Star Ocean: The Last Hope International (PS3) $19.99 at GameStop B&M

[quote name='callmewoof']Its been 17.99 used for awhile but I think the 19$ new is recent. Good game for this price.[/QUOTE]

Your right.. i think its been 19 for maybe the last two weeks. I picked up the last brand new copy from the GS near me.... looked like it was selling out quick in the areas near me though.

Blah...I just got it for $30 when Amazon had the sale. Knew I should've held out for the $20 point. Bishes.

yeah its been 19.99 for a couple weeks now. i got it on bf for 29.99 from amazon but kept it sealed just in case..and then when gs dropped it to 19.99, i returned that sealed one and then traded in a used one i got earlier from gs for $16 to amazon for $20 credit and then picked up a new one from gs for 19.99. pretty much just traded my used one for a new one lol.

I'm heavily debating this....but I have 3 Star Ocean games (FD, SE, and TtEoT) that I've barely touched, and three or four other RPGs besides.

Thanks for the heads up. I would bite on this deal if it was available online, because the closest store that has it in stock is at least 20 miles away and I don't feel like driving that far especially today. I sent AMZ the link and hopefully they will PM the price.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']Excellent game, just don't expect to platinum it right away[/QUOTE]

or ever.

Yeah I got one. It hurts me it was gutted. And Gamestop's shitty adhesives all on it. Have you use Goobegone and make it smell like orange. I might toss it. :/

[quote name='Troutyogurt']If anyone doesn't want any gutted copies, you could go to Bestbuy and get a pricematch[/QUOTE]

Well, that's really YMMV. BestBuy doesn't always price-match that readily...at least at the ones near me. They will call around to every Gamestop in the area to confirm that they do not have a new ungutted copy before they'll pricematch. Given how GS stores are, that's practically impossible.

Also, great game. Excellent price. But platinum for this game is downright insane. Not necessarily hard...just extremely time consuming. I once read somewhere that it'll take you around 500 hours to plat it.

I just... can't bring myself to buy this game at any price. Star Ocean 3's disc 1 was magical. It was sooo good... easily the best game I played at the time... then it asked me to insert Disc 2. How a game can take such a nose dive so drastically and so fast is still beyond me... all I know is it broke my heart. Never beat it, and don't think I ever will. (already been years)

I am hoping amazon matches this, then I would buy it.
what is amazon's support email? maybe i'll send them one to see if they'll match it.

I also bought this on Amazon the day it was $29.99. Still buried in the drawer under Neir $19 at Kmart and White Knight Chronicles $12.48 at Target. I'm 30 hours - maybe half? - way into Arc Rise Fantasia with Epic Mickey under the tree in 2 days. I printed out a Return shipping label for Star Ocean to ship it back to Amazon but realized after the $5 shipping fee (claimed on Amazon's site) it's $25 so too much work to save $5. Plus my wife reminded me I bought it with trade-in credit from Enslaved and New Super Mario Bros. Wii so it's all under the bridge at this point. Glad to hear it's good though, and I don't care about platinum, barely got time to play anything as it is, just signed up for Netflix and started Torchwood.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I just... can't bring myself to buy this game at any price. Star Ocean 3's disc 1 was magical. It was sooo good... easily the best game I played at the time... then it asked me to insert Disc 2. How a game can take such a nose dive so drastically and so fast is still beyond me... all I know is it broke my heart. Never beat it, and don't think I ever will. (already been years)[/QUOTE]

Feel the same. Played this on 360 and frankly hated it; IMHO, one of the worst JRPGs this generation (and I've played a whole bunch of them).

Voice acting and the writing/story are just downright awful.

[quote name='rjejr']I also bought this on Amazon the day it was $29.99. Still buried in the drawer under Neir $19 at Kmart and White Knight Chronicles $12.48 at Target. I'm 30 hours - maybe half? - way into Arc Rise Fantasia with Epic Mickey under the tree in 2 days. I printed out a Return shipping label for Star Ocean to ship it back to Amazon but realized after the $5 shipping fee (claimed on Amazon's site) it's $25 so too much work to save $5. Plus my wife reminded me I bought it with trade-in credit from Enslaved and New Super Mario Bros. Wii so it's all under the bridge at this point. Glad to hear it's good though, and I don't care about platinum, barely got time to play anything as it is, just signed up for Netflix and started Torchwood.[/QUOTE]

i had a sealed copy i got from amazon on bf for 29.99 and then returned it when gs did the price drop (i found 1 sealed copy by my house). amazon sent me a prepaid shipping label and its free cuz i told them it was an unwanted xmas gift. on my refund they deducted 4.98 for shipping, so i promptly contacted cs via chat and they refunded me the 4.98 immediately. doesn't hurt to ask :)

bread's done
Back