75% Off Select Game Downloads at Amazon

matttco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]19940[/IMG-R]Amazon offers discounts up to 75% on select PC game downloads. Highlights include:

:pc: Grand Theft Auto IV $5
:pc: The Witcher - Enhanced Edition $5
:pc: BioShock 2 $5

iconamazon.gif
Year End Game Download Deals at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Does amazon have a history where you can go re-download the games later? or would I have to download now and keep my download in a safe place?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does amazon have a history where you can go re-download the games later? or would I have to download now and keep my download in a safe place?[/QUOTE]

Yes: Your Account -> Your Games and Software Library (Under Digital Content) - will list everything, including xbox live codes you may have purchased.

From the FAQ:
How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library and click the download button.

[quote name='kayatai']Yes: Your Account -> Your Games and Software Library (Under Digital Content) - will list everything, including xbox live codes you may have purchased.

From the FAQ:
How many times can I download my games or software?

You can download an unlimited number of times. To re-download, go to Your Games and Software Library and click the download button.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Cryostasis looks interesting for that price.

FYI: on installs and activations:

Can I download and install to multiple computers?

You can download and install to as many of your computers as you want. The number of activations for each key varies for each manufacturer, but if youve used a code successfully before and it no longer works please contact Customer Service and we will happily provide a new one.

I'm liking the prices on Dark Void Zero and Arma 2: Combined Ops - I think I'm going to wait to see if Steam has these on daily deal and/or matches prices...

Can any of the items sold on on amazon be added to your steam account? And if so what are the chances their prices beat the steam sale?

Damn. That ArmA II Combined Ops bundle looks really sweet at $12.50.

That's way better than Steam has ever had it.

[quote name='KingDox']Can any of the items sold on on amazon be added to your steam account?[/QUOTE]

Kings Bounty GotY would not activate on steam.

Cheesy. Amazon JUST changed the price of Cryostasis from $3.25 to $6.49 right as I purchase. Look for yourself.

I don't care about a $3.25 difference, I bought anyway, but I definitely care about pricing hoops to jump through. They better not pull that again! :bomb:

Be careful.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Might bite on RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum for $7.50.

I know it was on sale last year on steam or it was a daily deal but this year it is not even on sale. I regretted not picking it up last year.

Amazon link for the game:
http://www.amazon.com/Rollercoaster..._t=1401&pf_rd_p=1284757942&pf_rd_i=1000647281[/QUOTE]This made me want to play the original RCT (from 11 and a half years ago), so I played a 40 minute demo to remember the good times, and now I want to play a lot more RCT. Downloading the demo for RCT3, but I'll probably just grab this Platinum collection for $7, since I never played it, but always meant to check it out. Thanks for pointing this out. I don't really want the expansions, and I would be okay with just the original for a dollar or something, but this is as cheap as any of them, so might as well get the latest (from 6 years ago).

Huh, hate to say it, but Star Trek Online for $2.50 (or $5.00 for the Deluxe version) is probably the best deal out of that. Might be worth giving the game a look if you want to get 30 days of playtime in a new MMO. Is there a trial or referal system going for that game?

I noticed that GTA4 along with the episodes are 12.50, Is this is a legit deal considering what I have read about the PC version. Also noticed that Assault on Dark Athena is 5.00.

This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how DLC works in ArmA2: Combined Ops if you buy it through Amazon? This is a great price, but I'd like to pick up the Private Military Company DLC as well and I don't see that on Amazon.

[quote name='Revenant']This is a little off topic, but does anybody know how DLC works in ArmA2: Combined Ops if you buy it through Amazon? This is a great price, but I'd like to pick up the Private Military Company DLC as well and I don't see that on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I did a quick search for you, and I don't really know what to look for. Here are the Steam forum pages for ARMAII and the DLC, maybe you can ask around: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=368

[quote name='cmackchase']I noticed that GTA4 along with the episodes are 12.50, Is this is a legit deal considering what I have read about the PC version. Also noticed that Assault on Dark Athena is 5.00.[/QUOTE]

The PC version craps all over the console versions if you have a beastmode rig. You get a lot of whiny douches crying because Rockstar put some work into making a game that scales up and isn't a direct port...essentially they're butthurt that they can't max every slider. The console version has view distance set at the equivalent of something like 14, whereas you can put it up to 100 on the PC. You can up the amount of traffic dramatically, add a lot more detail to the effects, run the game in much higher resolution, ect...basically it's not hard to make the game require 10x the GPU power (or more) that the console versions push.

For reference, I have a two GTX 480s and an I7 at 4.2 ghz, and I can max every single slider in the game at 2560x1600 and play smoothly. When I had a pair of GTX 280s, I could play the game smoothly on 1920x1200 with settings far superior to the consoles, but nowhere close to maxed.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Undergarden for 2.50 and Pripyat for $5? In. Now I can own all 3 STALKER games for under $15 without having played any of them.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I don't see Pripyat as a downloadable game. Can you link me please?

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The PC version craps all over the console versions if you have a beastmode rig. You get a lot of whiny douches crying because Rockstar put some work into making a game that scales up and isn't a direct port...essentially they're butthurt that they can't max every slider. The console version has view distance set at the equivalent of something like 14, whereas you can put it up to 100 on the PC. You can up the amount of traffic dramatically, add a lot more detail to the effects, run the game in much higher resolution, ect...basically it's not hard to make the game require 10x the GPU power (or more) that the console versions push.

For reference, I have a two GTX 480s and an I7 at 4.2 ghz, and I can max every single slider in the game at 2560x1600 and play smoothly. When I had a pair of GTX 280s, I could play the game smoothly on 1920x1200 with settings far superior to the consoles, but nowhere close to maxed.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I might wait a couple days to see if steam has the same price but I will probably get Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, and maybe Metro 2033.

bread's done
Back