KingBroly

CAGiversary!
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

e1dchw.png

Release Date: February 14th, 2011
Publisher: Nintendo of America
Developer: Square Enix

Press Release
NINTENDO ANNOUNCES NORTH AMERICAN DEBUT OF DRAGON QUEST VI: REALMS OF REVELATION

Enhanced Version of Classic Role-Playing Game Launches for Nintendo DS Systems on Feb. 14

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 20, 2010 - Nintendo of America today gave video game fans across North America something sweet to look forward to on Valentine's Day, and it has nothing to do with flowers or chocolates. On Feb. 14, DRAGON QUEST® VI: Realms of RevelationTM - previously unavailable outside of Japan - will make its North American debut exclusively on the hand-held Nintendo DSTM family of systems. Combining classic role-playing adventure with new character options and enhancements, the game offers hours of imaginative DRAGON QUEST fun spanning several unique game worlds that can be enjoyed on the go.

DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation features a rich storyline that leads players through a multitude of captivating worlds as they gather allies and battle fierce monsters on a quest to defeat evil forces. With updated graphics and more than 15 character classes to choose from, new and experienced players alike can dive headlong into the timeless role-playing excitement of the DRAGON QUEST franchise anytime, anywhere. They can even enjoy special features such as switching between character classes and letting monsters, such as Slimes, join their party.

"Millions of players around the world have discovered the timeless fun of DRAGON QUEST," said Marc Franklin, Nintendo of America's director of Public Relations. "The arrival of DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation in North America will give fans unique access to a classic game in the series for the first time, offering new ways to explore and enjoy the DRAGON QUEST universe."

Originally released in 1995 for Japan's Super Famicom system (known in the U.S. as Super NESTM), DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation challenges players to explore multiple worlds as they confront the many problems caused by the evil Murdaw. Players can choose from nine starting classes and unlock others as they progress through the game.

For more information about DRAGON QUEST VI: Realms of Revelation, visit http://dragonquest6.nintendo.com.

About Nintendo: The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its WiiTM home console and Nintendo DSTM family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment SystemTM, Nintendo has sold more than 3.5 billion video games and more than 577 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSiTM and Nintendo DSi XLTM, as well as the Game BoyTM, Game Boy Advance, Super NESTM, Nintendo 64TM and Nintendo GameCubeTM systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as MarioTM, Donkey KongTM, MetroidTM, ZeldaTM and PokémonTM. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.

DRAGON QUEST and SQUARE ENIX are trademarks or registered trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.. REALMS OF REVELATION is a trademark or registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Last edited by a moderator:
:applause: Nice! Even though I still have V to play I won't make the same mistake I made with V and try to wait for it to get cheap. I'm already setting aside a giftcard for this!

Wow, the cover art is once again aggressive. Ominous tower, and a slash happy dude. Compare it to the original where it looks more friendly. When will we Americans learn?
pa.169783.1.jpg

Best gaming-related news I've heard in a long time. DQ9 might be the most I've spent with an RPG on a single play-through, so I'm pretty hyped about all things Dragon Quest at the moment.

I am a HAPPY and a SAD. Looks like they kept the ridiculous name changes used in DQ9 per the Nintendo site linked (dragonquest6.nintendo.com). "Carver?" "Milly?" "Nevan?" "Ashlynn?" :puke: Still very happy that it's coming but Jesus Christ Nintendo....

Also VERY interesting that Nintendo is doing the publishing again like with DQ9. SE must have been pleased with the results of that.

EDIT: XD @ the random slime in the bottom right corner of the box :rofl: That gonna be a DQ staple from now on? It was on the 9 box as well.

Cool. Once I pick this up I'll have every Dragon Quest game from the main series in English. :D

I currently have:
Dragon Warrior I & II on NES
Dragon Warrior III on GBC
Dragon Quest IV & V on DS
Dragon Warrior VII on PS1
Dragon Quest VIII on PS2
Dragon Quest IX on DS

[quote name='bvharris']About time. The pre-order I've had in on this on Amazon for about a year now feels less ridiculous. :D[/QUOTE]

Success at last eh?

I'm debating canceling my Tactics Ogre pre-order and DQVI and combine it into one order. (and maybe toss Ys I and II PSP in as well since that is Feb 15th)

Now if I could get a DS remake of Dragon Quest/Warrior 1-3 I'd be happy as pig in shit.

(hate to dig out the NES to play them)

I almost got rid of my copy of DQ V on Saturday because I figured they were never going to bother releasing VI. Glad I didn't get rid of it now!

[quote name='eldergamer']Maybe now DQV will drop in price or increase in avalibility on goozex. Course I need to finish DQ9 first.[/QUOTE]

Unless they reprint it, I'd imagine the opposite will happen actually as the release of VI will create more interest in V.

Wow! About the same time a year ago when it came out in JP. I predicted it would be Jan.-Feb. I'm surprised they waited so long to announce it.

It also comes out 3 days from my birthday! I know what my birthday present will be! :D

In the past 2 years, I've done a DQ marathon and played most of the new games, so I've burned myself out a little, but I haven't played this yet. Can't wait!

Also very surprised Nintendo is releasing this one too!

this is awesome, I have been waiting a long time to start at dq1 and go all the way through the series a long long time, I can now officially start.I just need VI, VII and XI to finish my collection.

And it's Valentine's Day. Of course, I'm guessing that the target audience for this game won't really have other plans on that day anyway. ;)

[quote name='eldergamer']And it's Valentine's Day. Of course, I'm guessing that the target audience for this game won't really have other plans on that day anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ticking off spouses and playing games while they fall asleep unfulfilled?

[quote name='eldergamer']And it's Valentine's Day. Of course, I'm guessing that the target audience for this game won't really have other plans on that day anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]

it would be less funny if it wasn't true.
This year Ill be single( maybe not) but last year I wasnt.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Ticking off spouses and playing games while they fall asleep unfulfilled?[/QUOTE]

It's just a matter of timing to make sure "the mood" hits either near a save point or after a death.

[quote name='eldergamer']It's just a matter of timing to make sure "the mood" hits either near a save point or after a death.[/QUOTE]

That is why the DS is awesome, just close the lid and let it go into low power mode until she's fast asleep.

[quote name='KingBroly']Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation

e1dchw.png

Release Date: February 14th, 2011

Press Release
[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to beat that smile off of the slimes face :)

ALSO this game is going to have to battle my cash cause the other game looks better and that other game is

Radiant Historia What comes out FEB 22 i think

Still need to finish V and then ive played ALL the Dragon Quest DS games even Joker and Rocket Slime.

I hope next they will annouce that DQM:Joker 2 is coming states side. Best thing besides pokemon and V.

Crap, I forgot I have Rocket Slime in my backlog too. Guess it's going to stay there a while, I'd rather start/finish V before this comes out.

[quote name='slidecage']Someone needs to beat that smile off of the slimes face :)

ALSO this game is going to have to battle my cash cause the other game looks better and that other game is

Radiant Historia What comes out FEB 22 i think[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's a pretty crowded few weeks for RPGs. Couldn't they have spaced these out? We had a drought from Sept.-Jan.

Doesn't Tactics Ogre, Radiant Historia, & Ys 1&2 come out at about the same time?

[quote name='2DMention']Yea, it's a pretty crowded few weeks for RPGs. Couldn't they have spaced these out? We had a drought from Sept.-Jan.

Doesn't Tactics Ogre, Radiant Historia, & Ys 1&2 come out at about the same time?[/QUOTE]

*looks at Amazon orders*

Tactics Ogre 15th, Ys 1&2 15th, and Radiant HIstoria 22nd.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']*looks at Amazon orders*

Tactics Ogre 15th, Ys 1&2 15th, and Radiant HIstoria 22nd.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Fortuneately, I'm only getting Radiant Historia. Tactics Ogre I'm not interested in. (Sold my PS1 copy a year ago), and Ys doesn't even have an attack button lol

[quote name='2DMention']Wow. Fortuneately, I'm only getting Radiant Historia. Tactics Ogre I'm not interested in. (Sold my PS1 copy a year ago), and Ys doesn't even have an attack button lol[/QUOTE]

..........no attack button?

[quote name='Gameboy415']Cool. Once I pick this up I'll have every Dragon Quest game from the main series in English. :D

I currently have:
Dragon Warrior I & II on NES
Dragon Warrior III on GBC
Dragon Quest IV & V on DS
Dragon Warrior VII on PS1
Dragon Quest VIII on PS2
Dragon Quest IX on DS[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about making a Dragon Warrior / Dragon Quest I-III DS cart to go nicely with the IV, V, VI and IX that I'll have already. Seems like the hardest thing to do would be making a sticker for the cart and the artwork for the case.

I think the ds drought is about to end thankfully

Jan:
Plants Vs Zombies
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Feb:
Lego Star Wars 3
Dragon Quest VI

March:
Pokemon Black/White

A DQVII remake would be insane. The game takes like fifty hours to do a speedrun of.

By the way, Dragon Quest VI is going to be published by Nintendo in North America.

[quote name='KingBroly']A DQVII remake would be insane. The game takes like fifty hours to do a speedrun of.[/QUOTE]

DS versions of DQ 4 and 5 takes way less than the original versions. More I think about it, more DQ7 makes sense to me. They already have the engine (DS DQ4-6) and original developer (ArtePiazza) of DQ7 on board.

[quote name='adriley313']Dragon Quest Monster: Joker 2 in NA?[/QUOTE]

Joker 2 is a DS game....

[quote name='laaj']DS versions of DQ 4 and 5 takes way less than the original versions. More I think about it, more DQ7 makes sense to me. They already have the engine (DS DQ4-6) and original developer (ArtePiazza) of DQ7 on board.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they would do a remake of 7 with the DQ4-6 engine, considering it looks so similar to DQ7 already, especially on 3DS.

If there is any remake at all, it will definitely be on the Wii before DQX release. Square/Enix likes to build an audience beforehand (DQIV PS1, DQV PS2, Zenithia trilogy DS, etc)

I kinda have this feeling that DQX is moving to 3DS since we haven't seen anything about it besides a title. But given that DQIX and VI are being published by NOA, my guess is X will as well. In any case, I expect that DQX will have online co-op since it was a big hit with DQIX.

I think it'll stay on the Wii. The 3DS is still a wildcard now, and DQ always go to the best selling hardware (in Japan). As much as I loved DQIX, and sunk 150 hours and counting, I'd like to see the next DQ be in vain of DQ8, but with faster battles.

Anyways, I'm getting too far off-topic. I will be purchasing DQVI DS day one. Most anticipated 2011 release atm.

bread's done
Back