Does Gamestop Price Match?

defaultuser

CAG Veteran
This evening, I made my way over to the closest Gamestop to purchase one of the $99 PSP Go systems. Upon my arrival back at my house, I noticed the charger/PSP will not, well, work. I can't charge it and know that I can return it tomorrow because I'm within my 7 days. However, they were out of other used PSP Go systems, and quite frankly I don't want to play roulette on another used system. Radioshack (in the physical flyer) advertises the PSP Go for $149 new. If I returned the broken system I just bought tonight and spoke with the manager, do you believe they would match the RS price as a customer satisfaction courtesy (I do have the flyer)? Thank you in advance for your help.

Nope Gamestop does not price match, unless you are really good friends with the manager and he can pull some strings to give you some abnormal percentage off ....that a Hell No from gamestop sorry bud. bestbuy, walmart, target, kmart, and i think toys r us do price match though

[quote name='cheko']Nope Gamestop does not price match, unless you are really good friends with the manager and he can pull some strings to give you some abnormal percentage off ....that a Hell No from gamestop sorry bud. bestbuy, walmart, target, kmart, and i think toys r us do price match though[/QUOTE]

Kmart does not and I don't think Toys R Us does either.

Kmart does price match because Kmart is owned by sears now, sear brought them out a long time ago. Im not sure about toys r us i thought i was pretty confident that they do but i may be mistaken ....point is gamestop does not that a definate

Actually, it was Kmart that bought Sears...they changed the merged companies name to "Sears Holdings" but it was pretty much Kmart's capital buying Sears's name recognition.

[quote name='gargus']Gamestop stores wont even price match their own website, let alone anyone else.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that a game was $5 less on the website when I was shopping at Gamestop. The employee told me that it's an online only price, but ended up giving me that price because they were sold out online. So, it's no totally out of the question (but it was only $5.)

OP - even though they don't typically price match, it doesn't hurt to ask. I highly doubt that they'll give you a $50 discount on a new one, though.

If your local Radio Shack has them in stock, I think the easiest thing to do would be to return the broken one and buy a new one at Radio Shack.

maybe if you explain it to the gamestop manager they might switch it out, they sold you a defective piece after all.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']If K-Mart does not price match then it's a new thing, because when I worked there they pricematched.[/QUOTE]

Yah, same. I've had success with pricematching at Kmart before.

Kmart's official policy is that they don't pricematch. They haven't for a while now.

A company that Kmart owns, Sears, does pricematch. It's possible that in Sears/Kmart combo stores, they pricematch, and that is what some people are referencing.

bread's done
Back