Gamestop: Used PS2 (any style) Consoles now $39.99.(online/B&M) Online Bundles 49.96.

Why would you want a system with the power supply built right into it? The PS3 slim is like that and after a 2-3 hour gaming session you could grill a toasted cheese sandwich on the back corner of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why would you want a system with the power supply built right into it? The PS3 slim is like that and after a 2-3 hour gaming session you could grill a toasted cheese sandwich on the back corner of it.[/QUOTE]

which ps3 slim do you have?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why would you want a system with the power supply built right into it? The PS3 slim is like that and after a 2-3 hour gaming session you could grill a toasted cheese sandwich on the back corner of it.[/QUOTE]
Because there's never a bad time for a toasted cheese sandwich?

I really wouldn't order a used console from Gamestop, especially when you consider how crappy the condition of their "refurbished" online stock usually is.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']which ps3 slim do you have?[/QUOTE]
I have one of the early(as in just after they announced and started selling them) 120gb models and I have it out on top of a wooden table and not inside of an entertainment center or other confined space.

Same thing would happen to the 40gb model I had, except that got warm/hot in the lower part of the case.

I bought both brand new.
[quote name='bardockkun']Because there's never a bad time for a toasted cheese sandwich?[/QUOTE]
Good point. ;) I do love me some toasted cheese too.

[quote name='b1rdman']I bought a refurbed ps3 online, and it's pretty much perfect, even after more than a year.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can get perfect working used systems (I have in the past) but considering how fast game consoles seem to wear out nowadays and the fact that lots of people only trade-in their consoles when there's something wrong with it I would be willing to pony up the extra money and buy a new model. But that's just how I feel.

I recommend going to B&M to get your system. Online only sells Gamestop refurbs, which at GS have a pretty high failure rate. On top of that, they usually package their refurbs with off-brand controllers. If you want the games, you'll likely find them in the $2 bin in the store.

I know Sony wants the PS2 to be the B-52 of gaming consoles, but I'm holding out to get a new one at a discount at end of life. Somewhere between this and the current MSRP. It would just be for portable use, and a backup for my PS2 phat. I recall some great discounts on new Gamecubes when they rode off into the sunset. The PS2 section keeps shrinking at Best Buy and is nearly gone at Target. I'll wait it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gantt']I know Sony wants the PS2 to be the B-52 of gaming consoles, but I'm holding out to get a new one at a discount at end of life. Somewhere between this and the current MSRP. It would just be for portable use, and a backup for my PS2 phat. I recall some great discounts on new Gameboys when they rode off into the sunset. The PS2 section keeps shrinking at Best Buy and is nearly gone at Target. I'll wait it out.[/QUOTE]
I found a PSone slim with the LCD screen like 3 years ago at a Kmart right by my house for $15. I'm holding out for a $20-25 price for a PStwo.;)

Looks like I'm going to get a slim pretty soon. The "refurbished" PS2 I bought from Gamestop 2 years ago still works pretty good, but I'd like to have a backup.

Hell, $39.95 is cheaper than what I see on craigslist. And I can return it if it's bad. I guess I'll get 1 or 2 as a back-up units. The PS2 has such a great library. I can see myself playing at least once in a while down the road. Especially if console gaming continues on the "pc-style" drm path (or worse, OnLive :bomb:) they're heading down.

I sure wish that new PS2's were selling at the same prices new PS1's were selling at when the PS1 was at this stage of it's life. :cry:

Bumping this deal with a little info. When I went and got my PS2 from gamestop they also informed me that(not sure how long it lasts) but there would be a free year warranty on it :D, This is a great deal to get a slim console.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back