Newegg.com Demon's Soul $14.99 Free shipping

[quote name='roymustang']They show the black cover, I wonder what the chances of getting that original version is. Probably GH version though...[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how the ESRB on the box is "RP" I'd say you have a great chance at being correct.

I keep wanting to get this, but I'm not sure if the controller can withstand the torque created by the frustration level that this game apparently seems to cause; I only have two Dual shock 3s!

I really want to get one, especially at this price, but I cannot stand the Greatest Hits cases and artwork. I'd love to know which version they are shipping.

I think it would be safer to assume that you'll get the version I've seen in stores lately, Red Case with Greatest Hits on the artwork.

The one I received yesterday from Amazon Warehouse Deals Used, Like New was the original case/artwork.

[quote name='sonicradiation']I keep wanting to get this, but I'm not sure if the controller can withstand the torque created by the frustration level that this game apparently seems to cause; I only have two Dual shock 3s![/QUOTE]

On your first playthrough the game shouldn't be hard at all. Get it, its worth every penny. The experience is priceless as good games are few and far between these days, and this game is beyond that.

at this point i'm just going to wait for their next title :lol:

there is no time to play this type of game right now for me, good deal or not.

[quote name='Darrith']Definitely worth it. And at least the PS3 GH cases aren't nearly as ugly as the 360 PH.[/QUOTE]

Actually they're much worse

360 PH box arts were fixed a long time ago, they don't have border around them anymore.

And the 360 PH gray case color and cover art bar is far less annoying than the PS3 GH bright red.

[quote name='boylover']Actually they're much worse

360 PH box arts were fixed a long time ago, they don't have border around them anymore.

And the 360 PH gray case color and cover art bar is far less annoying than the PS3 GH bright red.[/QUOTE]

Sony has since moved away from using red cases on their newest GH games. Now they just modify the cover art and disc art to include the "Greatest Hits" logo while leaving the color of the plastic case alone.

This is a great game, any of you hesitating over the difficulty should go for it. The first playthrough is fairly easy as long as you are careful and don't try to simply run through each level. At $15 this is a steal.

[quote name='boylover']Actually they're much worse

And the 360 PH gray case color and cover art bar is far less annoying than the PS3 GH bright red.[/QUOTE]

Someone's opinion on a forum is wrong, oh no!

[quote name='KillaHoe']better grab this asap heard there shutting down server on March...[/QUOTE]

Servers were extended until October. I find the online to be the only fun part about this game now that I've used every weapon and spell and made many different character builds. When there's no more invasion, I shall be done with the game.

I really like this game. Best to get it now while the servers are guaranteed to be up for at least 10 months. The game is different without ghost and souls to help you. Oh and the black phantoms won't be there to fight you but some people don't like being invaded.

[quote name='Lucian']Alright, in for 1. What happens when the servers go offline anyway?[/QUOTE]
The player generated hint system (any player can write a MSG on the floor using pre-provided words in order to point out shortcuts, treasures, dangers etc.) ends, bloodstains which replay the death of other players ends, and the ability to coop and PVP ends.

Basically all the features listed in this publisher created video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14_OICVhKIQ

[quote name='Lucian']Alright, in for 1. What happens when the servers go offline anyway?[/QUOTE]

I played most of my first play through offline - online is fun (and probably makes the game easier, but I haven't encountered any player Black Phantoms yet), but it's hardly essential.

Fun game, though.

bread's done
Back