discrepancy between the Glyde values listed on CAG. In my collection, it lists Loco Roco 2 for PSP as worth $2.75, but on the game's database page it lists the Glyde value as $8.50.

Shouldn't the two listed values be linked?

STAY FAR AWAY FROM GLYDE..

i ordered SIMS 3 for the ds around APRIL 12.. said i would get it APRIL 21

i never got the item and reported it via email

I get a responce saying sorry here is a 3 buck coupon

I go into my account today to see that THE WORKER put in my account that i got the game

Talk about a #$#^(@#@ scam

I will be calling my credit card company up in the morning and disputing the charge and will be forwarding the complaint to the BBB

bread's done
Back