Lost Planet 2/Resident Evil 5/AvP - $10 PS3/360 @ Newegg

Tempted on LP2 for $10....but I'll never get around to playing it with my backlog as it is right now. Oh well, I think this is one of those "always going to be in the $10 range from now on" kinda games.

Thanks for the notice though. I got the email and promptly dumped it without digging into it at all...

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Is LP2's multi-player worth checking out (360)? I probably wouldn't play it for anything else.[/QUOTE]

If you're playing solely for PvP MP, no.

If you give the campaign a run (Which has full co-op) then I'd say yes.

I think i'm going to pick up a copy of lp2 and have my friends jump on this too so we can play the coop campaign.

Does AvP also have coop?

I've been tempted to pick up AVP for a while, but held off. Decided that at $9.99 it can sit in my backlog for a while. Thanks op.

I picked up AvP when it was $12.99 a few days ago, but a quick 5 minute chat with Terry/Newegg customer support netted me a $3 refund. :)

[quote name='mrbomb']LP2 and RE5 are a must have for 10 bucks each.[/QUOTE]
You're a funny guy, Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last.

[quote name='sadboy']You're a funny guy, Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last.[/QUOTE]
What did you do with Sully? I let him go.

[quote name='sadboy']You're a funny guy, Sully. That's why I'm going to kill you last.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrbomb']What did you do with Sully? I let him go.[/QUOTE]

Matrix: "Remember Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"
Sully: "That's right, Matrix! You did!"
Matrix: "I...lied."

R.I.P. Sully

Such a classic 80's action movie! lol

[quote name='coopx']does the DC online on PS3 has subscription fee like other MMO?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I think the subscription fee is $15 monthly.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Matrix: "Remember Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"
Sully: "That's right, Matrix! You did!"
Matrix: "I...lied."

R.I.P. Sully

Such a classic 80's action movie! lol[/QUOTE]

who cares?

[quote name='Muroso']who cares?[/QUOTE]

What's up my little bitch? Ready for your tampon change? Everyone, I give you Muroso...the new forum Fire Thief. 50% less posts, 200% more the douchebag. Hell he even makes posts like Fire Thief...

"Xbox 360 Gears of War 2 GOTY (Xbox 360) $19.99 via Amazon

i guess the deal is back. good price for the GOTY edition."

...so not only are you a troll son, you're also the new dumbass, shit-for-brains village idiot.

On-topic...deals are dead for PS3. All PS3 versions are OOS.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']What's up my little bitch? Ready for your tampon change? Everyone, I give you Muroso...the new forum Fire Thief. 50% less posts, 200% more the douchebag. Hell he even makes posts like Fire Thief...

...so not only are you a troll son, you're also the new dumbass, shit-for-brains village idiot.

On-topic...deals are dead for PS3. All PS3 versions are OOS.[/QUOTE]
orson-clapping.gif

[quote name='coopx']does the DC online on PS3 has subscription fee like other MMO?[/QUOTE]

Here... DCUO Subscription pricing.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']What's up my little bitch? Ready for your tampon change? Everyone, I give you Muroso...the new forum Fire Thief. 50% less posts, 200% more the douchebag. Hell he even makes posts like Fire Thief...

On-topic...deals are dead for PS3. All PS3 versions are OOS.[/QUOTE]

LOL :applause:

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']

Is LP2 worth the $10? I remember hearing that the main gripe was due to crappy save points in the game, where if you die, you have to go through most of the level again. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

Yes you start all over from the beginning. I have to stress that this game is at its best played with others. This is what's it was made for in mind. I've been playing it with friends online and I couldn't imagine doing it otherwise.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Is LP2 worth the $10?[/QUOTE]If you're playing by yourself then it might be worth the money just to see some of the impressive boss battles. If you have some friends with the game or don't mind playing with random people online, then it's definitely worth the $10.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']I remember hearing that the main gripe was due to crappy save points in the game, where if you die, you have to go through most of the level again. Is this true?[/QUOTE]All the players share a pool of extra lives they can use to respawn in the middle of the level. Throughout the level there's multiple spots to get free lives. On Normal difficulty you really have to really screw things up and die a lot in order to have to restart. The levels are also broken into sub-levels. If you die you restart at the beginning of that area which will on average set you back about 15-20 minutes.

The main problem with this game is that your objectives aren't always really clear. There's times when you don't know if you're actually hurting some of the bosses or just shooting them in the wrong area.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']
Is LP2 worth the $10? I remember hearing that the main gripe was due to crappy save points in the game, where if you die, you have to go through most of the level again. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

If you're a single-player (like me), then LP2 is IMHO not worth $10 (heck, not worth $5). Gametrailers is right in that the game becomes incredibly frustrating alone. Not only are the objectives unclear, but the game's difficulty level is downright insane later on given your buddy AI is terrible. No friends = no advancing in the later stages.

Now, if you're a collector, then $10 is typically the sweet spot for a buy. I'm speaking to people who actually play the games they buy vs. just amassing an impossible to finish backlog (yeah, yeah, I have a huge one from the last generation -- 460+ and now with my 360 and Wii ... I'm at nearly 500 ... oy).

Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it!

Unfortunately, LP2 is now sold out for both systems. If they get more stock, I'll pick it up. I do have LP1 and loved it, so as a collector I'd like to have it, and I don't mind playing with random people online...I just hope there are people online to play it through at least once. ;)

Thanks again everyone!

Both LP2 and RE5 are fantastic with another person, solo on RE5 is still very good esp. once you give Shiva a weapon w/ unlimited ammo.

LP2 evil slot machine will keep complete-ists playing for awhile.

Dang, I would have done AvP for $10. Oh well.

Supposed to be pretty bad, but I don't know, the screen shots look good to me, and hey, shooting aliens is fun.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I would have done AvP for $10. Oh well.

Supposed to be pretty bad, but I don't know, the screen shots look good to me, and hey, shooting aliens is fun.[/QUOTE]

If you like shooting aliens, keep an eye out for the new Earth Defense Force game ... I'm really looking forward to that one :)

[quote name='abhinav']Does LP2 have single system Co-Op?[/QUOTE]

You can play through the campaign with 2 player split screen.

[quote name='romeogbs19']If you like shooting aliens, keep an eye out for the new Earth Defense Force game ... I'm really looking forward to that one :)[/QUOTE]

Boo-yeah. THIS.

Probably my most anticipated game of 2011 next to Gears 3. That series is fantastic, if u don't have the 1st one on 360, go out and get it ASAP.

bread's done
Back