Castlevania LOS Limited Edition (PS3) 39.99@ amazon

I bought this on release (came with $20 Amazon GC) and it's one of the best games I've played this year. The game is so well made and outstanding production values. Not to mention I had fun from beginning to end.

This is a great price, especially for the CE. Great timing too for you new buyers as new DLC will be arriving soon. One of which, the largest of the two DLC's, takes place after the ending of the game...and will explain and flesh out the ending. Can't wait!

Awesome price, so tempting. I was planning on buying this when it hits $20 (standard)...so you guys think the LE is worth extra $20?

Good price I guess, but don't really care about Castlevania to drop $40 for a collector's edition that's not much more than a steel box / art book. I guess I am spoiled by other awesomer collector's edition like Halo Reach.

I'll wait until it's 19.99!

Nah, I bought one. Figured if I don't like it I could trade it back for $25 and sell the extras.

[quote name='dejeckt']Awesome price, so tempting. I was planning on buying this when it hits $20 (standard)...so you guys think the LE is worth extra $20?[/QUOTE]

it is if u love the game/ ce's. the case comes in the form of a book with the artbook built in..never seen anything like that before, and then also a soundtrack and the game. watch a utube unboxing video if u wanna see them close up and then u can make ur decision from there. amazon rep said it'd be the same price tomorrow and im pretty sure it wont sell out.

[quote name='Kaelestis']I'll wait until it's 19.99!

Nah, I bought one. Figured if I don't like it I could trade it back for $25 and sell the extras.[/QUOTE]

hmm i dont think u could do that because there isnt a separate plastic case for the game. the amazon trade in would require you to trade in the artbook case along with the game.

[quote name='miriamleo']Good price I guess, but don't really care about Castlevania to drop $40 for a collector's edition that's not much more than a steel box / art book. I guess I am spoiled by other awesomer collector's edition like Halo Reach.[/QUOTE]

Really? The Halo Reach collector's Edition was HORRIBLE, it came with the game and a box full of horrible junk. Seemed really cluttered to me. This one is at least very nice and clean.

[quote name='Luxuria']I don't understand why the 360 version isn't 40 as well. >_>[/QUOTE]

Yup, got both systems but would much rather have it on the 360... :cry:

I think I want this.... does anyone want my regular edition (played once) for $20-25 shipped?

EDIT: I sold it to Amazon for $25.50!

[quote name='Serpentor']Is this LE come with special case or regular?[/QUOTE]

Special. It is an artbook/case mix. Its really nice.

Bought. I figure that even if it his $30 later, I'm OK with this price. In addition, if it gets clearanced out hard to $25 or under, then I will unlikely be able to find it b/c of hoarders and other bargain hunters like myself.

[quote name='technicalstylez']it is if u love the game/ ce's. the case comes in the form of a book with the artbook built in..never seen anything like that before, and then also a soundtrack and the game. watch a utube unboxing video if u wanna see them close up and then u can make ur decision from there. amazon rep said it'd be the same price tomorrow and im pretty sure it wont sell out.[/QUOTE]
I checked last night. They have a lot.

For people who dont know this game was alot better on the ps3 because it was made to be on blu-ray and was developed on the Ps3. The 360 version has 2 discs to make up for the room.

Star Wars FU2 CE is also at $40 for both PS3 and 360 versions.

Grrr... I need to stay away from the internet today to keep from going broke!

anyone who DOESN'T pick this up at this price point should not be involved with gaming.

LoS is one of the years best by far and its the collectors edition to boot... its an absolute no brainer, dont ask, just buy!

[quote name='TPerryoo7']anyone who DOESN'T pick this up at this price point should not be involved with gaming.[/QUOTE]

..I hate statements like this. I understand this is just an over the top way to express you like the game. I love CV games, so no complaint there and LoS looks cool..but even for an exaggeration, it is a silly thing to say.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']anyone who DOESN'T pick this up at this price point should not be involved with gaming.

LoS is one of the years best by far and its the collectors edition to boot... its an absolute no brainer, dont ask, just buy![/QUOTE]

Wasn't this another that was then altered into a Castlevania game? I do not like the soundtrack for it though, while it's suitable it's not Castlevania music.

[quote name='TheMan70']For people who dont know this game was alot better on the ps3 because it was made to be on blu-ray and was developed on the Ps3. The 360 version has 2 discs to make up for the room.[/QUOTE]
Both end up being exactly the same according to reviews & that one site that compares screencaps & videos side-by-side. So pretty much all you're left with is I HAVE TO GET UP TO CHANGE DISCS GODDAMNIT =\

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Both end up being exactly the same according to reviews & that one site that compares screencaps & videos side-by-side. So pretty much all you're left with is I HAVE TO GET UP TO CHANGE DISCS GODDAMNIT =\[/QUOTE]

For the most part, this is true. There is slightly more screen tear in the XBOX version, but it's nothing to write home about. The following are for the obsessive compulsive only :):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-castlevania-lords-of-shadow-face-off

http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=23140&page=2

From my experience, they both look and play great.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Both end up being exactly the same according to reviews & that one site that compares screencaps & videos side-by-side. So pretty much all you're left with is I HAVE TO GET UP TO CHANGE DISCS GODDAMNIT =\[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I got it on ps3 :lol:

Was very disappointed by this game. A black mark on the Castlevania franchise. In fact it wasn't even developed by Konami. Lament of Innocence was leaps and bounds better. Mix that with a lackluster ending to the story, poor camera, mediocre music, and it's barely worth the disc it's printed on.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Was very disappointed by this game. A black mark on the Castlevania franchise. In fact it wasn't even developed by Konami. Lament of Innocence was leaps and bounds better. Mix that with a lackluster ending to the story, poor camera, mediocre music, and it's barely worth the disc it's printed on.[/QUOTE]

Lol after readin this I cant help but wonder if you played the same game I did?

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Was very disappointed by this game. A black mark on the Castlevania franchise. In fact it wasn't even developed by Konami. Lament of Innocence was leaps and bounds better. Mix that with a lackluster ending to the story, poor camera, mediocre music, and it's barely worth the disc it's printed on.[/QUOTE]

I felt the opposite way completely. I loved the game and it is far better than any of the other 3D Castlevania's before it. A huge step in the right direction for 3D Castlevania games.

if i could delete your post i would.

What?! Lament of Innocence was leap and bound better than this game? That shitty entry was what turned me off about Castlevania franchise going toward 3D. Btw, who gives a F if this game wasn't made by Konami, as long as it was a good game. Mercury Steams was solely responsible for the development but they also received cooperations from Kojima Production.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']What?! Lament of Innocence was leap and bound better than this game? That shitty entry was what turned me off about Castlevania franchise going toward 3D. Btw, who gives a F if this game wasn't made by Konami, as long as it was a good game. Mercury Steams was solely responsible for the development but they also received cooperations from Kojima Production.[/QUOTE]

agreed. i usedto fall asleep trying to play Lament of Innocence. I remember one day I said F this game (which is probably why case/manual/disc still look brand new) and then i threw in Onimusha 3 and refused to sleep cuz i wanted to keep playing... that game was sooo good..now all we need is an Onimusha PS3 update..ohhhhhh man.

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']What?! Lament of Innocence was leap and bound better than this game? That shitty entry was what turned me off about Castlevania franchise going toward 3D. Btw, who gives a F if this game wasn't made by Konami, as long as it was a good game. Mercury Steams was solely responsible for the development but they also received cooperations from Kojima Production.[/QUOTE]

Eh.. I really enjoyed LoI once I stopped considering it to be a CastleVania title. It had enough backtracking and secrets to keep me entertained for a week. Unfortunately CoD and the first 64 title couldn't do the same.

I felt that LoS was a decent title, better than Dante's Inferno in terms of narrative and artistic direction, but the overall combat just didn't do it for me. There was just too much reliance on countering rather than simply evading and the like.

I think I'm going to start waiting 2-3 months before I ever buy games, even with good deals going on for better deals like this >_>

bread's done
Back