BluRay player deals?

aspen1284

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Finally looking to get a BluRay player and can't seem to find a deal on one that I feel is a really good deal. Im not wanting a crappy cheap player, or the best there is...just an all around good player somewhere in the $100-120 range. Anything out there?

[quote name='dmaul1114']http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S370...S4CA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294775228&sr=8-2

$130, so a bit higher than your range. But a very solid player and has Netflix and some other streaming video apps built in.[/QUOTE]

Costco equvalent of BDP-370 (Costco Model is BX-37) is on sale at Costco for $105. Netflix works great, but if you want to stream your own from your network, especially MKV or AVI, you need to run PlayON. Great player for $100.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

BB has had the BDP-570 on sale for around $150 for 3 weeks now. With the built in WiFi, and $100 less than every other B&M store, its a good deal. Who knows if it'll end this Sunday. I was so happy with the price (and the week before x-mas for $140) that I bought 3 units for my house! did I go overboard? Ask my wife when she can now stream in the bedroom, or my kid while he is in his playroom, and ask my PS3 how much it loves not being the dedicated BD player ;)

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003VUO6H4/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20[/QUOTE]

epic fail. Doesn't meet any of the criteria of the OP.

[quote name='token2k6']BB has had the BDP-570 on sale for around $150 for 3 weeks now. With the built in WiFi, and $100 less than every other B&M store, its a good deal. Who knows if it'll end this Sunday. I was so happy with the price (and the week before x-mas for $140) that I bought 3 units for my house! did I go overboard? Ask my wife when she can now stream in the bedroom, or my kid while he is in his playroom, and ask my PS3 how much it loves not being the dedicated BD player ;)[/QUOTE]

Like the BX-37, Costco has the BX-57 (equivalent to BDP-570, but already comes with an HDMI cable) on sale as well. I believe instore it is $120 after instant rebate (online says $130 incl. s/h). Built-in wireless alone is worth it over the BX-37/BDP-370 (added bonus is that it plays BD 3D).

[quote name='basketb']epic fail. Doesn't meet any of the criteria of the OP.[/QUOTE]
It's the PS Triple. It only does everything. It even meets all the criteria of the OP because it only does everything.

If you're a gamer and can afford it, the PS3 is the way to go. It's easily worth the extra $130 or so investment over a standalone player to play the exclusives I'd say. You can get one for $295 + $50 Amazon credit, that's a pretty solid deal.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']It's the PS Triple. It only does everything. It even meets all the criteria of the OP because it only does everything.[/QUOTE]

Except the price, which is kind of the point.

Would love to get a PS3 but the price is the killer for me. Thanks for the suggestions though guys, time to do some reading up on these and a few other players to see which would fit best.

[quote name='EarthBound Sucks']
Except the, it only does everything!!!
:grouphug:[/QUOTE]
Please tell me about how it does BD 3D and lossless audio at the same time? (fail).

[quote name='basketb']Please tell me about how it does BD 3D and lossless audio at the same time? (fail).[/QUOTE]

Oh gees, don't get the PS3s fans started. They still think it's the best BD player on the market. Bring up any drawbacks, and they are quick to fire back something dumb.

bread's done
Back