Castlevania:LoS $19.99 at Fry's for Ps3/Xbox360 (DEAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, it just occurred to me, is it 20 off $59.99, or is it 20 off $39.99? Because last I checked, they were still selling them at full price.

I live next to the place, so I have no problem if this deal doesn't pan out, but I figured we should get this cleared before others drive several towns down only to find out that it's $39.99.

[quote name='n1c0']Hmm, it just occurred to me, is it 20 off $59.99, or is it 20 off $39.99? Because last I checked, they were still selling them at full price.

I live next to the place, so I have no problem if this deal doesn't pan out, but I figured we should get this cleared before others drive several towns down only to find out that it's $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Its $39.99 with an instant $20 savings

Why is the PS3 version superior? Aside from no disc swap on the PS3, they're ALMOST identical.

I suppose if you had to choose, the PS3 version would be the one to go for. :)

[quote name='WilliamG']Why is the PS3 version superior? Aside from no disc swap on the PS3, they're ALMOST identical.

I suppose if you had to choose, the PS3 version would be the one to go for. :)[/QUOTE]

Its not often that the PS3 gets a superior version of a game but this time it did and I am damn sure going to get the superior version. The PS3 version has slightly better performance as well as no disc-swapping.

From the Digital Foundry comparison.

Nevertheless, for console owners with the luxury of choosing between the two SKUs, it's got to be the PlayStation 3 game that gets the nod. Both versions have somewhat variable performance, but on the Sony platform you get a few extra FPS in taxing situations and there is some extra zing to the controls. While the disc-swapping situation on 360 is hardly a massive bother, it's annoying that there is any at all when you have the game fully installed onto HDD, and the fact this is eliminated completely with the extra storage space of the Blu-ray on PS3 can only be a good thing.

"Extra zing to the controls" Wonder what they mean exactly. Are there some special control features i'm unaware of?

[quote name='Metalic']"Extra zing to the controls" Wonder what they mean exactly. Are there some special control features i'm unaware of?[/QUOTE]

I'm betting on the GOW similarity, since that is one reason I prefer those type of games on PS3.

[quote name='Metalic']"Extra zing to the controls" Wonder what they mean exactly. Are there some special control features i'm unaware of?[/QUOTE]

The comparison article basically states they are 100% identical except the PS3 has a tiny small advantage in framerate in some parts of the game & that affects Quick Time event in it's favor. That's all.

[quote name='Diebythesword']I'm betting on the GOW similarity, since that is one reason I prefer those type of games on PS3.[/QUOTE]

CV has been out ages before teh GOW series

In for 1 @ $25.02 for the Xbox 360 version.

Edit: PS3 has no Shipping options, wonder why.
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial][/FONT]

[quote name='CaoPi']CV has been out ages before teh GOW series[/QUOTE]
Congrats on missing the point of what he said

Anyway I hope Amazon matches this soon.

I sent the PM info to Amazon, would be all over this if the would ship the PS3 version.
Everyone hurry and submit it to amazon so they match it quicker

thanks OP! Look forward to playing this over the weekend, the demo was alright. And some members on the Joystiq podcasts drool all over this game (they've mentioned it on every podcast for the past 2 months!)

I plan on PMing this at Best Buy and picking up the PS3 version. Always did think the CE would be cool to own, but thats running out on shelves and still $70..don't think there'll be enough to hit clearance.

Noob question but I was wondering how or where do I submit a PM to Amazon? Like is there a tab on their site or a page ?

[quote name='joker______']Noob question but I was wondering how or where do I submit a PM to Amazon? Like is there a tab on their site or a page ?[/QUOTE]

ha, not too noobish! I've been looking for it for the past 10 mins, logged in, two browsers, I can't find any mention of it, unless you enter it as feedback at the bottom of the page. I think sometimes they offer the option, sometimes they don't..

[quote name='token2k6']ha, not too noobish! I've been looking for it for the past 10 mins, logged in, two browsers, I can't find any mention of it, unless you enter it as feedback at the bottom of the page. I think sometimes they offer the option, sometimes they don't..[/QUOTE]

LOL yea always wondered how to as well but I can never find it would've came handy last week the sly collection

[quote name='joker______']Noob question but I was wondering how or where do I submit a PM to Amazon? Like is there a tab on their site or a page ?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='token2k6']ha, not too noobish! I've been looking for it for the past 10 mins, logged in, two browsers, I can't find any mention of it, unless you enter it as feedback at the bottom of the page. I think sometimes they offer the option, sometimes they don't..[/QUOTE]

Look at the bottom of the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION section....

(
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?)

Awesome, I ordered 2. One for me, one for my friend as a late Christmas/B-Day gift.

Since I'm going back to California on business next week, hopefully they can hold it til I arrive.

[quote name='smokey6']Look at the bottom of the PRODUCT DESCRIPTION section....

(
Would you like to update product info, give feedback on images, or tell us about a lower price?)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Smokey

[quote name='joker______']Thanks Smokey[/QUOTE]

Not a problem, and thank you for taking the time to do it. I am really hoping for a quick amazon PM.

Sent a PM to Amazon. Is it possible to get the 360 version and take it un-opened to Walmart and switch for the PS3 version? Haven't pulled the old switcharoo at WM for awhile, not sure how strict they've gotten.

Hmm I just noticed that the limited edition has a soundtrack. I'm a sucker for soundtracks. :whistle2:k If I need an excuse to not spend money now, I guess I've got it.

Just so everyone knows - I wasted my time going through the frys.com ordering for the XBox 360 version and even though it shows in stock it would NOT let me order saying theres insufficient quanties - and I only ordered one!

I was willing to spend the $3 in shipping because I don't know when Amazon will match this/drops $20 everywheres. Thanks a lot Frys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back