Tales from the Wild: Rediculous and Inspiring Stories from You, the Game Hunter

Drclaw411

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I thought we could use a thread like this. After all, we're gamers and this is a game shopping website. This is the place to post some examples of the most "i cant believe that just happened" moments you've seen or been a part of during your game hunting in the wild. I know this will be extremley entertaining, and I know we've all got stories to contribute.

I'll give some examples and start the thread off.

When I was doing some major game shopping last weekend during the GameStop B2G1, I saw this unfold. I was in the store and this fat 30something guy walks in, holding a man purse. He plops his purse on the counter and says "Layton and the Curious, for the DS Used". The clerk asked him if he was picking it up. He proceeds to go on and on about how he used in-store look up to see what stores had it, and the first four he checked ended up having already sold it. (This is why you call ahead, especially during a B2G1 used sale).

The clerk says something like "alright, let me see if we've got it here for you". This for whatever reason set this fat man off. He started screaming and bellowing things like "fuck that! you better have it, the fuck!" and yelling about how after the website said all these stores had it, if he comes up empty he's going to boycott the store forever. The clerk mostly ignored him.

After checking the computer, all the while this large man turned sweaty and red because of how pissed off he was for no apparent reason, the clerk tells himthey had the game. The clerk pulls the game out of the little ds droor display window thing and the fat man says "it's only the chip?" (it didn't come with the box, and this man called the game a "chip"). The clerk says it was indeed game only. Fat man then begins to act like he and the clerk have been best friends for years, talking about how it wouldnt make sense to get upset over that anyway since he'll still get to play the game.

After buying it, the fat man, still sweaty, leaves the store playfully saying "alright thanks bud, don't work to hard!"

[quote name='JNKryo']I saw a genuinely cute Asian girl working at the Gamestop near my work today :shock:.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT'S an improbability

the other day I was trying to look at the games at half price books but some otaku guy [he had long greasy hair in a pony tail, unshaven, acne, a bunch of anime DVDs in hand] was standing there and wouldn't move. I waited politely for a minute until the stench hit my nose. He smelled like dirty clothes, B.O., and cigarettes.

that's my story.

Wow yeah you definitely topped it with that one, can't think of anything that even happened to me while shopping this season. They had that Layton game on sale at amazon for 17.99 at one point on Cyber monday... I'm sure he paid more than that for a used cart only copy.

There really are a lot of anime fans like that and it really is a shame, because I am a big fan of japanese music and drama and automatically people think I am dirty because of the otaku stereotype which unfortunately, comes true more often than not. It isn't THAT hard to take a shower people!

On the other hand, I don't think the clerk really cares if this guy boycotted the store forever, they would probably be glad to have him gone.

I've got one.

When I got my 360 last October it was in the middle of a B2G1. So, I'm picking out a few games to go with my system and a guy goes up to the counter with his son, three games in hand. She rings them up and tells him the price, and he gets mad, saying "Isn't (whatever the most expensive game was) the free one? She goes on to explain how a B2G1 works, and he becomes furious, yelling at her that it was false advertising and nothings really free.

He gives the three games back to his son, who looks really embarrassed, and tells him to put them back and pick three games that are the same price. He gives them to her and says in a "I've got you now" tone that he won't really get any of them free, will he? She once again explains how it works and rings it up and shows him. He's now really mad again because he was wrong. He tells his son to get the games he wanted again, and begrudgingly pays it and leaves.

Eh, I thought this thread was something else when I clicked on it because I was going to post about finding Dragon Quest V guide at Half Price Books last week for $8.98.

[quote name='JNKryo']I saw a genuinely cute Asian girl working at the Gamestop near my work today :shock:.[/QUOTE]

I once applied at Gamestop. (Once.) One of the clerks took my application and I wanted to check back with the real manager when he got it, and they told me he'd be opening on Monday. They open at 10. I went in a little before noon, and they told me he had already gone home for the day. Next day, he called off. Next day he had off. Hey, don't work so hard, you're only the manager. Friday, he's finally there but he's in an interview, which doesn't mean a lot for my chances of being hired but I was already there, so I waited around for him. I asked the guy there how long interviews usually take, he said 15 or 20 minutes, and he was pissed he was working alone. An hour and a half later he finally walks out of the back. Who was he interviewing for so long? Cute little Asian girl in a miniskirt.

:applause:

He ended up hiring some fat chick.

Most interesting thing that has happened was when I was at a Gamestop, just browsing around when some guy grabbed some games on the counter and ran out the door. I was standing a couple of feet away and if I had been paying him more attention, I could have grabbed him. I would've chased after him and gotten the games back but it was snowing and wet outside and I wasn't feeling very adventurous that day.

[quote name='tiggerkiddo']Most interesting thing that has happened was when I was at a Gamestop, just browsing around when some guy grabbed some games on the counter and ran out the door. I was standing a couple of feet away and if I had been paying him more attention, I could have grabbed him. I would've chased after him and gotten the games back but it was snowing and wet outside and I wasn't feeling very adventurous that day.[/QUOTE]
Now why would you risk your life(never know if someone brazenly stealing shit like that has a gun/knife/etc) for some merchandise that Gamestop will just write off as shrinkage? This is even assuming there were actual games in the cases and not just gutted cases.

Only time I might chase down someone stealing shit is if they're stealing MY shit. Even then, I might just wing a rock at them n crack em in the head. Not worth losing your life over shit that's replaceable.

When I bought my AVP Hunter Edition for 360 back when it first came out (keep in mind they were sold out and going for a pretty penny on ebay right after it came out) I had this little kid standing next to me at the counter. I have no idea why he was just standing there. When the guy brought it out from the back room the kid reaches his nasty little hands up and shouts "Is that mine!!!'

NO, IT'S NOT fuckING YOURS!!! Get your grubby hands off my shit and get some better parents! He then argued with me when I said "No, this one is mine". The clerk then explained that they were all out, and the kid wouldn't give it up. He kept saying "Why Can't I have that one? I was in here first."

The moral of the story: I hate grubby little kids

(The other moral: The game was shit, and it has since dropped extremely low in price. Big-assed-mistake.)

I go to half price books every once in a while and usually they're full of shit with their pricing - loads of used 360 games at higher than new prices, PS1 games for $10 each, etc. anyway I went there to unload some PS1 systems and shitty games that I bought in lots on craigslist for the good games in them.

They had several complete in box N64 games - Mario 64, Goldeneye, Banjo kazooie, Wave Race, etc.

I thought they looked cool as a collection peice and I've been wanting a cart of Mario 64 which was only $15. Well I get the lady to open the locked case and find that they are complete but half price books decided that the best way to secure games in cardboard boxes inside a locked case was to wrap them in clear packaging tape - you know, the stuff that tears up anything you remove it from, effectively ruining the box for all those games. Might as well have tossed them in the trash and sold as cart only..

Half price books kinda sucks.

I used to work at Blockbuster, so I have a metric shit ton of stories about customers acting like little bratty kids. I'm not sure if that's relevant to this thread, as not all of them are video game based...

[quote name='Zaku77']When I bought my AVP Hunter Edition for 360 back when it first came out (keep in mind they were sold out and going for a pretty penny on ebay right after it came out) I had this little kid standing next to me at the counter. I have no idea why he was just standing there. When the guy brought it out from the back room the kid reaches his nasty little hands up and shouts "Is that mine!!!'

NO, IT'S NOT fuckING YOURS!!! Get your grubby hands off my shit and get some better parents! He then argued with me when I said "No, this one is mine". The clerk then explained that they were all out, and the kid wouldn't give it up. He kept saying "Why Can't I have that one? I was in here first."

The moral of the story: I hate grubby little kids

(The other moral: The game was shit, and it has since dropped extremely low in price. Big-assed-mistake.)[/QUOTE]
:lol: Back when I was still hanging out with my one ex gf we went to the one Cinemark theater here. Before the movie we decided to go to the lil arcade they had in there. So we plunk some change into the one crane machine to try winning something n this lil kid kept trying to play the machine.

Meanwhile Mommy Dearest is about 15 feet away yapping on her frickin' cell phone barely paying the kid any mind. I kept moving side to side to keep the lil brat away from the machine while I played on my credits(think it was like $1 a play:roll:).

So once mom of the year got her self important ass off her fuckin' phone she either came over n tried to yell at me for blocking her kid from playing the machine on MY money or just gave me the ol' stink eye for not letting her privileged prodigy have the full run of the place.

I just gave her the stink eye back n walked away.;)

And don't get me started on parents who let their kids run around in a grocery store making a racket/mess and/or let their kids wail without trying to quiet em down while in a restaurant.

In that situation I have been tempted to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_to2-A-CA0Q

[quote name='AugustAPC']I used to work at Blockbuster, so I have a metric shit ton of stories about customers acting like little bratty kids. I'm not sure if that's relevant to this thread, as not all of them are video game based...[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, we need another stupid customer story thread.

[quote name='whoknows']Do tell[/QUOTE]

Alright, let's start with this one.

Before I start, let me clarify for those who may not be privy to Blockbuster's business practices.

Blockbuster has two different services. Their in-store and their online. These two are nearly two separate businesses. Blockbuster stores cannot help but provide information to Online customers and Online Services can't help with in-store customers. However, Blockbuster thought it would be a good idea to offer in-store exchanges for Online customers. This is fairly confusing for customers as it may cause them to believe that we have access to their online accounts, history and charges. Really, when they exchange their online movies for in-store movies, it does nothing but hurt the actual store that they're exchanging at. Essentially, they're just swapping out their online movie, for us to return and getting a free rental in exchange for it.

Now that that's out of the way... enter this 80 year old woman.

It's a nice cool night. As usual, we have very little customers in the store, if any. On shift were myself and my manager, who was a female, slightly older than me. Also in the store was another one of our managers, who just hangs out there and plays games on the PS3 because his T.V. got smashed.

As I said, it was a quiet night. We were relaxed behind the counters, checking in movies and chatting casually as we had no customers. That is, until the senior-citizen-humanoid-typhoon came walking through our doors. Appearing quite harmless, we greeted this little old lately, unknowing of the rage that was about to consume us.

Forgive me, I need to improvise a smidge, as this was a few years ago, and I don't recall the exact words.

The lady approached me at the counter. "I need to speak to the manager right now", she said.

I turned to Jessica, my manager, "Hey, Jess. This customer needs your help, please."

Jessica approaches the counter. "How can I help you, tonight?"

The lady tells her, "I was just charged 2x.xx dollars for a month of Blockbuster online, a service I had cancelled last month."

Jessica responds, "I'm sorry for your trouble. Unfortunately our in-store department has no control over your online account. I can provide you with the number to our online customer support so they can resolve this matter with you."

The lady raises her voice, "That's not good enough. I demand a refund right this moment."

The sudden change from a calm cool night to an uncomfortable, nervousness that was the calm before the storm, caught my attention. I walked back over to the counter anticipating that my co-worrker may need a little assistance.

Jess responded again, "I understand your problem, but unfortunately that is impossible for me to do. The best I can do for you is provide you with our Online Services number, as our stores and online services are not connected."

It is at this moment that this little old lady releases the demon within. She raises her voice to a yell. "You're lying to me. You are horrible people, no wonder your store is empty and no wonder you work in this little trash-heap!"

At this point I step in. "Ma'am, please calm down. There is truly nothing we can do to handle your balance from your online account. We cannot even access it from our store. I wish we could help you further, but we are physically incapable of doing so."

Infuriated the woman, in need of medication, continues to yell, "It's no wonder you are going out of business. You kids are disgraceful! I will never shop here again!"

During this ruckus, my manager's boyfriend had come in the store and was standing behind one of the counters across from our register. I can tell he's having a hard time biting his tongue. At this point this little old lady was belting some of the most hateful things I've ever heard from a woman of her age at my manager, who was beginning to cry.

The woman is yelling so loudly that my other manager, who was off duty playing the PS3 in our store heard and had to step in. Jessica, in tears, went to her boyfriend behind the counter adjacent to us.

My second manager, Randy, begins to plead with the woman. "Ma'am please calm down, we are doing everything we can to help you. We're not trying to upset you."

The woman raises her voice so that Jessica, whom her boyfriend and I are trying to comfort can clearly here. "That little bitch over there wasn't trying to help me! She was incredibly rude and unprofessional to me."

I am absolutely shocked at this point. This old hag was sitting there screaming voracious lies. Jessica was extremely kind and professional. At NO POINT was she even remotely close to being rude. There was absolutely nothing she could have done to handle the situation in a better manner.

Hearing the woman say these things causes Jessica to become hysterical. She is understandably sobbing into the counter while this woman, for no good reason, continues to spit the most hateful things out of her mouth.

I've never been so stunned by a customer at this point. She wasn't even a customer. She was an online member who actually cost our store money by renting from us for free! She gave this store NO REVENUE! Yet she is speaking as if we've robbed her of all of her worth.

Think it can't get any worse? So did I. Once the woman notices that Jessica is in tears, she turns and looks to her. She yells for all of us to hear, "Look at her, crying, trying to make it look like she's the victim here." This next part I remember clearly, as if it happened yesterday. "She's just like my husband, who beat me every night!"

Are you fucking kidding me? What on earth is this woman's problem?

Anyway, somehow, Randy was able to keep his cool the entire time. To get her to finally leave, he had to offer her my Store Manager's work schedule and our District Manager's phone number. So that she could badmouth us to both of them.

Once the wrinkly demon had finally left our store. Jessica, still in tears, could only ask us this question, "What did I do wrong?"

Nothing Jessica, you did nothing wrong.

Also, keep in mind; this is the abridged version of the story. We spent half an our trying to help her. Asking her if she was sure she didn't accidentally sign up for another plan when she called to cancel her account... Explaining to her why we couldn't do anything about the balance. She just wouldn't have any of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AugustAPC']Alright, let's start with this one.

Before I start, let me clarify for those who may not be privy to Blockbuster's business practices.

Blockbuster has two different services. Their in-store and their online. These two are nearly two separate businesses. Blockbuster stores cannot help but provide information to Online customers and Online Services can't help with in-store customers. However, Blockbuster thought it would be a good idea to offer in-store exchanges for Online customers. This is fairly confusing for customers as it may cause them to believe that we have access to their online accounts, history and charges. Really, when they exchange their online movies for in-store movies, it does nothing but hurt the actual store that they're exchanging at. Essentially, they're just swapping out their online movie, for us to return and getting a free rental in exchange for it.

It's a nice cool night. As usual, we have very little customers in the store, if any. On shift were myself and my manager, who was a female, slightly older than me. Also in the store was another one of our managers, who just hangs out there and plays games on the PS3 because his T.V. got smashed.

As I said, it was a quiet night. We were relaxed behind the counters, checking movies and chatting casually as we had no customers. That is, until the senior hurricane came walking through our doors. Appearing quite harmless, we greeted this little old lately, unknowing of the rage that was about to consume us.

Forgive me, I need to improvise a smidge, as this was a few years ago, and I don't recall the exact words.

The lady approached me at the counter. "I need to speak to the manager right now", she said.

I turned to Jessica, my manager, "Hey, Jess. This customer needs your help, please."

The lady tells her, "I was just charged 2x.xx dollars for a month of Blockbuster online, a service I had cancelled last month."

Jessica responds, "I'm sorry for your trouble. Unfortunately our in-store department has no control over your online account. I can provide you with the number to our online customer support so they can resolve this matter with you."

The lady raises her voice, "That's not good enough. I demand a refund right this moment."

The sudden change from a calm cool night to an uncomfortable, nervousness that was the calm before the storm, caught my attention. I walked back over to the counter anticipating that my co-worrker may need a little assistance.

Jess responded again, "I understand your problem, but unfortunately that is impossible for me to do. The best I can do for you is provide you with our Online Services number, as our stores and online services are not connected."

It is at this moment that this little old lady releases the demon within. She raises her voice to a yell. "You're lying to me. You are horrible people, no wonder your store is empty and no wonder you work in this little trash-heap!"

At this point I step in. "Ma'am, please calm down. There is truly nothing we can do to handle your balance from your online account. We cannot even access it from our store. I wish we could help you further, but we are physically incapable of doing so."

Infuriated the woman, in need of medication, continues to yell, "It's no wonder you are going out of business. You kids are disgraceful! I will never shop here again!"

During this ruckus, my manager's boyfriend had come in the store and was standing behind one of the counters across from our register. I can tell he's having a hard time biting his tongue. At this point this little old lady was belting some of the most hateful things I've ever heard from a woman of her age at my manager, who was beginning to cry.

The woman is yelling so loudly that my other manager, who was off duty playing the PS3 in our store heard and had to step in. Jessica, in tears went to her boyfriend behind the counter adjacent to us.

My second manager, Randy, begins to plead with the woman. "Ma'am please calm down, we are doing everything we can to help you. We're not trying to upset you."

The woman raises her voice so that Jessica, whom her boyfriend and I are trying to comfort can clearly here. "That little bitch over there wasn't trying to help me! She was incredibly rude and unprofessional me."

I am absolutely shocked at this point. This old hag was sitting there screaming voracious lies. Jessica was extremely kind and professional. At NO POINT was she even remotely close to being rude. There was absolutely nothing she could have done to handle the situation in a better manner.

Hearing the woman say these things causes Jessica to become hysterical. She is understandably sobbing into the counter while this woman, for no good reason, continues to spit the most hateful things out of her mouth.

I've never been so stunned by a customer at this point. She wasn't even a customer. She was an online member who actually cost our store money by renting from us for free! She gave this store NO REVENUE! Yet she is speaking as if we've robbed her of all of her worth.

Think it can't get any worse? So did I. Once the woman notices that Jessica is in tears, she turns and looks to her. She yells for all of us to hear, "Look at her, crying, trying to make it look like she's the victim here." This next part I remember clearly, as if it happened yesterday. "She's just like my husband, who beat me every night!"

Anyway, somehow, Randy was able to keep his cool the entire time. To get her to finally leave, he had to offer her my Store Manager's work schedule and our District Manager's phone number. So that she could badmouth us to both of them.

Once the wrinkly demon had finally left our store. Jessica, still in tears, could only ask us this question, "What did I do wrong?"

Also, keep in mind; this is the abridged version of the story. We spent half an our trying to help her. Asking her if she was sure she didn't accidentally sign up for another plan when she called to cancel her account... Explaining to her why we couldn't do anything about the balance. She just wouldn't have any of it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, just wow. The only thing I could think of to have done was call the police to have the customer removed. Man, the old lady from hell!

[quote name='AugustAPC']Alright, let's start with this one.

As I said, it was a quiet night. We were relaxed behind the counters, checking in movies and chatting casually as we had no customers. That is, until the senior-citizen-humanoid-typhoon came walking through our doors. Appearing quite harmless, we greeted this little old lately, unknowing of the rage that was about to consume us.

The woman is yelling so loudly that my other manager, who was off duty playing the PS3 in our store heard and had to step in. Jessica, in tears, went to her boyfriend behind the counter adjacent to us.

The woman raises her voice so that Jessica, whom her boyfriend and I are trying to comfort can clearly here. "That little bitch over there wasn't trying to help me! She was incredibly rude and unprofessional to me."

Also, keep in mind; this is the abridged version of the story. We spent half an our trying to help her. Asking her if she was sure she didn't accidentally sign up for another plan when she called to cancel her account... Explaining to her why we couldn't do anything about the balance. She just wouldn't have any of it.[/QUOTE]

Eh, old lady or not, my policy when I worked at Target with an angry guest was that you got one "freebie" in swearing at me. After that I would warn the guest that if they continued to swear at me I would not be able to help them and they would have to leave the store. It only came to me telling them to leave a couple of times and they always did but I was more than prepared to call the police to escort them out if they chose not to. Target didn't pay me enough to sit and be verbally harassed by customers.

People seem to think they can treat retail workers like shit and I'm not really sure why. There are those times when the people working there are real assholes and probably deserve it but the vast majority of the time the customer is wrong and being completely irrational.

Man, fuck that lady. If I were running the store and she was making one of my employees cry, I'd go off and tell her to GET THE fuck OUT OF MY STORE. Screw corporate management. No one deserves that shit.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Blockbuster Story[/QUOTE]

As abusive as that old lady was, I can understand where she was coming from. Not everyone is a fan of this outsourcing crap that companies do and sometimes it's difficult to receive justice without a face-to-face interaction. Until you've dealt with bureaucracies you can't fully understand the benefits of an integrated service against the laziness and obfuscation that can occur when various services are outsourced or split between different departments.

Before I've had the pleasurable experience of calling the IRS from inside a college financial aid office, because it was in financial aid's best interest (read their profit margin) not to receive certain paperwork by mail and to deny me financial aid. In reality it was their job to do this kind of background check, but instead I had to make the call--while making sure it was recorded and that the documentation arrives in their office without disappearing.

Back on the subject of Blockbuster, if the brick and mortar store is losing money because of an online return--isn't that really Blockbuster's fault for making the online service a separate business? I mean, aren't big companies supposed to take returns for the sake of good will--not because it is an immediately profitable thing to do?

I'm not quite sure you understand. Online customers get their movies mailed to them. Along with that, they also get a certain amount of "exchanges", in which they can bring their movies that were mailed to them into a store, and exchange them for a free rental from the store, while we mail back the movie.

In retail, especially at blockbuster, revenue is tallied store by store. It's not like a team effort. That movie is gone from our store for however long the customer keeps it, while we earn no profit from our store and no one else is able to rent it. The DMs don't give a damn how poor their services are and how detrimental they are to their own cause, they just want to see numbers. And if they don't, well... then you're fired.

I'm kind of stunned that you guys stood there and took that lady's abuse for more than like two minutes. You really couldn't have forced her to leave the store once the situation got out of hand?

[quote name='AugustAPC']I'm not quite sure you understand. Online customers get their movies mailed to them. Along with that, they also get a certain amount of "exchanges", in which they can bring their movies that were mailed to them into a store, and exchange them for a free rental from the store, while we mail back the movie.

In retail, especially at blockbuster, revenue is tallied store by store. It's not like a team effort. That movie is gone from our store for however long the customer keeps it, while we earn no profit from our store and no one else is able to rent it. The DMs don't give a damn how poor their services are and how detrimental they are to their own cause, they just want to see numbers. And if they don't, well... then you're fired.[/QUOTE]

That's a morality problem with the higher-ups; it has nothing to do with real customer satisfaction. If enough customers give their vote of no-confidence than it's not just you that loses their job, the whole company goes down the tube.

I'm thinking the DMs can't be all that bright to begin with if they count online returns against individual stores, especially if there's a free rental benefit...

I am posting this here because I don't know where else to.
I see people who work at gamestop or Best Buy or what ever complain that there are people who ask for Mario/Sonic for the Xbox or the others consoles. WELL YOU CAN! Mario and Sonic at the Olymipic games. I felt the need to post this.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']I am posting this here because I don't know where else to.
I see people who work at gamestop or Best Buy or what ever complain that there are people who ask for Mario/Sonic for the Xbox or the others consoles. WELL YOU CAN! Mario and Sonic at the Olymipic games. I felt the need to post this.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You mean the Mario & Sonic Olympic games that are only on the Wii and DS? What's your point?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']As abusive as that old lady was, I can understand where she was coming from. Not everyone is a fan of this outsourcing crap that companies do and sometimes it's difficult to receive justice without a face-to-face interaction. Until you've dealt with bureaucracies you can't fully understand the benefits of an integrated service against the laziness and obfuscation that can occur when various services are outsourced or split between different departments.

Before I've had the pleasurable experience of calling the IRS from inside a college financial aid office, because it was in financial aid's best interest (read their profit margin) not to receive certain paperwork by mail and to deny me financial aid. In reality it was their job to do this kind of background check, but instead I had to make the call--while making sure it was recorded and that the documentation arrives in their office without disappearing.

Back on the subject of Blockbuster, if the brick and mortar store is losing money because of an online return--isn't that really Blockbuster's fault for making the online service a separate business? I mean, aren't big companies supposed to take returns for the sake of good will--not because it is an immediately profitable thing to do?[/QUOTE]

I can kinda understand where she is coming from, but there is absolutely no need to get abusive about it. The companies have the same name, so anyone with any brains would assume that they are interconnected in some way and that the store would be able to help with a problem especially since some of the business is done in the store . Its a really poor decision by corporate to let customers do this, without giving stores access to online accounts.

Retail stores really should have rules posted at the entrance, so that this does not happen and that the authorities can be legally called when a customer is becoming very abusive. This way if the customer goes and calls the district manager the employees who got stuck with the bad customer will have a police report or some kind of other report to back themselves up with so they don't get called out on being very unprofessional when in reality they did everything by the book. Its sad that any customer can pretty much report any employee to the district manager (in any store) that they want to and make that employee's life a living nightmare possibly even if the employee did absolutely nothing wrong.

had to dust off this thread. i've got a new story.

i'm in walmart. i'm with a friend of mine who wanted to stop in the store to pick up some magazine she wanted. we end up looking around at the video games, just seeing if there are any deals to be had and what not. my friend decides to play the ps3 kiosk, which for some reason was still housing mlb 11. anyway, this kid walks up to us and, talking to no one, says "yeah, i cant wait til it's my turn to play", in a matter-of-fact tone.

he then actually walked up to my friend and asked "think you'll be done kinda soon?" in a friendly-ish tone, and then he let out a forced chuckle. this all would have been funny/cute if the "kid" was really a "kid". he had to be at least 15 years old.

Just the thought of touching one of those kiosks almost makes me want to reach for a bottle of hand sanitizer (not that shopping carts are any better).

I remember back in the day when they used to load up those kiosks with new games prior to their release, and people would just hog the kiosk for hours on end playing, used to piss me off like nothing else. I think Nintendo finally resolved this by making their kiosks reset after like 5 minutes.

[quote name='spmahn']I remember back in the day when they used to load up those kiosks with new games prior to their release, and people would just hog the kiosk for hours on end playing, used to piss me off like nothing else. I think Nintendo finally resolved this by making their kiosks reset after like 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]
I remember playing for an hour or so at Hill's back in the day on one of those when the NES was still in full swing.

Since I had only an Atari 2600 at that point(and still did up till 1992:lol:) I was just absolutely amazed by the games on the NES kiosk.

I can't even tell you how many quarters I used to waste in those dual screen timed arcade machines that had all of the more recent NES titles in them.:cry::whistle2:#

You know, these ones:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayChoice-10

bread's done
Back