Told a Gamestop manager to F*** Off...I feel so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducci101

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (75%)
There is this one douche manager at my favorite gamestop, I try to go there when he's not there. He has a massive boner for me and tries to dick with me every chance he has. He says I return too many games and take advantage of their return policy. The few times I've returned games it was to him at a different store so he has this beef with me. I will admit that I will return a game from time to time. Never taking advantage of it, but if I buy a game and the next day I want to return it cause I have no interest in it I will do that.

This manager doesn't know that I trade in a crap load of games to eb/gs all the games I ever buy are used games from eb/gs. Just as an example this past week i've traded in a ps3 and 13 games, and bout a 360 and 10 games. I haven't returned a game in over a month. Since the power up rewards program started in my area back in the beginning of october 2010 i've earned over 35,000 points from trading and buying used games from them.

So to the story, yesterday I bought Halo Reach, didn't like it, so today I went to return it. Lucky me I get the douchebag manager. He tells me "this is the last time i can return a game for you, you return too many games". I said "dude i haven't returned a game in over a month and in the past 4 days I've traded in 13 games and a ps3, and some of those games i traded in were within the 7 day window", he then proceeded to keep saying that all I do is return games, but he will return Halo Reach for me this one last time.

He had the game and receipt in his hand, then he said one more time "all you do is return games". So I said "give me my fucking reciept, and give me my fucking game, and go fuck yourself". He looked scared shitless, and I walked out the door with the biggest grin on my face.

Now I'm probably gonna be banned from that store so I can never go back, but I don't care.

An employee (including managers) at any store has the right to refuse business with you for any reason, as long as said employee isn't refusing business due to discriminatory reasons (race, gender, etc.).

Just because you spend X amount of money there doesn't entitle you to any better treatment. They can treat you like shit just because...

And honestly, you should have just gone to another store and complained about the manager to corporate. But since you told him off and they have it on camera, you've got no recourse against him.

[quote name='Vinny']An employee (including managers) at any store has the right to refuse business with you for any reason, as long as said employee isn't refusing business due to discriminatory reasons (race, gender, etc.).

Just because you spend X amount of money there doesn't entitle you to any better treatment. They can treat you like shit just because...

And honestly, you should have just gone to another store and complained about the manager to corporate. But since you told him off and they have it on camera, you've got no recourse against him.[/QUOTE]

I was never asking for certain treatment for how much I spend. I was just making a point that I trade in far more games than I actually return, it just looks like i return a lot cause I'm literally at that gamestop 6 days a week. And to be honest I don't care about recourse.

sometimes you just have to tell people who are effing you around to watch themselves though. good job not letting him push you around.

certainly though, think about what you can do next time to put him in more of a bind for his misdeeds :D

it's +1 you now, but it coulda been +1 you -1 him or you know, some multiplier shit ;)

Also to clarify not a single other employee at that gamestop has ever given me grief over returning a game, thats the main reason I snapped, its only this dude.

[quote name='ducci101']There is this one douche manager at my favorite gamestop, I try to go there when he's not there. He has a massive boner for me and tries to dick with me every chance he has. He says I return too many games and take advantage of their return policy. The few times I've returned games it was to him at a different store so he has this beef with me. I will admit that I will return a game from time to time. Never taking advantage of it, but if I buy a game and the next day I want to return it cause I have no interest in it I will do that.

This manager doesn't know that I trade in a crap load of games to eb/gs all the games I ever buy are used games from eb/gs. Just as an example this past week i've traded in a ps3 and 13 games, and bout a 360 and 10 games. I haven't returned a game in over a month. Since the power up rewards program started in my area back in the beginning of october 2010 i've earned over 35,000 points from trading and buying used games from them.

So to the story, yesterday I bought Halo Reach, didn't like it, so today I went to return it. Lucky me I get the douchebag manager. He tells me "this is the last time i can return a game for you, you return too many games". I said "dude i haven't returned a game in over a month and in the past 4 days I've traded in 13 games and a ps3, and some of those games i traded in were within the 7 day window", he then proceeded to keep saying that all I do is return games, but he will return Halo Reach for me this one last time.

He had the game and receipt in his hand, then he said one more time "all you do is return games". So I said "give me my fucking reciept, and give me my fucking game, and go fuck yourself". He looked scared shitless, and I walked out the door with the biggest grin on my face.

Now I'm probably gonna be banned from that store so I can never go back, but I don't care.[/QUOTE]
You really showed him. Time to kick back, sip your champagne and make Blockbuster employees rub your feet.

Dick move, btw.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You really showed him. Time to kick back, sip your champagne and make Blockbuster employees rub your feet.

Dick move, btw.[/QUOTE]

How is that a dick move, dude has been a total dick to me. No other person in that store has ever given me grief but this dude.

I bet you would'nt have said shit to him outside of Gamestop. I can't wait to hear about part 2 when he runs into your ass in the street. Also You write "it just looks like i return a lot cause I'm literally at that gamestop 6 days a week" so your that nerdy ass kid who is always at the front counter not buying shit, talking about games while people are waiting to check out.

[quote name='keithp']Without glitter and a magazine rack on the floor you failed. Big time.[/QUOTE]

I came here to post something to that effect. Too slow. :(

But seriously, if I ever had a game store manager who hated me, I would bring a thing of glitter to the store every time. You know, just in case I needed it. 8-[

Sorry but I am so sick of this Gamestop bullshit. You don't like their policies? Don't shop there. Them refusing your business is pretty much the goal you were trying for (as far as I can tell from your story). Get a Gamefly account if you want to play a game for a day and return it. And yes, I do work at Gamestop.

EDIT: We had a customer actually tell my manager to shut his mouth and that if he ever saw him outside of the store he would slap him in the face, all because we were sold out of a game the day after Christmas. Working in retail for over 7 years, I am so sick of the entitlement customers like you think they have. So thank you for telling us your story. I've been wanting to vent like that for 7 years.

Did your mom take you home or did you catch the bus?

Edit: Okay, just checked your previous posts. From an old GS Tradein thread. 3-4-10. Post #2206

[quote name='ducci101']
I won't be surprised if they blacklist you from doing that. I did similar things with returning games, and I had a DM actually call my home phone to let me know I couldn't return games anymore. Heck even one time I went to return something and it popped up on their computer that I was blacklisted from returning games. [/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']Sorry but I am so sick of this Gamestop bullshit. You don't like their policies? Don't shop there. Them refusing your business is pretty much the goal you were trying for (as far as I can tell from your story). Get a Gamefly account if you want to play a game for a day and return it. And yes, I do work at Gamestop.

EDIT: We had a customer actually tell my manager to shut his mouth and that if he ever saw him outside of the store he would slap him in the face, all because we were sold out of a game the day after Christmas. Working in retail for over 7 years, I am so sick of the entitlement customers like you think they have. So thank you for telling us your story. I've been wanting to vent like that for 7 years.[/QUOTE]

I too have BEEN a GS manager and I too have put up with people thinking they can do whatever they want, we were required to try to sell reserves but everyone we tried says "I'll just go to best buy" well, when madden or GTA:VC dropped and BB was out and we only got enough copies for reserve everybody thought they could just go to GS and get it. Sorry no reserve, no guaranteed copy. People get livid! All I could do was say "reserve next time!" with a grin cause I reserved mine. Needless to say I had some fun throwin that back at people for a while! "You want to reserve that cause you did miss out on _____ during release day and you had to wait a week to get it?" Good times, good times.

After reading his previous trade-in post, the OP was in the wrong, I would have been a dick to him too. I'm sure he's the guy who brings in scratched discs, corroded cartridges, "forgets" hook-up cables for systems and nasty controllers with hand grime all over and in the cracks and wonders why they wont buy his stuff. you know all the stuff you don't want cause the previous owner obviously did'nt take of his stuff.

You should have kicked over a magazine/strategy guide rack and set the place on fire.

GalleriaMallFireBig.jpg

281akc8.gif

The real question is...why trade in games at gamestop, and why buy their shit games at shit prices? Sell the games on ebay, get more real money for them, buy used games on here/craigslist/ebay get better condition stuff for less money. Then this issue wouldn't even exist ^_^

I can tell several things from this:

1. You obviously do not work or have not worked any kind of retail or you would understand why it is a big deal when you return a game because you just don't like it. I would hate to see what you do at McDonald's.

2. Your parents obviously never gave you any lessons in respect for anyone.

3. I wish a cop would have been there so he could have removed you from the store. Then maybe you and your spoiled attitude would have learned a lesson.

It is never OK to disrespect someone, especially a guy just trying to prevent some kid who wants to basically rent games for free from making his store look like a failure and cost him his job. If you return a game more than once or twice for the sole purpose that you did not like it, you have returned it too much. It does not matter how much you shop or trade there. You do not like that they are trying to run a successful business? That is fine. But you really show how spoiled and immature you are by cursing at a retail employee because he is tired of you getting to play games for nothing.

You said you traded in some games the day before? Yeah. You also bought the game you wanted return with some of that credit, I bet. You are the kind of user that makes this community look like a bunch of out of control heathens that makes retail stores and their management hate this site.

Don't know why but I get the idea that you do return to much. So you have not returned something in over a month. How often did you return stuff before that month because to me a month sounds like a long time for you.

some people have taken advantage of it my store doesnt even do the 7 day return because one guy bought one game and returned it for 52 weeks for another one over and over

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob'] Working in retail for over 7 years, I am so sick of the entitlement customers like you think they have. So thank you for telling us your story. [/QUOTE]
I don't work at Gamestop, but I have worked in retail for the past few years and I also hate entitled customers like the OP. Buying and returning games doesn't make you a customer, you're just someone abusing their return policy. You're not essential to the business. You're wasting the employees time by purchasing and then returning games on a regular basis.

Obviously, if this guy recognizes you as a repeat "offender", you're a problem. Every store I've worked in has the customers that are known as repeat offender shitheads. You can be sure they were talking about how much of a douchebag you are after you left, but that's probably it. I doubt you made any kind of significant impact on anyone in the store, whatsoever.

I hope next time you go in there, the manager kicks your head in.

Why would Gamestop give a crap? All they do is sell opened games anyway. I don't shop at Gamestop and haven't for years, but I know the few times I've gone in for a game I can't find anywhere they have to grab one of the open cases off the wall. Which I've come to believe is just their used game (sold at new prices) storage area. But that's neither here nor there. We all know their customary practices which apparently droves of people don't care about.

I guess I just find it ironic that a company who deceptively sells used and opened games at new prices, which are always the "last one we have in stock", would refuse a customer who is returning games within the companies guidelines.

Again, if you're returning a bunch of games, aren't these just more open games they can put on the display wall and sell at new prices? You're basically opening the game for them and saving them time. And they can make $60 every time they sell it.

I gotta give it to Gamestop, they are one scumbag company, but they are geniuses to take advantage of all the window licking consumers who don't understand how to make a company treat them fairly. Maybe the Gamestop employees could come over to your houses and play the games for you too while you hunch in a corner and chew on some nickels.

There's definitely some hostility deserved towards over-zealous manager types that try to bend the rules of GameStop to where they see fit. They have a "policy" for a reason. The manager could refuse to do something that the policy specifically gives you the right to do (i.e. return a used game before the 7 day window is up). What most customers don't realize is that it is SO easy to go over the store manager's head by calling the corporate number and speaking to someone there. 9 times out of 10 they'll MAKE the store manager hold up to the corporate policy and allow the return.

Generally, if I ever have to make a return, especially for something video game related, I failed epically before the initial purchase and didn't do my homework before hand. If you are using the GS as a free Blockbuster-type-rental-store then its hard to really give you any sympathy. If you were really just making uninformed decisions then it sounds more like laziness to me.

1 or 2 games returned for laziness in a 3 month period is understandable. anything more than that I really don't think you can complain

I never said I was entitled. I made the example of me trading in games because this dude thinks all I do is return games which is total bullshit. If they told me I couldn't return a game, I wouldn't dispute it. He was just being a total dick and using his position of power to try to belittle me and make himself feel good.

[quote name='explorer1990']Why would Gamestop give a crap? All they do is sell opened games anyway. I don't shop at Gamestop and haven't for years, but I know the few times I've gone in for a game I can't find anywhere they have to grab one of the open cases off the wall. Which I've come to believe is just their used game (sold at new prices) storage area. But that's neither here nor there. We all know their customary practices which apparently droves of people don't care about.

I guess I just find it ironic that a company who deceptively sells used and opened games at new prices, which are always the "last one we have in stock", would refuse a customer who is returning games within the companies guidelines.

Again, if you're returning a bunch of games, aren't these just more open games they can put on the display wall and sell at new prices? You're basically opening the game for them and saving them time. And they can make $60 every time they sell it.

I gotta give it to Gamestop, they are one scumbag company, but they are geniuses to take advantage of all the window licking consumers who don't understand how to make a company treat them fairly. Maybe the Gamestop employees could come over to your houses and play the games for you too while you hunch in a corner and chew on some nickels.[/QUOTE]
I think you might be over exaggerating a little bit, or have never taken a business course. A simple observation of supply and demand shows they have a pretty good business model.

Sure, as CAG's we curse their terrible TIV's for our beloved games, but we jizz with stackable codes and B2G1 sales. We gloat when we get good deals, but in reality, Gamestop's business model is set up to just make you think you got a good deal. They still made a profit off your interaction in the store (except for OP, who thinks it's a Blockbuster video).

The video game industry is a crazy one and Gamestop's ability to almost control the value of used videogames is a mere statement of their power within the gaming industry. While we don't have to like their pricing, we should admire their business model and tons of money they are raking in.

[quote name='ducci101']I never said I was entitled. I made the example of me trading in games because this dude thinks all I do is return games which is total bullshit. If they told me I couldn't return a game, I wouldn't dispute it. He was just being a total dick and using his position of power to try to belittle me and make himself feel good.[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to return games. That's kinda the beauty of buying used and holding onto your receipt.

There are quite a few GS managers that tend to take their job way too seriously in all the wrong ways. Normally, building a decent repore with the manager can supersede some of those negative behaviors.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']You are entitled to return games. That's kinda the beauty of buying used and holding onto your receipt.

There are quite a few GS managers that tend to take their job way too seriously in all the wrong ways. Normally, building a decent repore with the manager can supersede some of those negative behaviors.[/QUOTE]

Every other employee at that store greets me by my first name when I walk into the store, I go there almost everyday just to bullshit with these people cause I've known them for so many years, except for this one dude , and he isn't this way just to me. I've seen him talk down to other customers as well, he's a young kid who thinks his power is something to marvel at.

Yea, you'll get that at GS, but its the nature of the beast. The "power trip" thing some have going on there is laughable. As if joining the GS elite some how entitles them to act like more of a D-bag.

I'd go to another store. I've done that twice now.

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']I think you might be over exaggerating a little bit, or have never taken a business course. A simple observation of supply and demand shows they have a pretty good business model.

Sure, as CAG's we curse their terrible TIV's for our beloved games, but we jizz with stackable codes and B2G1 sales. We gloat when we get good deals, but in reality, Gamestop's business model is set up to just make you think you got a good deal. They still made a profit off your interaction in the store (except for OP, who thinks it's a Blockbuster video).

The video game industry is a crazy one and Gamestop's ability to almost control the value of used videogames is a mere statement of their power within the gaming industry. While we don't have to like their pricing, we should admire their business model and tons of money they are raking in.[/QUOTE]

I must be over exaggerating, because I have a degree in Business Management and work as an an accountant.

I never attacked their business model, i actually think it genius. But I do question their treatment of customers as morons. But if we, as consumers, continue to accept this treatment, then by all means they should continue to sell/buy/trade accordingly.

Again, it doesn't affect me at all, since I choose not to shop there. I have patience and can wait until I read on CAG that there's a sale or clearance of a game I've wanted at a retail store where I can purchase said game with the confidence I will get a NEW game at, more than likely, a cheaper price than the same game being sold as used(or "new") at Gamestop.

Too many consumers have the attitude "Well, it's the only place in town to trade a game" or "I could get a couple quick bucks for a game I don't play anymore" or "Gamestops the shop for Hardcore gamers."

I just think there's much better ways to eliminate a middle-man (Gamestop) that could care less about you or your gaming needs. All they care about is your money, like every company, but as an informed consumer I can choose where I will get the MOST for that money.

I guess it is according on how many games you trade in over a year I own a video game store and I hate when people do that because it is basicly a free rental you can play it beat it then return it for a full refund and I think that is wrong. But gamestops return policy clearly states you can return within 7 days with reciept and game so there shouldn't of been a problem.

i never returned a game i beat. but i will return a game i buy within a 7 day window that i barely played. for this dude to think i bought halo reach to beat the single player mode in less than 24 hours is asinine

^Sadly, its a failing business model though as they make most of there money during christmas now, they won't last forever.

As a previous employee and Customer I can tell you this is a situation of a shit company, a shit employee and a shit customer. Everyone did something wrong here.

The main reason this guy was a douche about the return is because is company makes him that way. He gets treated badly by his superiors and over time he turns into this monster that is so concerned about his percentages for pre orders and subscriptions that he can't help but treat customers without respect.

He did wrong though telling this guy he basically can't return anything. I don't know about this blacklist bs (he probably made this up) but I'd never tell a customer they couldn't return anything even if they are a clepto-manic. Don't get me wrong, I wait for the day these customers are a day late on there reciept and politely turn there ass down very happily (because I won in this situation). But he should have keep it to himself and his other employees. People Rob gamestop nowadays, they don't need assault too.

As for the customer, come on dude you know your wrong, you've very obviously done this enough to this guy to piss him off and its not unwarranted. I don't have a name for people who hang out around gamestop but its something of a manga cow and if your not funny or cool and its basically very awkward and annoying for the employees for you to be coming around so often (not saying that you are one but take hint if you are).

So in the end, don't go into gamestop anymore, use amazon instead.

You have the right to take advantage of their policies.

They have the right to stop doing business with you.

Neither side should be whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back