Halo Reach Wireless Controller $28.96--Black Wireless Controller $24.96 @ walmart.com

[quote name='myka22']This doesn't have the new d-pad does it?[/QUOTE]
I comes with an avatar Prop I think.....

[quote name='myka22']This doesn't have the new d-pad does it?[/QUOTE]
no it doesn't but the new d-pad is annoying to say the least, a friend of mine has the silver controller with the new d-pad i didn't like it at all

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']no it doesn't but the new d-pad is annoying to say the least, a friend of mine has the silver controller with the new d-pad i didn't like it at all[/QUOTE]

Huh, good to know, the design did seem a little weird when I saw it.

[quote name='myka22']Huh, good to know, the design did seem a little weird when I saw it.[/QUOTE]
im actually glad the reach controller doesn't have the new d-pad

Thanks OP got one. Tried to get BB to PM, but they were OOS. Called local Wal-Mart and CS assured me they would PM. Got there and no PM.

From my experience Play & Charge dies in about 12 months of regular use. I switched to rechargeable batteries.

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks OP got one. Tried to get BB to PM, but they were OOS. Called local Wal-Mart and CS assured me they would PM. Got there and no PM.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem, couldn't get walmart to match their own online pricing ... wtf is up with that?

I used to work for walmart...They never pricematch online INCLUDING their own "site"...The website is owned by a different company...My manager explained that to me and how that worked with site to store but I forgot (don't really care)...They require a LOCAL ad for all their price matching.

[quote name='EarthKing']I used to work for walmart...They never pricematch online INCLUDING their own "site"...The website is owned by a different company...My manager explained that to me and how that worked with site to store but I forgot (don't really care)...They require a LOCAL ad for all their price matching.[/QUOTE]

I was unsure if that was still the policy, which is why I called. Luckily the guys in electronics were really nice about it (and I mean actually nice, not Wal-Mart nice). They offered to drop it to $49.99. I told them it was that price at BB anyway. The said they could probably beat that by a couple bucks, but not much else. They passed the message on to management that the CS desk was giving out bad info. Eventually, I used my phone to order from the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I was unsure if that was still the policy, which is why called. Luckily the guys in electronics were really nice about it (and I mean actually nice, not Wal-Mart nice). They offered to drop it to $49.99. I told them it was that price at BB anyway. The said they could probably beat that by a couple bucks, but not much else. They passed the message on to management that the CS desk was giving out bad info. Eventually, I used my phone to order from the parking lot.[/QUOTE]

That's sux...Atleast they offered something. That little rant was just a FYI. Ya I never won with CS (even at my old store)...I always had to fight with them when it came to returns...Oh well.

[quote name='100xp']holy crap, that's pretty sweet...anyone know if the silvery finish rubs off easily?[/QUOTE]

Yes, good price. You get an avatar item as well. My friend has the banshee and it is pretty cool as you control it with your Halo Reach controller.

Anyways, I bought the Halo Reach 360 Bundle, so I have 2 of these controllers and they work and feel great. I don't much like the glossy feel of others. This matte finish feels great in your hands and if you get sweaty hands, it sits pretty steady in your hands. I have had my bundle for what? Almost 4 months and it is not chipping, but I treat all my game stuff with the utmost care. Just backing up this deal on a good controller. :lol:

With this price, I almost bought another one, but I can't pull the trigger. I only need 2 at the most anyway, most of the time =p

[quote name='reddjoey']From my experience Play & Charge dies in about 12 months of regular use. I switched to rechargeable batteries.[/QUOTE]

THIS!!!

After taking extra care of my 360 PnC kit they died shortly after 10-11 months of play. I bought 2 blue battery packs on CAG awhile back for $11 and both of them were dead on arrival. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I recently bought a pack of Eneloops off of Amazon and they seem to work like a charm, and way cheaper than blowing through AA batteries or having a ridiculous cord in my living room, especially with my son getting old enough to walk here soon, that cord being out of the way will be a huge lifesaver.

[quote name='HydroX']THIS!!!

After taking extra care of my 360 PnC kit they died shortly after 10-11 months of play. I bought 2 blue battery packs on CAG awhile back for $11 and both of them were dead on arrival. Needless to say, I was pissed.

I recently bought a pack of Eneloops off of Amazon and they seem to work like a charm, and way cheaper than blowing through AA batteries or having a ridiculous cord in my living room, especially with my son getting old enough to walk here soon, that cord being out of the way will be a huge lifesaver.[/QUOTE]

My 2 kits died in less than a year. Sticking with rechargeables, they perform much better.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I've had the same p&c for 3 years and no problems (knock on wood)[/QUOTE]
me too, i got mines in 2007 and they still work like a charm

I don't have any interest in the controller, but I submitted it to Amazon as a lower price for you all. Hope you get Amazon to PM.

Everyone who is hoping for an Amazon match should be submitting a lower price report. Don't just hope for a PM, do your part to help make it happen. ;)

[quote name='eugaet']I don't have any interest in the controller, but I submitted it to Amazon as a lower price for you all. Hope you get Amazon to PM.

Everyone who is hoping for an Amazon match should be submitting a lower price report. Don't just hope for a PM, do your part to help make it happen. ;)[/QUOTE]

Submitted an Amazon price match for the Halo Reach controller. Already bought it through Walmart.com, but would rather purchase from Amazon as I have credit there.

Anyone looking for a price-match should follow eugaet's suggestion - find the "tell us about a lower price" link in the "Product Details" section of the product page on Amazon. Fill in the Walmart.com link, price and shipping cost - takes all of 20 seconds.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i just submitted amazon a price match, lets hope they do it for those who have credit there :)[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! :cool:

[quote name='waxHead']Awesome, thanks! :cool:[/QUOTE]
we ALL here to help :) i just did my part, if amazon price matches i'll put it on the thread title

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']we ALL here to help :) i just did my part, if amazon price matches i'll put it on the thread title[/QUOTE]

I ordered the walmart deal and put the suggestion to amazon. I hope for a amazon PM.:bouncy:

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']no it doesn't but the new d-pad is annoying to say the least, a friend of mine has the silver controller with the new d-pad i didn't like it at all[/QUOTE] When do you even use the d pad as main control besides using it to switch weapons? I never tried it but I'm pretty sure it's nothing to nitpick about. Just a useless feature.

I probably shouldn't, but since I only have one controller, it's not a bad idea A) if I ever have somebody over B) for local co-op achievement boosting if needed. Jumped on the Reach controller. Should maybe get the black one instead, but seeing how my other controller is white plus I have a white xbox, it just felt like a better fit, even if it is more expensive.

bread's done
Back