Sun 19-Tue 21 @ Meijer (offline only): 20% off games & PSN, Nintendo, MS point cards

MacMog

CAGiversary!
Meijer offers one to three day coupon-based promos in the summer and again (usually a couple times) in the winter. The Meijer sale e-mail that I got yesterday says that they’ll run this promo again December 19-21, Sunday to Tuesday.

Santa Bucks give you $2 off per $10 of one item’s price, in $10 increments. That means $4 off one $20 item, $6 off $30, etc. You can use them on any general merchandise, which includes any video games, but more importantly PSN, Nintendo, and Microsoft points cards. I point this out because I don’t know of a better (or any other) discount on PSN and Nintendo points cards. Paying $16 for $20 worth of download credit, or $40 for $50, makes me happy. (Meijer does charge tax on Nintendo points cards, but not on PSN and Microsoft points cards.) On top of that, they don’t restrict you to one coupon per trip, meaning download fans like me can stock up.

I always buy my cards from the electronics cashiers. Note that cashier reactions vary. Some don’t expect the coupons to work on the cards; I ask them to try anyway and they’ve worked every promo thus far. Some will make you tear out the coupons, one per card if buying multiple, but most stores have stacks of the ad near the entrance, so it only costs you a little walking. Some just take a copy of the ad and scan the coupon code for each card, ringing them up on the same receipt without any complaint. I have bought several cards per trip during each of the last four or five promos and have never had a problem.

This marks the third Santa Bucks promo this shopping season and with the big gift-giving day happening soon, I wouldn’t expect this deal again until the summer.

bread's done
Back