I earned enough Amazon giftcards on SwagBucks to pay for Pokemon White

KillerQueen87

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
Earned so far: $40 in Amazon Gift Cards

Click the banner so I get a referral!

I not usually one to sign up for sites that promise free prizes but require you to sign up for offers that ask for your credit card. After hearing some good things about SwagBucks, I gave it a whirl, and I'm very pleased with my experience.

Many prizes are available, though Amazon giftcards are probably the most popular prizes there, starting at 450 points for a $5 gift card.

Easy 5 points a day: Vote in the Daily Poll, click thru NOSO offer (UPDATE: this is now worth 2 points; don't need to sign up for any offers, won't get you any extra if you do), look at the Trusted Surveys (will need to be registered for a few days), and if you have the toolbar installed you'll get another point

Search & Win: Randomly receive points as you do searches. Usually I get 8 or 10, but once I got 50! Most people seem to win 3 or 4 times per day. Fridays are MegaSwagBucks Days where the odds are higher that you will get 10 or more each time.

SwagBucks TV: UPDATED Watch videos, and once the progress bar reaches 100%, earn 3 points. The bar goes up by 10% per video. I've recently got "interactive ads" in the middle of videos that won't progress until you interact with it, so just letting the videos play to earn points won't always work. There's also a popup box that shows up every 15 minutes or so to prevent people from letting the page run all day. Apparently the limit is 25 wins per day, though I never got close to that.

Special Offers: Complete the offers, earn points. Some offers are as simple as watching a video. Others will require more information or a purchase. One offer is to start a Netflix trial (first-timers only) and earn over 500 points, so this would be good for people who were planning to do that anyway. I don't usually do any offers that require me to give them personal information and I've never done an offer that required a purchase.

Trusted Surveys: It's hard to find one that you will qualify for (or one that hasn't reached its quota), but most will pay upwards of 50 points. And if you don't qualify or if the survey reached its quota, you'll be entered for a drawing of 1,000 points.

SwagCodes: Occasionally a limited time code will be released where you can earn some easy points. The easiest way to know when a code is out is to go to the SwagBucks Facebook page. If you see a lot of people saying "Thanks TSG/TSGal" then a code is out. Usually people will give hints to where a code is: usually on the blog, in a Facebook or Twitter update, or sometimes exclusively to people who have the toolbar installed. Once you have a code you can enter it on the front page.

Games: You will earn 2 points after playing a few games, up to 5 times a day. There are also tournaments that you can buy in to earn more points if you win - I haven't done any tournaments yet.

Shop & Earn: This is a bit hidden: On the main page on the top bar click More and then Even More to find Shop & Earn. You can earn 2 points for every $1 spent at many online retailers, including Best Buy, iTunes, Target, and Walmart. I've only done this once where I made a purchase from Best Buy and it took about 30 days to credit in my account. (Apparently the turn around time to get your points is the store's return policy window.)

There are many other ways to earn points, which you find on the website.

Last edited by a moderator:
180 videos and you get a $5 amazon card lol
Nice guide though!
I have the toolbar installed - how do I claim my 1 point per day?

If you have the toolbar installed you should get the 1 point as soon as you open your browser as long as you're logged in on the toolbar. If you didn't get it at that moment: log in and a pop up should say you got it.

They changed SwagBucksTV in that the meter now goes up a random increment (the blog said anywhere from 1% to 20%). I'll reflect that change in the first post.

EDIT:
SwagBucksTV is now back to the 5% system due to problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered another $5 giftcard last week, working on another one. Keep in mind that most of my points I get are from the search wins, SwagBucksTV, codes, etc. I don't like the special offers too much as a lot of them require a purchase or ask for a lot of personal information. I did get to complete a survey on Saturday though - 50 SwagBucks!

The time input vs reward on this seems terrible. 2 months for $30...which I could make in less than 2 hours

I've redeemed for two more giftcards since I last bumped this thread. And Amazon giftcards paid the entirety of my Pokemon White preorder. I love getting games for free. I added a section on Shop & Earn.

[quote name='typical guy']toolbars = spyware[/QUOTE]

The Swag Bucks toolbar is not required to use the site. If you don't install it all that you're missing out on are the daily 1 point and possibly some Swag Codes. Not a big loss.

[quote name='spedmunki']The time input vs reward on this seems terrible. 2 months for $30...which I could make in less than 2 hours[/QUOTE]

And so can I, but keep in mind that I rarely do the special offers beyond videos, so my earning is a bit slow. I just see the gift cards I get on here as a way to make a little dent on my Amazon purchases, since the actual money I get at my work is going towards school loans, car, and other bills. And I waste time on the internet anyway, so why not get some giftcards while doing so? :lol:

bread's done
Back