Tron Limited Edition controllers $40.59(PS3) $41.45(Wii) $41.65(360) + $2.99 shipping

RealRuler

CAGiversary!
Sold by CDuniverse.com

MSRP is $49.99 and from what I've seen on eBay, some of them are going for almost double that.

And these are for the blue light-up controllers, not the more limited orange one.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8357202&style=games (PS3)
pdp-tron-ps3.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8357220&style=games (Wii)
Wii_TronController-650x365.jpg

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8357197&style=games (360)
Tron-Controller-Xbox-360-650x365.jpg

Only 250 of the Orange ones were made, I couldn't get one before they sold out on their website : (

I got one for my 360 since I play FPS with wired controllers, plus the backlighting can't hurt for some late night gaming. Not to mention, if it was wireless, I'm sure the batteries would get owned lol

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Seems pretty cool but 360 would be the one for me and it looks to be wired...no deal[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Both the blue and orange controllers look bad-ass, but I'd only buy one for the Wii. Wired controllers only for the 360 and PS3? Lame.

[quote name='NEP']Only 250 of the Orange ones were made, I couldn't get one before they sold out on their website : ([/QUOTE]

I got one yesterday :)

looks sick:

PL3686o.jpg

[quote name='ssjmichael']I got one yesterday :)

looks sick:

...image removed...[/QUOTE]

Definitely looks cool, no doubt about that - and congrats on getting one! But why on Earth would they make them wired?? I can't imagine there was any technological hurdle that prevented the XB controllers from being wireless.

[quote name='waxHead']Definitely looks cool, no doubt about that - and congrats on getting one! But why on Earth would they make them wired?? I can't imagine there was any technological hurdle that prevented the XB controllers from being wireless.[/QUOTE]

It's not a tech issue. Microsoft won't allow third parties to make wireless controllers for the 360.

[quote name='vessey632']It's not a tech issue. Microsoft won't allow third parties to make wireless controllers for the 360.[/QUOTE]

Now that IS a shame, especially where these controllers are concerned.

[quote name='BargainGamer']They look alright but not for that price.[/QUOTE]

^ this... I would have bought the Wii one if it was bundled with the game for, say $10 more.

Thx Op got 1.

And just came back from the movie i and i liked it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I order one for the 360. Wish I could of gotten the orange one since I like it better than the blue/black scheme. Meh, wateva :)

I will have to see the new movie before I bite. I love the old one but I'm a bit worried how the new one seems like a super hardcore action film. Also I already have 3 360 controllers (a black, white and red).

I dont care if the movie lives up to the old one or not, going to see it tonight, however regardless of what the movie looks like, these controllers are awsome. In for a wii, and 360 one.

Anyone know who makes this controller for X360? It looks sick as hell, but honestly a lot of the 3rd party controllers suck. I've used a few where the sensitivity of the analog sticks was off, which can be crippling in FPS.

^ they're sold out on PDP.com, who was making them for all consoles.

Apparently the Wii version does not have motion plus built in and the ps3 version does not have sixaxis built in. That may be a dealbreaker for a lot of folks.

For anyone who's tried these controllers, how is the quality? Are the analog sticks responsive and good for shooters?

[quote name='aj slick']Someone is smoking the good stuff- I think the seller has the blue one, it's not even the limited orange one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SOLD-OUT-EVERYW...ccessories&hash=item43a3f7e29b#ht_1234wt_1141[/QUOTE]

Smoking something is right, especially about the movie, would have thought it was great if I was 12. At 40, my old ass needs more than eye ey candy for my movies. Anyway, this controller looks cool, and would bite, but I think I will hold out for the Razer Onza (if they ever get around to putting them out here).

My Tron xbox controller came in today, its nice ^^.
Also looks like 20,000 were made because mine is labeled 13519/20000.

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered 2 for the Wii a couple days ago. I just can't go back to wired controllers now. I'm spoiled. So nice when people aren't running in front of the TV and tripping over your wire pulling it out of the system. Ahh! I used to HATE that!

probably gonna use one and keep the other for a collector's item. I think the controller looks SICK!!! can't wait to get them in the mail. I think after watching the movie, this really sold me. I had very low expectations for the movie and after watching it...i loved it! Probably gonna go check it out again this week in IMAX 3D :p

I got one of the Tron controllers at launch. Needed another controller for game testing and those were thoroughly badass, so I couldn't resist. It's a very solid controller. No noticeable defects and the extra grip on the sides is awesome. The Dpad is also 100x better than the traditional one and who can say no to those blue lights? I would buy more of these if they were cheaper.

I'm really bummed they didn't make more orange ones. I would've loved to have one of each. No way I'm going to buy one now tho. If there was really only 250, they are gonna cost like $100 each at least now...

[quote name='Darknuke']I got one of the Tron controllers at launch. Needed another controller for game testing and those were thoroughly badass, so I couldn't resist. It's a very solid controller. No noticeable defects and the extra grip on the sides is awesome. The Dpad is also 100x better than the traditional one and who can say no to those blue lights? I would buy more of these if they were cheaper.

I'm really bummed they didn't make more orange ones. I would've loved to have one of each. No way I'm going to buy one now tho. If there was really only 250, they are gonna cost like $100 each at least now...[/QUOTE]
Something i noticed on the 360 controller is that the tron compared to the wireless microsoft one the analog sticks are much less restricted/resistance i noticed it when im playing SSFIV, and i like it alot.

For some reason when I see the orange controller, I think its trying to promote onLive.

I've had my Tron controller since early November - I love it. #01316/20000. I haven't picked up my wireless controller since I got it.

I ordered one of the 360s, came yesterday and I'm thrilled with its performance. Not only does it look cool but it "feels" right, and I agree about the sticks feeling comfortable and the IGN review nails it in that regard.

As much as I don't want to spend any more $$ this season, I feel like going back, grabbing another 360 controller for the collectibility and buying one of the Wii controllers, which the IGN reviews says are the best of the trio.

Like the look of these for sure, too bad that Legacy film was kinda lame. A red one would be dope.

Don't mind wired though, they weigh a bit less than the wireless ones and I occasionally go back to my wired 360 controller for that reason (and if I forget to charge the batteries!)

They have to get cheaper but i will be keeping an eye on them.
Id nab either color blue or orange hopefully an orange for the 360 and blue to the ps3.
that would be awesome

Yea i got the 360 controller yesterday and their freaking awesome!!! Went and picked up a second one as well and the HKS racing controller for the PS3 too. My only nitpicks is their is only one color scheme excluding the limited orange color and wish the Xbox guide button was the same color as the glowing blue light instead of shit green color? Idk how limited these controllers are but if your thinking of picking one up, do it now while you still get a chance. Feelsgoodman.jpg

bread's done
Back