Amazon's lousy promo credit refund policy/awesome customer service

bsmiff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
Figured I'd take the chance to share this instance of Amazon frustration and relief with you guys to spread awareness of a sort-of-lame policy, as I was not aware of it!

I ordered a :360: wireless headset for $29.99 last month, $20 of which was paid automatically by my promo credit for pre-ordering NFS:HP.

The headset arrived and sounded like crap, even compared to my old wired headset. The audio was very garbled despite following the manual's recommendations. On top of that, as a glasses wearer the thing was very uncomfortable around my ear.

I sent it back expecting the $9.99 I paid out of pocket to be refunded to my card, and the $20 credit to be dropped back into my Amazon account. Wrong! Amazon's refund policy doesn't cover ANY promo credits whatsoever.

I shot them an email explaining my frustration and they emailed back promptly saying that ALL promo credits are treated like coupons, not to be refunded in any way. Thankfully, in true Amazon style the rep hooked me up with a fresh $20 credit.

I'm sure plenty of you are aware of this policy, but I sure wasn't--so make sure you blow your promo credits on stuff you're sure you'll keep.

your lucky you got your cash back.. its been like that for years.. any money you got on a promo once its used its USED no refunds on promo credits

Amazon typically does right by the customer. It's one reason I visit their site just about every day. I rarely look at other stores because of how well I've been treated. It's a little crappy that you don't automatically get refunded the credit, but if memory serves me, Best Buy has crappy credits of their own, at least with RZ. Short expiration dates, autodistribution of certificates to prevent long term stacking, and the fact that you have to spend the entire amount at one time or lose the remaining balance (which generally means you have to spend extra).

Glad they helped you out though.

bread's done
Back