Private ebay feedback?

Gycot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8177600646

Thats just cruel, the highest bidder right now has his feedback as "private". and of course it has to be on the guy who has had 9 negs in the last 6 months so i can't see if he calls wolf and says he never receives a package. nuts.

oh well, i guess ill just have to get delivery confirmation.....still, can anyone think of why ebay would even allow this practice? i admit I dont ebay up a storm, but in the last few years this is the first time i have ever seen this. it seems like this should be in the user agreement, that if ebay lets you play on their site you have to play by their rules and let people read the feedback

EDIT- and with all the deals going on with CC and BB, he is crazy overpaying, thus making me twice as paranoid.

Well if he does with and you do get paid, just pay the extra $1.50 for signature confirmation. It will hurt but it's a lot better than being out $20.

i scanned a bunch of completed auctions, and it seems that he likes to sell a lot of avon products and buy perfume and handbags (thus questioning my overuse of the pronoun "he")

so the only flag in my head is that "he" just started getting into gamecube games...but you are right, no reason to really hold it against the guy. hell, if he pays, i can always get the insurance and authentification just to cover my ass. and if he doesnt...well, i still have to game to repost.

[quote name='Owen']He could have just bought a bunch of those 1 cent recipe text guides to build up the positives.[/quote]

That gives me an idea... :twisted:

I kid, I kid.

I believe eBay lets you make your feedback private to kind of give them an out if you claim someone has commited slander/libel/etc against you with their feedback, but you don't have an actual court order to get the feedback removed. You can simply make your feedback private while you are in the process of having the feedback mediated or getting the court order.

In reality I'd guess 99% of the time it's just someone who wants to cover up a bunch of embarrasing negs.

I hate bidders who have private feedback. I've never seen a person with private feedback that has 100% feedback. They are obviously hiding *something*. :?

But as Trakan said, always use delivery confirmation. It's really cheap, too. I use it on everything I ship, regardless if I am wary of the buyer or not.

2 days later and no word from the buyer yet. not only that, but the day after he won my auction, he won another guy's auction for the exact same thing but cheaper. Now thats CLASSY :)

Ouch, that sucks. Not much you can do but wait until 7 days pass and then start the NPB process. I hate NPBers :(

bread's done
Back