Best Buy: Fable III & AC: Brotherhood Collector's Edition clearnce priced.

fallenjedi

CAGiversary!
Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

Good find! If I didn't buy Fable 3 from Black Friday, I might have pick this up as I failed to find one at Target.

I don't know where you guys are, but my local BBs have been out of Fable 3 CEs since release week (same thing with the Blops Hardened and Prestige that were on sale last week). I would've been all over both of these deals if I could just find stores with stock. :bomb: They do have some AC:B CEs but $60 is still high for me. Also, where are you finding AC:B? My store has them on a high shelf over CS desk, which only adds to the hassle to price check.

I am speculating that this is chain wide simply because there is no special discount shown on the receipt. I could be wrong though.

thanks. i knew I was forgetting something. I saw these on sale on the 3rd when I picked up my psp and I forgot all about them :bomb:. At least the topic creator was on the ball, and didn't forget like I did.

Congrats to you TC :D

good find, i saw about 4 or 5 assassins creed and one lone copy of fable 3 that have been collecting dust at my best buy.

Great deal on Fable 3. I never understood why they had a Codex edition of AC:B for Europe, but not for the US. It looks amazing...sigh...

I've actually been to 5 different Best Buys this past weekend (Temecula, Murrietta, San Marcos, Oceanside, & Torrance), and I've only seen the Xbox 360 AC:B at the Temecula and Torrance stores. Temecula store priced checked at $99.99 (Sunday). All the stores had tons of PS3 copies though, and all easy to grab in the video game aisles. I was actually trying to find GT5 Collectors Edition, but haven't seen it at any store. I found Halo Reach Legendary clearanced for $52.50 at the Oceanside store. Fable III Collector's I only saw at the Torrance store. With the exception of Halo Reach, none of the games were marked with clearance labels. I just found an employee and had him check in the system. He was surprised, and even mentioned that he bought AC:B for full price and I reminded him that he could PM it...and he did walk over to customer service and got $40+ back. Good times all around!

Someone please post if PS3 version of AC:B is clearanced also. Saw a lonely one when i was looking for GT5 last week.

Saw ACB Collectors for 360 and PS3 for $59.99 at 2 Best Buys.
Tekken Wireless stick and game for $37.99 Ps3.

[quote name='fallenjedi']Stopped by the Torrance, CA Best Buy after work tonight and found that Fable III Limited Collector's Edition (BB sku 1036776) was priced at $29.99, while Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition (BB sku 1338007) was priced at $59.99. I think fellow CAGers were finding Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cheaper ($50), but I didn't want to chance missing out since almost every BB I've been to in the last 3 days never seemed to have the Xbox version in stock. Tons of PS3 versions but didn't confirm if they were also clearanced.

Maybe 6 copies left of Fable III, and 4 copies of AC: Brotherhood. Happy hunting!

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thats the Best Buy I go to! Thanks for the heads up, I'll check tomorrow morning.

The Monmouth junction NJ BB has had the Mafia 2 CE for $60 for some time with maybe 4-6 copies left maybe there clearances out too. It's not even listed on the website last time I looked.

I will check this weekend for the AC:B. Would rather have the jester in a box but oh well. Do the codes still work or are they to old?

ohhh torrance BB huh?? how many fable 3 ce's were there? I might go pick 2 up tomorrow! :D

thanks for the heads up by the way

edit: oh nevermind, just re-read what you said and found out haha thanks!

[quote name='sendme']I will check this weekend for the AC:B. Would rather have the jester in a box but oh well. Do the codes still work or are they to old?[/QUOTE]

Too old? The game came out a few months ago, I don't think you have to worry about that for awhile.

Are the clearanced video games store specific though? In other words, could AC: B still be 99.99 at certain stores maybe depending on stock? Also, on BB website, it still states 99.99.

[quote name='woodcan']Thank you and thanks OP.....hopefully this isn't YMMV[/QUOTE]
You're quite welcome. The same trick to find other items via a stock tracker works with most items.

Just replace the sku for the item you wanna find in the URL for another item of a similar type while on the stock locator page and hit enter to basically reload the locator and change to the deleted item's locator page.

Definitely YMMV. I went to BB the other day ago and they were still charging $80 for Fable 3 CE. And they had a ton of Halo CE's for $150 still. I guess they just don't do clearance at my store.

[quote name='Fearia']Definitely YMMV. I went to BB the other day ago and they were still charging $80 for Fable 3 CE. And they had a ton of Halo CE's for $150 still. I guess they just don't do clearance at my store.[/QUOTE]
Did you have them price checked or just notice the shelf tags and not bother? I ask because sometimes these clearance prices will ring up chainwide in the system and not be marked on the shelves.

Picked up AC:B PS3 when it was on sale for $34.99 and its still sealed. Is the collectors edition worth $25 more ( or $20 more if I can use 10% off coupon) if its marked down at my BB?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Did you have them price checked or just notice the shelf tags and not bother? I ask because sometimes these clearance prices will ring up chainwide in the system and not be marked on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Many times when the price changes come by, they do not always change the price tags right away. Ask someone to check it for you.

If someone has them in their area, can someone pick up a Fable 3 for me at $30? I'll gladly pay shipping and something extra for the trouble.

Picked up the Fable 3 Collectors Edition for $30 (best buy in Austin, near Lakeline Mall). They still have 3 on the shelf and the shelf price is $30.

[quote name='Crazyhowie']You also saved me a trip, thank you! OOS near me =/.[/QUOTE]

sorry to disappoint you but the search results are sometimes wrong. i used the search function yesterday to look for castlevania ltd ed at my local bb and it said there were none so i was just going to get the regular version but i went to the store and found a Ltd ed one on the shelf anyways.

always best to check the store and look around everywhere to confirm.

lots of acb ce for xbox and ps3 at my p hill store in bay area by the way. 60 too much for me. didn't see any fables but i wasn't looking either.

[quote name='hlb96']Picked up AC:B PS3 when it was on sale for $34.99 and its still sealed. Is the collectors edition worth $25 more ( or $20 more if I can use 10% off coupon) if its marked down at my BB?[/QUOTE]
I have the CE and it is absolutely not worth the extra money. The jack in the box was a disappointment.

[quote name='Evolved']I have the CE and it is absolutely not worth the extra money. The jack in the box was a disappointment.[/QUOTE]

Yea i heard everything was pretty mundane, tiny art book, 6 song soundtrack, cheap plastic JITB

[quote name='narec']sorry to disappoint you but the search results are sometimes wrong. i used the search function yesterday to look for castlevania ltd ed at my local bb and it said there were none so i was just going to get the regular version but i went to the store and found a Ltd ed one on the shelf anyways.

always best to check the store and look around everywhere to confirm.

lots of acb ce for xbox and ps3 at my p hill store in bay area by the way. 60 too much for me. didn't see any fables but i wasn't looking either.[/QUOTE]
It has been posted before that if there are 3 or less in stock it will report unavailable.

$60 for AC:B CE is still a lot of money IMO... Not motivated to check :lol:
Oh, the 10% coupon will not work on this... It's clearly marked down price.

[quote name='Kingrodedog']I may look for this at the eau claire, WI best buy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I might do the exact same thing.

bread's done
Back