Valkyrie Profile Lenneth (psp) NEW $14.99 w/free shipping @ Newegg.com!! (ALIVE! GO!)

It's a damn fine RPG ONLY if you play it with a guide, since it's absolutely impossible to get the best ending without it. And I do mean IMPOSSIBLE.

[quote name='WilliamG']It's a damn fine RPG ONLY if you play it with a guide, since it's absolutely impossible to get the best ending without it. And I do mean IMPOSSIBLE.[/QUOTE]

While I agree with the notion that it's near impossible to get Ending A without a guide, the game is still a masterpiece. The story is nice, the sprites are fantastic, the soundtrack is amazing, and the battle system is OUTSTANDING. Anyone who owns a PSP and is even slightly a fan of RPGs should own this game, ESPECIALLY at $15. There's a reason people were paying out the butt for this when it was a PS1 exclusive.

Thanks, bro. I passed up a used copy a few days ago for $16 that was covered in GS stickers. This is just right. Gotta love Newegg.

Thank you, OP! I have been waiting so long for this to drop, and now it shall finally be mine! Muhahahahaha!! :hot:

I have a near mint copy of the original PS version, and I hear that is a slightly more cohesive experience over the PSP iteration, however, the extra updated CG content and voice-work included makes the PSP version worth owning.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']wasn't this game a bit rare for a while (the PSP one that is), or did they make a reprint?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The game received a reprint back in late June of 2008.

Quite possibly my favorite game on PSP. (Yeah, I know it's a port. Doesn't change the previous statement) A damn fine RPG that every fan of the genre should try out.

For 15$ and no shipping, this is nothing short of a steal imo. Worth every penny.

[quote name='Fodder']Wow, this sold out right from under me. I had it in my cart, and now its gone. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, that was quick!

Easily my favorite game from the PS1 era. You'd be doing yourself a disservice if you don't get this game, especially at this price!

Got one too! Thanks OP because you posted this right as I added the $40 Xbox Live 12 month subscription.

I have this game for the PS1 and beat it a year ago. I would say by the time you beat the game (assuming you follow a guide and get the A ending...impossible without following a guide) you will find it one of the most unique and rewarding RPGs. It is my 3rd favorite RPG of the PS1 era, just slightly behind FFVII and FFT.

The sequel on the PS2 is also a great game, although the gameplay is totally different from the original, which is kinda disappointing. I really hope Tri-Ace makes VP 3.

[quote name='gutter2d']Got one too! Thanks OP because you posted this right as I added the $40 Xbox Live 12 month subscription.

I have this game for the PS1 and beat it a year ago. I would say by the time you beat the game (assuming you follow a guide and get the A ending...impossible without following a guide) you will find it one of the most unique and rewarding RPGs. It is my 3rd favorite RPG of the PS1 era, just slightly behind FFVII and FFT.

The sequel on the PS2 is also a great game, although the gameplay is totally different from the original, which is kinda disappointing. I really hope Tri-Ace makes VP 3.[/QUOTE]

We have the same taste in rpgs:) what were your 3 favorite from ps2?

Thanks for the post, op. I was able to place my order just now.

Arggh! I literally was just at Gamestop yesterday because I made a decision to finally dive into the franchise, and I was going to buy this, the PS2 game, and the DS game. They didn't have the first and the last, and the only VP2 was in a generic Gamestop box with no manual.

Hoping for this to come back in stock...

I signed up for auto notify earlier and they have it in stock when I check today. That was pretty quick. Mine shipped with tax around $16.

Was gonna get Star Ocean first departure but they didn't have the sequel. Same price though. I'm waiting for it to hit $9.99.

Thanks op. Had this on ps1 but didn't like the gameplay. I'm gonna give it a second go...

[quote name='Xanctakhe']I set up an auto-notify last night as well, so I jumped on this when I woke to that email.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for sharing this. I already own the PSP version (sold the PS1 version a few years ago because, well, times were tough :D) and it's great. Congrats to each of you who managed to snag the game.

Edit: Looks like it's back in stock as of 9:43am PST!

[quote name='succor']We have the same taste in rpgs:) what were your 3 favorite from ps2?

Thanks for the post, op. I was able to place my order just now.[/QUOTE]

I still haven't gotten around to playing many PS2 RPGs (entire Suikendon series, Xenosaga series, Growlanser series, Grandia 2/3, Rogue Galaxy, and a few more). Thus far my top 3 are Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Dragon Quest VIII, and Valkyrie Profile 2.

What's your top 3 PS2 RPGs?

I played this on a PSP1000... load times killed it. Now that I have a newer PSP with game disc cacheing, hoping for a better experience.

I really liked this game and I will follow a guide to the T this time.

I LOVED the DS game (shouldn't have traded it in, but broke college guy at the time). It was SO VERY challenging, beat my head against the wall for almost 2 days straight on one battle, but once you break into the strategy they want, ... man you just steam roll that game. I was so OP by the end of that game!

VP2 was good too, but I stopped playing for some reason. :(

Oh and it's up right now. Bought a copy.

Bought this years ago but never really got into it; you guys have convinced me to give it another shot.

I actually got the guide for free since it was going to be tossed at GS - sounds like I'm going to need it. :)

[quote name='TheKbob']I played this on a PSP1000... load times killed it.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I did the same thing (bought it at launch date) and played it on my PSP1000 with no problems.

[quote name='jkimrey']Bought this years ago but never really got into it; you guys have convinced me to give it another shot.

I actually got the guide for free since it was going to be tossed at GS - sounds like I'm going to need it. :)[/QUOTE]

Hang onto that guide. It think it's pretty rare now.

Even though I hated this game compared to Silmeria this is a really awesome buy. Its a collectible at this point Id say.

[quote name='heybtbm']Valkyrie Profile. Pffft. Let me know when Valkyrie Chronicles 2 gets down to $15 and we'll talk.[/QUOTE]

Close but is's Valkyria Chronicles. ;-)

Damn, bought one on impulse. Too bad the cover art on the US one isn't as nice as the EU version :(

Thanks OP for posting this!

[quote name='Gamehead']Close but is's Valkyria Chronicles. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Yup, and it was on sale for $15.99 on PSN a couple of weeks ago.

bread's done
Back