Best Buy Premier Silver offer. Test drive Ford Sync get 2500 pts ($50). Ends 12/19.

rhymenoceros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Searched the site to see if this was posted and couldn't find anything, so here goes.

Just noticed this on my RZ menu under "Offers and Partners" If you test drive a Ford Sync by 12/19 and give them a print out from the RZ site, you receive a code good for 2500 points worth $50. On the 19th, you enter the code you received from the dealer and it should appear on your account.

Alternatively, people on SD have a link where dealer codes and locations are posted by other people who've gotten codes, also. So, if you don't have a chance to go down and test drive, you could give the codes a try. Worst case, you don't get the points and lose nothing. And if it works, even better. Happy cag'ing!

http://gtcsregistry.com/dealercodes.htm

I couldn't find the offer in the Offers and Partners section. :cry:

EDIT: Oh wow, just looked at the title again. I guess I would have to be Silver.

I won't be silver anymore next year, so I think I'll go ahead and give this a shot this weekend. I did see it under the "Offers and Partners" menu and registered up :).

OK. I'm a retard..I'm not seeing the dealer codes on the site link? I clicked on some of the buttons but no codes?

I saw this a couple, but I wasnt sure if i wanted to go through the headache of test driving when I know there is no way I will buy. Thanks a bunch for sharing the link to that site. I didn't get anything from the holiday promotion they are doing, so this certainly makes up for it. I may still test drive one tomorrow just to get out of the house.

don't think it's worth it, they usually ask for your drivers license and other information. while you're test driving the vehicle they'll be running a credit check on you and what not. might even be hassled in a sense of trying to get your license back as these types of things have happened to my father before so i'll pass. but good deal for those who don't care lol

I don't see the offer on my Rewards page. I think they must target the offers to the member since I get an offer for points for using 1800GOTJUNK.

Are they watching me? ;)

So let me get this straight....you enter the 5-digit dealercode in a couple of days, and you get $50? The dealer doesn't give you some single-use code printed out on a card? Or am I missing something here? If so, holy crap, this is the easiest $50 ever. Can I "test drive" the thing at more than 1 location and get multiple codes? :D

Geez, I'm a silver member and I didn't get any free certificates and this offer isn't there either. Some reward for actually spending money at Best Buy...

[quote name='PapaSmerf']I don't see the offer on my Rewards page. I think they must target the offers to the member since I get an offer for points for using 1800GOTJUNK.

Are they watching me? ;)[/QUOTE]

Same, no test drive offer.

Yes, I'm SILVER.

Ah crap, I've been silver for years, and I'm silver thru 2012, yet no Ford offer. Also no free $10/20 certificate for X-Mas either. Way to reward your loyals, Best Buy.

I just recently went to my dealer with the paper I printed out from the offer page. Told the guy straight up "I really wanted to test drive but i've been real busy. Think you can help me out" and he smiled and gave me the code. Said it's too cold out there to be messing around. Gave me his card if I ever wanted a car in the future and I was on my way.

I hope he gave me the right thing I need. It's the dealer code. It's printed on the bottom of the window sticker for all the cars on the lot. That's what he loiter out to me for me to copy down. So if you want to just run in to a lot, jot down the code and run for it, you'll probably be $50 richer.

I shall have to try this...another $50 on top of the $30 total I got for calling about the Holiday $10/$20 certs (an extra $10 for the "hassle," though it was a great customer service experience) would be shweet...

I remember seeing something to the effect of "limited amount of participants". So maybe it hit the limit. I signed up, texed my old boss at the Ford lot I use to work at and he texted me the dealer code.

Now I just need to call about the "holiday bonus" crap.

[quote name='sdcranford']I remember seeing something to the effect of "limited amount of participants". So maybe it hit the limit. I signed up, texed my old boss at the Ford lot I use to work at and he texted me the dealer code.

Now I just need to call about the "holiday bonus" crap.[/QUOTE]

Guessing it is based on region, since some are reporting seeing it while others can. Don't think it is timing related.

[quote name='intoxicated662']don't think it's worth it, they usually ask for your drivers license and other information. while you're test driving the vehicle they'll be running a credit check on you and what not. might even be hassled in a sense of trying to get your license back as these types of things have happened to my father before so i'll pass. but good deal for those who don't care lol[/QUOTE]

legally they can't run your credit without authorization, so just don't authorize it :D

also, they're sales people -- of course they're going to give you a hard time!

You should be a pal and post the dealer code, I went to my local dealer and felt bad asking since I have no intention of buying a flex

[quote name='rhymenoceros']I posted a link in the original post to a bunch of dealer codes and addresses, just in case they go by region.[/QUOTE]

Thanks didnt notice :D

too bad the link is missing now, saw it a couple of days ago to, dont know if I wanna deal with RZ support on this one

[quote name='twstd4lfe']Thanks didnt notice :D

too bad the link is missing now, saw it a couple of days ago to, dont know if I wanna deal with RZ support on this one[/QUOTE]

What link is missing? It's there it's just down. I am sure it'll be back up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']What link is missing? It's there it's just down. I am sure it'll be back up.[/QUOTE]

i found the url to get to the offer page, clicking the redeem link caused an error, now the site is down and I cant even log in :applause: kudos to BB, I actually needed to print a coupon to

[quote name='twstd4lfe']i found the url to get to the offer page, clicking the redeem link caused an error, now the site is down and I cant even log in :applause: kudos to BB, I actually needed to print a coupon to[/QUOTE]

Yeah the site has been having issues for most of the day. I hope it'll get fixed soon.

[quote name='perdition(troy']got my $50 immediately credited to my account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was pretty painless overall. Even the test drive was easy. I was up front and said I was there because of the promo. He asked for my license for insurance purposes and said he'd have his boss get the code while we did the test drive. After the test drive I got the code, he gave me his business card, and a booklet about the car and I was on my way.

Looks like the rewardzone site is freaking out. Cannot login, says password wrong, and the password recovery page says it cannot load.

Edit - site just changed to "Site maintenance in progress"

I entered my code and it said click to check my points............ and my point value didnt change! :( WTF? I'll have to check back in a day before I call about this...

[quote name='HunteR7411']I entered my code and it said click to check my points............ and my point value didnt change! :( WTF? I'll have to check back in a day before I call about this...[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me... should have waited till tomorrow with all the problems going on with the site today.

Also had that happen to me. I wonder if after a couple days you could send an email explaining the situation if no points show up, and maybe they'll still honor the promo.

[quote name='intoxicated662']don't think it's worth it, they usually ask for your drivers license and other information. while you're test driving the vehicle they'll be running a credit check on you and what not. might even be hassled in a sense of trying to get your license back as these types of things have happened to my father before so i'll pass. but good deal for those who don't care lol[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear: they CANNOT run a credit check without clear authorization from you. Also, to run a credit check, they would require your social security.

[quote name='HunteR7411']I entered my code and it said click to check my points............ and my point value didnt change! :( WTF? I'll have to check back in a day before I call about this...[/QUOTE]

Bah...same here. Guess I will give it a day too before calling.

My points showed up instantly, so I would call them now so that way they know of the situation as soon as it occurred. The worst that can happen is they can note your account and in a few days you can call again and they can see that you called ASAP.

Between the site issues and the holiday season, RZ customer service is getting overloaded. I called in and was told by the automated system that the wait is longer than 20 minutes...gonna fire up the PS3 while I wait...

Just got off the phone with a rep.....she said that it would take 35-40 days for the points to show up. I told her I had a friend who did the same thing and they showed up immediately. She then said, politely, "im not saying anything about your friend, but i wouldn't trust everything he tells you!" lol, she assured me its like any other purchase....with a wait time before the points show up. There ya go!

[quote name='marvelguy68']Just got off the phone with a rep.....she said that it would take 35-40 days for the points to show up. I told her I had a friend who did the same thing and they showed up immediately. She then said, politely, "im not saying anything about your friend, but i wouldn't trust everything he tells you!" lol, she assured me its like any other purchase....with a wait time before the points show up. There ya go![/QUOTE]

I would call back to be honest.

This has got to be the dumbest promotion bb rz has ever done..... test drive a car and get 2500 pts? These dealerships must be getting pissed because out of how many people who are doing this are walking off the lot with a brand new car? It's wasting everyone's time.

The rep I spoke to told me that the site has been having issues all day and to try to enter the code again later...which probably means I will be calling again on tomorrow. Every time I try to go to he site to enter the code, I get redirected to the rz homepage.

bread's done
Back