Dead Space 2 Rig Backpack w/ exclusive T-shirt and 3 mini Lithos - $116 shipped

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Let me start by saying this is not for everyone. I think only die hard DS fans will be interested, but even still, it might be too much. Visceral Games is selling a "Rig" backpack at their official store. They're only making it in limited quantities and they will not restock it.

http://visceralstore.com/dead-space-rig-backpack

.f

In addition to the backpack they're also including an exclusive T-shirt design

.f

and 3 exclusive Mini lithographs (12 x 16") which I think look awesome

.f

The total comes to $108 plus $8 shipping, which is a lot of money, but again DS diehards might love to have a sweet backpack like this so I'm just giving you all the heads-up.

Description:
DS Rig Backpack

Last chance to Pre-Order the Rig Bag with additional exclusive merchandise. Limited quantities available. This Rig Bag will not be re-ordered.

Buyers will also receive:

* 3 exclusive mini lithos

* exclusive t-shirt design by Dead Space 2 Art Director Ian Milhan

Bag Specifications: 18 inches in length, Molded back panel, Nylon Rip Stop Fabric, 6 Pockets, EVA Molded panels, with padded and adjustable shoulder straps.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I saw the backpack at PAX last year at the DS2 booth and while very nice it's also very tiny (maybe 1/2 the size of the average back pack). Just my opinion but definitely not worth $108+ for me.

[quote name='woodcan']FYI, I saw the backpack at PAX last year at the DS2 booth and while very nice it's also very tiny (maybe 1/2 the size of the average back pack). Just my opinion but definitely not worth $108+ for me.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how big the average backpack is, but as mentioned above this one is 18" in length.

I didn't order this btw, as I haven't even played through the first game yet. I just thought it was neat and something DS fans might like to know about.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They should have at least included the regular edition of the game.[/QUOTE]

It would be more than $108 if they did.

Here's the breakdown of what you're getting based on the prices in their store:

3 mini lithos at $15 each - $45
Premium T-shirt - $24

So that's $69, meaning the value of the backpack is $39. $40 doesn't sound that unreasonable for a backpack like that. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to also include a $60 game for that base price.

[quote name='broadbandit']Too bad they didn't come out with a super rare limited edition again. Those were going for $600+ last year[/QUOTE]

I'm still kicking myself about that.. I had it in my cart when they first released it and then decided not to purchase it. I looked it up a couple of months ago and found a brand new/factory sealed copy going for well over $1000 bucks on ebay! I could not believe my eyes... I mean, I very much LOVE DS, but not that much.

I really really like Dead Space but dropping $116 on stuff that doesn't even include the game is hard to swallow. May have to pass since there is a good share of games coming out in the next two months but DAMN is this tempting.

oh lol
that backpack looks cheap

This is not a deal.
come back with a 10% discout code at least
in fact, i feel like i am gonna get self-shafted and ripped off if i buy that

[quote name='will296']What was the super limited edition that you guys are talking about?[/QUOTE]

http://eastore.ea.com/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&productID=106790800

Only 1,000 made:

19189_400x230_1.jpg

The Dead Space Ultra Limited Edition comes with:
  • The Dead Space game
  • Special Ultra Limited Edition packaging
  • Dead Space Downfall Animated Movie (DVD)
  • Bonus content DVD
  • Exclusive custom lithograph art illustrated and signed by Ben Templesmith
  • 97-pg Dead Space art book written and illustrated by the development team
  • 160-pg Graphic novel
  • Ishimura crew patch

I really want to grab the collectors edition but seeing as how most collectors editions plummet in prices not long after release I might just wait. Unless it has a limited run like the Dead Space Limited edition.

[quote name='Hytham']I really want to grab the collectors edition but seeing as how most collectors editions plummet in prices not long after release I might just wait. Unless it has a limited run like the Dead Space Limited edition.[/QUOTE]

That's always the gamble, though. Knowing when to purchase while taking into consideration supply & demand, marketing, and quantities supplied to the market. It's funny how trends work out, too. Sometimes they go in the exact opposite direction that was initially anticipated and you get flukes like say, the aforementioned Dead Space 1 Limited Collector's Edition now fetching $600+.

Anyways, considering the plasma cutter will most likely be made of cheap plastic which is easy to setup and produce in large quantities, my guess is that these limited editions will be around for a while until stores decide they need to get them off of their shelves and discount them. But yes, I wish that they would have created an Ultimate Collector's Edition again that included everything in the current package, as well as maybe a heavy hardcover artbook, etc, etc.

I am a huge DS fan, in process of making a cosplay Ds light up mask, but even I have to say that back pack is super gay. My wife also agrees. I wouldn't wear the cosplay mask in public, but at home game on.

[quote name='GameOverSuckas']1 of a 1,000 is pretty damn limited maybe 20 years from now it'll be worth more but who knows[/QUOTE]

I had a CD that was limited to 1000 by Sublime. One time they were selling $700-1000 on ebay. When a collector wants something thats RARE then the price paid for items is insane.
Lets say in the Sublime market of collecting there is some crazy money paid for some items.

Why does Squirtle immediately come to mind when I see this backpack? I am a diehard Dead Space fan, but I have to agree with most of you that this is pretty dmn ugly...

The backpack is a kid's backpack; for little children in elementary school. Same goes for the plasma cutter, little kid size. Great items to dress your kid in for a beating on the playground.

Collectability to collectors, nil. [game is not even included]

$45 on 3 lithographs? what a joke. those are postcards. this is a lame cross-marketing item. you'll have a better time buying those NECA figures instead; or playing the game.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']The backpack is a kid's backpack; for little children in elementary school. Same goes for the plasma cutter, little kid size. Great items to dress your kid in for a beating on the playground.

Collectability to collectors, nil. [game is not even included]

$45 on 3 lithographs? what a joke. those are postcards. this is a lame cross-marketing item. you'll have a better time buying those NECA figures instead; or playing the game.[/QUOTE]

A 12 x 16" lithograph is a postcard?

Also, since you think this is a kids backpack, I searched on Amazon for a popular adult backpack. Like this swiss gear one:

51GgmxzHx9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The length of that one is 18.5 inches. This Dead Space one is 18 inches.

f you don't like what you see fine, but if you're going to spew bullshit, get the fuck out.

[quote name='ssjmichael']if you're going to spew bullshit, get the fuck out.[/QUOTE]

settle down little man. bet you don't talk like that to people in real life.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']settle down little man. bet you don't talk like that to people in real life.[/QUOTE]

Actually I do. Do you admit to spewing bullshit, or do you still think a 12 x 16" litho is a "postcard"?

[quote name='Mospeada_21']settle down little man. bet you don't talk like that to people in real life.[/QUOTE]

lol, you're the presumptuous one, talking about things you know nothing about.

[quote name='stickyfeet']I am a huge DS fan, in process of making a cosplay Ds light up mask, but even I have to say that back pack is super gay. My wife also agrees. I wouldn't wear the cosplay mask in public, but at home game on.[/QUOTE]

So...you're making a Dead Space mask just to wear around the house?

[quote name='GUNNM']Why are you guys defending something you're not gonna buy?[/QUOTE]

If I see blatant misinformation, then I say something about it. It's a pet peeve of mine. Besides. I've paid for lithographs before... up to $40 for one, so I justified in defending my "postcards".

If these were limited to a specific number, then you'd see how collectible they'd be, but it's until orders are closed. I'm tempted to buy it, but at the same I still can't justify the purchase.

[quote name='Interfeci']If these were limited to a specific number, then you'd see how collectible they'd be, but it's until orders are closed. I'm tempted to buy it, but at the same I still can't justify the purchase.[/QUOTE]

Though not numbered, you have to figure these are made in limited quantities. If you add 1,000 of the "Large" t-shirt version to your cart for instance it reduces it to 70, it drops it to 30 for the XXL, 51 for the XL, and so forth. If I had to guess I'd say they only made 1,000 - 2,000 of these.

[quote name='Irukandji']backpack is groovy but that t-shirt is hideous[/QUOTE]

You've got that backwards. Otherwise you are correct.

bread's done
Back