20. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - NES
21. Resident Evil - PSX
22. Super Mario RPG - SNES
23. Sonic The Hedgehog - SEGA
24. Gauntlet - ARCADE
25. Tomb Raider - PSX

My favorites are Castlevania: SOTN, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario RPG

Add additions or subtractions???

I left out the original Zelda since I felt Wind Waker was a snazzier and more inclusive update of the classic. The funny thing is despite all of my Nintendo selections, I never even owned an NES.

[quote name='FireUltima']Chrono Cross's "Scars of Time"[/quote]

I'll second that.

I'll also add the Gerudo Valley theme from Ocarina of Time (especially the version from the Hyrule Symphony album).

super mario bros is absolutely the most classical tune for me of all time. i have it as a ringtone on my cell phone. aside from that the tunes that i most often recall are from contra, street fighter 2, ninja turtles theme song, and metal gear solid 1 and 2.

Mega Man X4 has one of the most underrated sound tracks of all time. Also have to give props to the main themes in MGS2 and Kingdom Hearts.

Wow, there are a lot to choose from. In my list I would certainly include the following games....

NES
Castlevania
Castlevania II
Castlevania III
Contra
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Journey to Silius
Batman
DuckTales
Ninja Gaiden

SNES
Super Castlevania IV
Secret of Mana
F-Zero

Genesis
Revenge of Shinobi
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2

Playstation
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Agreed. Sephiroth's One Winged Angel theme was one of the most memorable (as was Aerith's theme from FFVII.) However, my vote would have to go to the ending credit theme for Tekken2. I still pull that out to listen to it from time to time.

Yeah, the music from Final Fantasy VII is amazing. I listen to mostly hip hop, but I love just chillin out sometimes and listening to music from the game.

Any list that does not include "The One Who Stole the Stars" from Chrono Cross and "June Mermaid" from Xenogears is ass-backwards.

And I thought the best tune from Contra was the Snowfield level - that was badass.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

"Any list that does not include "The One Who Stole the Stars" from Chrono Cross and "June Mermaid" from Xenogears is ass-backwards."

What if it were a list for worst music in a game? Still be backwards??

[quote name='MightySlacker']And I thought the best tune from Contra was the Snowfield level - that was badass.[/quote]

It's killer, but I like "Waterfall" better myself.

I may be missing something (only played FF 7 once and all I know about "One Winged Angel" is the whole thing about his mom doing his dirty work for him at Target...ah, good times...but I digress), but I'm amazed nobody has put the title song for FF3 (Super Nintendo "American" FF3) on here yet.

I may be missing something (only played FF 7 once and all I know about "One Winged Angel" is the whole thing about his mom doing his dirty work for him at Target...ah, good times...but I digress), but I'm amazed nobody has put the title song for FF3 (Super Nintendo "American" FF3) on here yet.

These are games, not the songs themsevles.

This is pretty much from the Top 11 feature I did from my website a while back, but it fits here. I'm just going to put the titles down, and not the other things I wrote about it. Takes up too much space.

11- Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
10- Star Fox
9- Mega Man 2
8- Silent Hill
7- Super Mario Bros.
6- Jet Grind Radio
5- Tetrisphere
4- Super Metroid
3- Chrono Trigger
2- Chrono Cross
1- Ridge Racer Type 4

super mario bros. 3, f-zero, and elite force (PC game, but if the PS2 port had the same theme it should count, right?)

bread's done
Back