- - - - -

Tales from the Wild: Rediculous and Inspiring Stories from You, the Game Hunter

#31 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3059 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:01 PM

I am posting this here because I don't know where else to.
I see people who work at gamestop or Best Buy or what ever complain that there are people who ask for Mario/Sonic for the Xbox or the others consoles. WELL YOU CAN! Mario and Sonic at the Olymipic games. I felt the need to post this.

Huh? You mean the Mario & Sonic Olympic games that are only on the Wii and DS? What's your point?

#32 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

As abusive as that old lady was, I can understand where she was coming from. Not everyone is a fan of this outsourcing crap that companies do and sometimes it's difficult to receive justice without a face-to-face interaction. Until you've dealt with bureaucracies you can't fully understand the benefits of an integrated service against the laziness and obfuscation that can occur when various services are outsourced or split between different departments.

Before I've had the pleasurable experience of calling the IRS from inside a college financial aid office, because it was in financial aid's best interest (read their profit margin) not to receive certain paperwork by mail and to deny me financial aid. In reality it was their job to do this kind of background check, but instead I had to make the call--while making sure it was recorded and that the documentation arrives in their office without disappearing.

Back on the subject of Blockbuster, if the brick and mortar store is losing money because of an online return--isn't that really Blockbuster's fault for making the online service a separate business? I mean, aren't big companies supposed to take returns for the sake of good will--not because it is an immediately profitable thing to do?

I can kinda understand where she is coming from, but there is absolutely no need to get abusive about it. The companies have the same name, so anyone with any brains would assume that they are interconnected in some way and that the store would be able to help with a problem especially since some of the business is done in the store . Its a really poor decision by corporate to let customers do this, without giving stores access to online accounts.

Retail stores really should have rules posted at the entrance, so that this does not happen and that the authorities can be legally called when a customer is becoming very abusive. This way if the customer goes and calls the district manager the employees who got stuck with the bad customer will have a police report or some kind of other report to back themselves up with so they don't get called out on being very unprofessional when in reality they did everything by the book. Its sad that any customer can pretty much report any employee to the district manager (in any store) that they want to and make that employee's life a living nightmare possibly even if the employee did absolutely nothing wrong.

#33 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3272 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:34 AM

had to dust off this thread. i've got a new story.

i'm in walmart. i'm with a friend of mine who wanted to stop in the store to pick up some magazine she wanted. we end up looking around at the video games, just seeing if there are any deals to be had and what not. my friend decides to play the ps3 kiosk, which for some reason was still housing mlb 11. anyway, this kid walks up to us and, talking to no one, says "yeah, i cant wait til it's my turn to play", in a matter-of-fact tone.

he then actually walked up to my friend and asked "think you'll be done kinda soon?" in a friendly-ish tone, and then he let out a forced chuckle. this all would have been funny/cute if the "kid" was really a "kid". he had to be at least 15 years old.

#34 lmz00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:37 AM

Just the thought of touching one of those kiosks almost makes me want to reach for a bottle of hand sanitizer (not that shopping carts are any better).

#35 spmahn  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:55 AM

I remember back in the day when they used to load up those kiosks with new games prior to their release, and people would just hog the kiosk for hours on end playing, used to piss me off like nothing else. I think Nintendo finally resolved this by making their kiosks reset after like 5 minutes.

#36 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I remember back in the day when they used to load up those kiosks with new games prior to their release, and people would just hog the kiosk for hours on end playing, used to piss me off like nothing else. I think Nintendo finally resolved this by making their kiosks reset after like 5 minutes.

I remember playing for an hour or so at Hill's back in the day on one of those when the NES was still in full swing.

Since I had only an Atari 2600 at that point(and still did up till 1992:lol:) I was just absolutely amazed by the games on the NES kiosk.

I can't even tell you how many quarters I used to waste in those dual screen timed arcade machines that had all of the more recent NES titles in them.:cry::-#

You know, these ones:
http://en.wikipedia....i/PlayChoice-10