Direct2drive Indie Sale: PvZ $4.00, The Ball $4.00 , Torchlight $4.00 and more

monkeyz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Okay here is the deal. Check this link.
http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/indie-sale/

In there you will find all the games on sale.

use coupon code : holidaytreats

This will net you 20% off all the games sale prices making them this price (this is after coupon)
PvZ $4.00
The Ball $4.00 (key registrable on steam)
Trine $2.00
Defense Grid : $2.00
Torchlight $4.00

Those are the highlights. All deals are for PC enjoy! By the way holidaytreats is valid on any and all games, I have not tried pre-orders but unless you spend $49.95 it is the best coupon code for direct2drive at the moment, because bahhumbug is 25% off $49.95, but unless you spend that much this is a much better deal for most games. Also this deal ends at 10am Monday. Thought I should mention that. Enjoy!

Your welcome :D. I can confirm that although The Ball is not on the list of Retail CD-Keys on Steam but it does register on steam. On the direct2drive page it says 3rd party download and says Steamworks and I put my key on steam to activate and it works, so yes you will definitely be getting it on steam if you buy it here. I highly doubt steam will beat $4.00, you might see it for $5.00 as a daily deal and the others are just plain good deals anyways. Any-who enjoy!

um wow....pretty good stuff here especially PvZ for me as it's $6.99 on steam. Already have Defense Grid, Torchlight, and Trine (which are all excellent and get my stamp of approval). How is Power of Defense? It looks like it's a cool kind of tower defense game. Good sale!

edit: Wow Power of Defense 5 bucks on steam 2 bucks here (with coupon) $2.50 without. How long is will the coupon be good for?

I've played all the games except for Power of Defense and would buy them again at the prices listed there. Nice find.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']um wow....pretty good stuff here especially PvZ for me as it's $6.99 on steam. Already have Defense Grid, Torchlight, and Trine (which are all excellent and get my stamp of approval). How is Power of Defense? It looks like it's a cool kind of tower defense game. Good sale!

edit: Wow Power of Defense 5 bucks on steam 2 bucks here (with coupon) $2.50 without. How long is will the coupon be good for?[/QUOTE]

I wish I knew more about Power of Defense otherwise I'd let ya know but the coupon I wish I knew a little more about as well. I know I saw it in another thread somewhere and I checked to see if it worked and what do you ya know it did! At the very least I presume it will be good through Monday (I hope) but it might only be good through Christmas Day, direct2drive does not do the best job advertising coupons, for instance ignbest was one and it said limited time only, with no indication of when it expires. Hopefully it will last a while so everyone can get in on these great sale prices.

I wonder how long this coupon is good for. I'd snag PvZ but I'd prefer to wait and see if Steam has it for a daily deal eventually.

Was gonna get The Ball, but this phone authorization stuff ain't gonna work for me (I'm deaf). It'd be nice if they had a text message option. Oh well. It'll probably be $5 eventually on steam.

Got The Ball, but the site was VERY laggy and it took forever to find my code, but it activated on Steam w/o a problem. Great deal OP!

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, but The Ball isn't on that list either, and it worked for me (and others). But with the other codes, I'd assume they won't work on Steam until people confirm otherwise (as we have with The Ball).[/QUOTE]

The Ball Activated on steam for me. Defense Grid should as well. I bought my copy from them during the anniversary sale.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, but The Ball isn't on that list either, and it worked for me (and others).[/QUOTE]
Torchlight is clearly listed but (supposedly?) only works with particular versions. Various indie games probably aren't worth listing.

Gotta download and play THE BALL' demo first --- the game looks short is slow and linear according to reviews... But I can think of worse things to spend my $4 on.... :)

[quote name='jazyje']Gotta download and play THE BALL' demo first --- the game looks short is slow and linear according to reviews... But I can think of worse things to spend my $4 on.... :)[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn't read this anywhere. I only heard good things about it. It looks like a blast. Almost a more action based portal.

Okay, usually I don't beg people to do something for me, but this sale sounds just too awesome.
I live in Germany and if you switch to the EU site of Direct2Drive "The Ball" costs about 18€ (around 20$), which is way too much.
I tried to buy it from the US site and used Paypal as the buying methode, but it turned out I need to verify my purchase via phone call. Choosing Germany and my phone number does nothing, I'll just get an error.
Is there any nice person from USA who would buy this game for me and send me the steam key via email?
Of course I pay the 4$ for the game (paypal) and I'm willing to pay before you send me the key. I know it's risky but it's better than nothing.

(sorry if my english isn't that good).

[quote name='Galebourn']Okay, usually I don't beg people to do something for me, but this sale sounds just too awesome.
I live in Germany and if you switch to the EU site of Direct2Drive "The Ball" costs about 18€ (around 20$), which is way too much.
I tried to buy it from the US site and used Paypal as the buying methode, but it turned out I need to verify my purchase via phone call. Choosing Germany and my phone number does nothing, I'll just get an error.
Is there any nice person from USA who would buy this game for me and send me the steam key via email?
Of course I pay the 4$ for the game (paypal) and I'm willing to pay before you send me the key. I know it's risky but it's better than nothing.

(sorry if my english isn't that good).[/QUOTE]

Check your PM.

Indie Potato Pack (yes, that's what it's called, don't ask me): AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Audiosurf, Bit.Trip Beat, Braid, Cogs, Defense Grid, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra, Super Meat Boy, The Ball, The Wonderful End of the world, Toki Tori
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7970333&postcount=1721

Just to throw a heads-up to any potential buyers of "The Ball" - it is slated to be a part of the "Indie Potato Pack". So if you had plans to get that, might want to hold off on purchasing it.

Don't what the pricing on the potato pack will be, but I've heard speculation of both $10 and $15.

Since this sale goes through Monday, I'm going to wait and see is Steam offers a better deal on The Ball. It could happen.

But thanks very much, OP!

I really want Torchlight but it not activating on Steam kills it for me. With any other game I'd say yeah, but with the community/modding aspect of that game I'd like to own it through Steam. I don't know a lot about Steam, as I don't do much pc gaming, but there is an option in Steam to add a non-Steam game to your library. What's the difference between doing this and actually activating through Steam, functionality-wise?

[quote name='unopepito06']I really want Torchlight but it not activating on Steam kills it for me. With any other game I'd say yeah, but with the community/modding aspect of that game I'd like to own it through Steam. I don't know a lot about Steam, as I don't do much pc gaming, but there is an option in Steam to add a non-Steam game to your library. What's the difference between doing this and actually activating through Steam, functionality-wise?[/QUOTE]

I believe when you just add a game in steam not activate it just launches the executable and it shows in your list. Also your steam friends can see what you're playing great for multiplayer games you may not have got on steam. Now you won't get steam achievements for games added and all the steam "bells and whistles". Man does anyone know how long that coupon is gonna be valid I really want PVZ and Power of Defense at that price. I would slightly perfer them on Steam but at the D2D prices I'm all in.

[quote name='unopepito06']I really want Torchlight but it not activating on Steam kills it for me. With any other game I'd say yeah, but with the community/modding aspect of that game I'd like to own it through Steam. I don't know a lot about Steam, as I don't do much pc gaming, but there is an option in Steam to add a non-Steam game to your library. What's the difference between doing this and actually activating through Steam, functionality-wise?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can join games as easy either with friends. Overall the impact on single player games is probably minimal but multiplayer might be a big deal.

For Torchlight specifically you do get something extra out of Steam, since it has Steam cloud support which saves your characters and mods to the cloud. I'd be surprised if it's not a daily deal in the next week.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']For Torchlight specifically you do get something extra out of Steam, since it has Steam cloud support which saves your characters and mods to the cloud. I'd be surprised if it's not a daily deal in the next week.[/QUOTE]

FYI, I think steam cloud is a great idea but in my experience with games that have supported it, Steam Cloud adds as much complication as it does convenience. I've had it not work several times or in the instance of PvZ I almost lost my save game due to it.

thanks op!; in for The Ball for $4. Even if it does show up during the steam sale, I can't see it being this cheap.

It doesnt let me authoriza by phone... it fails when I click the "Call Me" button, could anyone buy the ball for $4 and gift it to me? I will pay over paypal immediately.

Hey just a friendly reminder everyone, this deal is ending tomorrow morning at 10am PST, so roughly 14 hours and 30 minutes. The code "holidaytreats" is still working so that takes 20% off the sale prices and works on just about everything (have not tried pre-orders) so that is good. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up because this thread got buried but all the prices except for PvZ I do not believe have been beat, or by much, Bigfishgames beat the PvZ price by like $.50, so not a heck of a lot. Anyways hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

[quote name='TheDevo']Can someone please confirm if you can activate Trine on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Easiest way to check if a game is Steam enabled is to look and see if it requires a Steam Online account via the System Requirements. For this game, no, it is not listed.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Easiest way to check if a game is Steam enabled is to look and see if it requires a Steam Online account via the System Requirements. For this game, no, it is not listed.[/QUOTE]
Not the answer I was hoping for, but thank you so much for getting back to me before the sale ended.

bread's done
Back