Bionic commando re-armed (psn) $4.99 (reg. price $9.99) & psn update week of 01/03/11

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
Best deal of the bunch this week:
Bionic commando re-armed (psn) $4.99 (reg. price $9.99) for ps3

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/04/playstation-store-update-171/

There are also some notable brick-breaking deals. Magic orbz extreme bundle ($7). I got this game and the expansion pack bundle in the last sale. It's great but not in the same league as shatter. Ricochet hd debuts at $7.99 (reg price $9.99) and there's a demo as well. good, cuz i've never heard of it b4.

Here's the rest:

PlayStation Plus

Featured Games

Lead & Gold: Gangs for the Wild West (Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $14.99)
Spyro the Dragon (Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $5.99)
Pipe Madness – Minis (Free and exclusive for PlayStation Plus Subscribers)

Discounted Games & DLC

MX vs. ATV Reflex PSP (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $15.00, regular price $29.99)
Tom Clancy: H.A.W.X. 2 – All In One Pack (25% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.49, regular price $9.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

Underwater Disco Theme (Free for PlayStation Plus members, regular price $1.49)
Rival School Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus members for $1.99)

Updates

Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #1 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #2 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional Character Colors #3 – Sale (PS3) (now $2.49, original price $4.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-C – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-K – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Additional System Voice Type-M – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Makoto Additional Playable Character – Sale (PS3) (now $4.49, original price $7.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Unlock All Unlimited Characters – Sale (PS3) (now $3.49, original price $5.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Unlock Playable Character Mu – Sale (PS3) (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
Blazblue: Continuum Shift – Valkenhayn R Hellsing – Sale (PS3) (now $4.49, original price $7.99)
Cuboid – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Interpol – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Magic Orbz – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Magic Orbz Extreme Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $7.79, original price $12.99)
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Sky Fighters – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Smash Cars – Sale (PS3) (now $8.99, original price $14.99)
Wakeboarding HD Dynamic Theme Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Hamsterball – Sale (PS3) (now $5.99, original price $9.99)
Super Stacker Party – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $6.99)
Topatoi – Sale (PS3) (now $3.99, original price $7.99)
Topatoi Bundle – Sale (PS3) (now $6.99)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed – Sale (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $13.99)
Uno PSP – Sale (PSP) (now $0.99, original price $7.99)
Wheel of Fortune – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $14.99)
101-In-1 Megamix – Permanent Price Drop (PSP) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $14.99)
GTI Club Supermini Festa! – Permanent Price Drop (PSP) (now $14.99, original price $29.99)
Superstars V8 Racing – Permanent Price Drop (PS3) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
Downloadable Games

MicroBot ($9.99)
Pilot a prototype cutting-edge MicroBot that has the capability to be customized and upgraded mid-mission in order to cure the infected host. Improve your weaponry, movement, defensive options and special attacks using data fragments harvested from eradicated enemies. Travel through blood, bone, breath and brain as you track down and eradicate the cause of the infection. But are you the ultimate cure…or the disease?
ESRB Rated E
File size: 148 MB

TETRIS ($9.99)
THE AWARD WINNING BLOCKBUSTER – ALL NEW FOR PlayStation 3 system! Experience the boldest, most vibrant TETRIS ever with enhanced 1080P HD graphics, 5.1 Surround Sound, 6 multiplayer modes, and 3 brand new game modes that are exclusive to the PS3!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 70 MB

NEOGEO Station PS3 Bundle Pack ($79.99)
‘NEOGEO Station’ PlayStation3 system BUNDLE PACK – This PS3 Version Game Bundle features ten nostalgic NEOGEO classics any fan of SNK will surely enjoy: ALPHA MISSION II, ART OF FIGHTING, BASEBALL STARS PROFESSIONAL, FATAL FURY, LEAGUE BOWLING, MAGICIAN LORD, METAL SLUG, SAMURAI SHODOWN, SUPER SIDEKICKS, and THE KING OF FIGHTERS ’94.
ESRB Rated E – T
File size: 551 MB

Ricochet HD ($7.99) ** SPECIAL INTRODUCTARY OFFER Normally $9.99 **
Ricochet HD is an intense action game combining equal parts skill and strategy. With the most comprehensive feature set of any game in this genre, Ricochet HD’s dynamic and interactive brick busting levels reward strategic play while the arsenal of power-ups allows you to obliterate everything in your path. 150 dynamic multi-staged unlocking levels deliver hours of non-stop action.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 326 MB

Angry Birds – minis ($3.99) (also available from PSP Storefront)
The survival of the Angry Birds is at stake! Dish out revenge on the greedy pigs that stole the Angry Birds’ eggs. Use the unique destructive powers of each Angry Bird to lay waste to those pesky-pigs’ fortified castles.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 17 MB

PSone Classic

Reloaded ($5.99)
F.U.B. is back and not happy. Currently known as C.H.E.B., the evil mastermind is determined to turn the entire universe into twisted works of modern art. Download this PS one Classic today!
ESRB Rated M
File size: 144 MB

Arc the Lad III ($5.99)
Join Alec and friends on his quest to become a legendary Hunter and save the world from the Dark One. Download this PS one Classic today!
ESRB Rated T
File size: 622 MB

Last edited by a moderator:
lol i still can't believe they're charging $4 for frickin' angry birds. i think Snake (motorola razr edition) will debut next week at the low, low price of $9.99.

[quote name='cobaltD']That NEOGEO bundle pack is REDONKULOUSLY priced!!
....i'll probably get it.[/QUOTE]

It's 63.99 if you belong to Playstation Plus.

It's morally wrong for them to offer a bundle of Rival Schools avatars but not have the game available for PS3. They need to fix this now by releasing the DC version on PSN.

Was excited to see GTI Club but then bummed it was for PSP and not the PS3 version which has never gone on sale. Like the game but not enough to pay full price...

The rest of the update that the OP ignored:

PSP Games
Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign - $19.99 - 404 MB
Auditorium -$9.99 - 24 MB
Hot Shots Shorties - Blue Pack - $4.99 - 53 MB
Hot Shots Shorties - Red Pack - $4.99 - 90 MB
Hot Shots Shorties - Green Pack - $4.99 - 62 MB
Hot Shots Shorties - Yellow Pack - $4.99 - 52 MB
Hot Shots Shorties - Bundle Pack - $14.99 - 257 MB

PSP Minis
Family Games - $3.99 - 26 MB
M.O.Z.O.X. Space Salvager - $2.99 - 29 MB
Angry Birds - $3.99 - 17 MB

Though full-priced new releases aren't deals.

[quote name='argyle']It's morally wrong for them to offer a bundle of Rival Schools avatars but not have the game available for PS3. They need to fix this now by releasing the DC version on PSN.[/QUOTE]

What they need is an HD Project Justice...

There's a lot I'm thinking of getting this week - Angry Birds, 101 in 1 Megamix (loved the DS version), BC Rearmed, and Hot Shots Shorties.

No real PSP love this week from SCEA...what a surprise. I go on my PSP and go to the store to see the ONLY thing in Special Offers is UNO PSP for $1. There are so many older, good/decent PSP games they could've put on sale, but no.

[quote name='cobaltD']That NEOGEO bundle pack is REDONKULOUSLY priced!!
....i'll probably get it.[/QUOTE]

No trophies on the NEO GEO games is a fucking travesty. Not spending that kind of money on shit I already own (on AES and the neo geo collection for ps2/psp).

If they had trophy support I would probably buy them all. :bomb: LOVE Classic SNK games. SNKP... not so much.

So the games that are free for Playstation Plus members, like Spyro for instance, are those free for awhile, free as long as your a Plus subscriber, or just plain free with no strings attached ... well other than the Plus string.

[quote name='mitch079']It's 63.99 if you belong to Playstation Plus.[/quote]

but if you discontinued service of plus then what`ll happen? they`ll ask for difference or let you keep it .PS3 said you can enjoy games and benefits as long as you are plus member cuz all those games come as rentals and membership over game over.

[quote name='pythoncancer'][quote name='mitch079']It's 63.99 if you belong to Playstation Plus.[/quote]

but if you discontinued service of plus then what`ll happen? they`ll ask for difference or let you keep it .PS3 said you can enjoy games and benefits as long as you are plus member cuz all those games come as rentals and membership over game over.[/QUOTE]

Games that you pay money for are yours. The free games are subscription.

Does the Minis version of Angry Birds work on the PS3?
I would love to be able to play this on my TV as well as my PSP.

I just wanted to confirm this before I buy. Thx.

[quote name='flybrione']Does the Minis version of Angry Birds work on the PS3?
I would love to be able to play this on my TV as well as my PSP.

I just wanted to confirm this before I buy. Thx.[/QUOTE]

Yes, all minis work on ps3.

[quote name='token2k6']lets not get carried away, Tetris minis doesn't work..[/QUOTE]

Yeah thankfully that's the only exception. And it was only so they could do an HD version on PS3.

And for those complaining about the Angry Birds price, I believe that's cheaper than the IPad version and you can play it both on PS3 and PSP.

yeah, who is complaining about the Angry Birds price?!?! thats why i was like its the best deal of the week :lol: When it hit the web outlets, no one was saying it was a mini, the PS Blog barely made mention of it. When I realized it was a mini and I could play on both systems for the price of 1 download, I was super happy. See, I'm not hip like all you iStuff and Android guys, so now I finally have Angry Birds and two ways to play!!

Wasn't the BlazBlu DLC already on sale? or was that just on xbox?

Also are any of the DLC characters actually new ones? or are they all obtainable within the game? I see the word "unlock" and I assume it's just fast tracking being able to unlock the characters for the lazy/unskilled. I only have the first BlazBlu atm but I will be getting the new one so I want to snag the new character DLC while it's on sale.

Looking forward to trying out that Lead and Gold game. I hear it's an online only third person shooter set in the wild west, plays kinda like team fortress. Man, I love free Plus games :D

[quote name='token2k6']yeah, who is complaining about the Angry Birds price?!?! thats why i was like its the best deal of the week :lol: When it hit the web outlets, no one was saying it was a mini, the PS Blog barely made mention of it. When I realized it was a mini and I could play on both systems for the price of 1 download, I was super happy. See, I'm not hip like all you iStuff and Android guys, so now I finally have Angry Birds and two ways to play!![/QUOTE]

The post right below your first one was the one I was talking about.

Just a warning - people at GameFAQs are saying that the PSP version of Angry Birds has some bad slowdown. I got burned on the Zenonia PSP Mini (it also had slowdown and disappearing text), so I'm going to wait for some reviews first.

[quote name='Zbornak']Just a warning - people at GameFAQs are saying that the PSP version of Angry Birds has some bad slowdown. I got burned on the Zenonia PSP Mini (it also had slowdown and disappearing text), so I'm going to wait for some reviews first.[/QUOTE]

IDK man, I read all three of those topics on that board, and I finally got to play it on the PS3 last night and experienced no slow down whatsoever..I will admit that something gets lost in the translation b/t analog stick and touch screen. Perhaps it does need a little more fine tuning and some added mechanics to make it controller friendly..but I don't think minis can be patched..I will try it on my PSP Go for sure tonight when I get home.

any games with 3 or more offline multiplayer?

got Tetris, Castle Crashers and Bomberman Ultra in mind
wanted Dead Nation but it's only 2players..

[quote name='wilflare']any games with 3 or more offline multiplayer?

got Tetris, Castle Crashers and Bomberman Ultra in mind
wanted Dead Nation but it's only 2players..[/QUOTE]

TMNT and X-men should.

[quote name='Xenogears']If you dont have BC:rearmed you need it. This applies to everyone[/QUOTE]
QFT. This game is a steal for $5. They could have easily charged $15 for it, but only started it at $10. So good that I bought it on both PSN and XBL. Plus, it will be a good warm-up for the sequel which is coming soon!

[quote name='wilflare']tried the demo, didn't really enjoy it. especially x-men :/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's difficult to enjoy X-men without having some nostalgia for it. Then again, even if you did play it back in the day it can still get old rather quick.

[quote name='KneeKnee']No trophies on the NEO GEO games is a fucking travesty. Not spending that kind of money on shit I already own (on AES and the neo geo collection for ps2/psp).

If they had trophy support I would probably buy them all. :bomb: LOVE Classic SNK games. SNKP... not so much.[/QUOTE]

What what? No trophies? What what? NO THANKS!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wasn't the BlazBlu DLC already on sale? or was that just on xbox?

Also are any of the DLC characters actually new ones? or are they all obtainable within the game? I see the word "unlock" and I assume it's just fast tracking being able to unlock the characters for the lazy/unskilled. I only have the first BlazBlu atm but I will be getting the new one so I want to snag the new character DLC while it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

The first Blazblue sale was only for the Xbox.

The characters Makoto and Valkenhayn R Hellsing are indeed new characters. They also do not show the word "unlock".

I've yet to play it, so this is just what I read. To unlock all the unlimited characters is supposed to be ridiculously hard for some of the characters that you do not use or are good with.

However, unlocking Mu is probably for the lazy/unskilled. Or rather, many players just want to play against people, so they do not want to take the time to play through the story with every character and get the true ending. Some don't care for the story. If it is anything like the first game, you had to go through different paths, so it would have taken a lot of time for those that just want to compete.

[quote name='token2k6']IDK man, I read all three of those topics on that board, and I finally got to play it on the PS3 last night and experienced no slow down whatsoever..I will admit that something gets lost in the translation b/t analog stick and touch screen. Perhaps it does need a little more fine tuning and some added mechanics to make it controller friendly..but I don't think minis can be patched..I will try it on my PSP Go for sure tonight when I get home.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know how it works-- I'm really leaning towards picking up Angry Birds but mostly for PSP play and am really curious how it plays since there are very few "real" reviews out there... but hearing about slowdown is a disappointment since there's no reason it should be there.

Any chance Bionic Commando also works on a PSP? I have it on XBLA but for $5 it would be fun to play on both PS3 and my new PSP.

I got bionic commando and that shit is fucking fun. Capcom always makes my favorite games.

I wanted tetris but $10 is a bit much. I doubt they will ever have a sale for a game like tetris.

[quote name='bengalboy']Any chance Bionic Commando also works on a PSP? I have it on XBLA but for $5 it would be fun to play on both PS3 and my new PSP.[/QUOTE]

The only games that do this are certain PSPminis and most (all?) PSOne Classics.

[quote name='bengalboy']Any chance Bionic Commando also works on a PSP? I have it on XBLA but for $5 it would be fun to play on both PS3 and my new PSP.[/QUOTE]

Works with remote play, not a very pleasant experience though.

[quote name='Zbornak']Just a warning - people at GameFAQs are saying that the PSP version of Angry Birds has some bad slowdown. I got burned on the Zenonia PSP Mini (it also had slowdown and disappearing text), so I'm going to wait for some reviews first.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version is having slowdown issues as well. My PSP 1000 locks up if I turn off the PSP for an extended period of time (so far more than 1 hour) while playing the game and I have to hard shut down the PSP to get out. Could be a problem with the PSP itself, but this wasn't a prob before AB's and no other game is having this problem now.

[quote name='Justin42']Please let us know how it works-- I'm really leaning towards picking up Angry Birds but mostly for PSP play and am really curious how it plays since there are very few "real" reviews out there... but hearing about slowdown is a disappointment since there's no reason it should be there.[/QUOTE]

Transfered it to my PSP Go with a USB cable thru the PS3 (first time I've ever done that) and booted up the game. Played the first 3 levels and noticed NO slow down at all. Then I tried toggling the views with L & R triggers and that just made it all weird, like where the camera would sit (so I don't recommend doing that..) But yeah, I enjoyed it..its $4 bucks! just skip lunch or something, its well worth the $$.

[quote name='AoA']The PS3 version is having slowdown issues as well. My PSP 1000 locks up if I turn off the PSP for an extended period of time (so far more than 1 hour) while playing the game and I have to hard shut down the PSP to get out. Could be a problem with the PSP itself, but this wasn't a prob before AB's and no other game is having this problem now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah still no slow down for me after I cleared 10 more levels on the PS3 yesterday..as for the PSP, I wonder if its only certain models. I did not try shutting my Go, putting it to sleep or internally pausing the game to memory, guess I'll be trying all that tonight. Also, I'm using a PS3 Slim fresh off the line from the Gran Turismo bundle..

bread's done
Back