mass effect 2 ps3 gameshare

Naylord

CAGiversary!
I know there is gameshare thread but its so bloated and large now that it'll be really hard to connect with people on this.
Mass effect 2 hits psn next week as a download and will probably be sharable like most psn titles. Thus I think we should get a gameshare of this game going as it will probably be like 10-12 dollars per person.
Who is in?

I might get it once it goes down in price.

I can't see how anyone can defend paying full price for a game that was released a year late.

[quote name='IRHari']I might get it once it goes down in price.

I can't see how anyone can defend paying full price for a game that was released a year late.[/QUOTE]

yea but with gamesharing we'll end up paying 1/5th of the price

I'd be down for a gameshare too. I've wanted to play ME2 for quite some time, and this would be as good of a way to do it as any.

[quote name='Norieaga']You can't share full titles. I tried sharing the Gran Turismo 5 Sampler a while back, didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely correct; Burnout Paradise is gameshareable, at least it was when I was involved in a gameshare.

Agreed, though, I'd be very surprised if they allowed ME2 to be GS'd. If they did, I imagine there'd be limitations imposed, similar to what they did with GT5:p.

Borderlands is completely sharable too. My gameshare group plays the game online together with no problems.

There are very, very few full title games that are not fully shareable.

[quote name='IRHari']I might get it once it goes down in price.

I can't see how anyone can defend paying full price for a game that was released a year late.[/QUOTE]

It's totally worth full price, not to mention you can finish it before Mass Effect 3 is out.

Yea I think most devs abandon it as people going out to gameshare still bring in money so if they allow it they just get some extra sales from the gamesharers. The only ones I know of that aren't sharable are GT5:p, Warhawk, and final fight.

If it's shareable, I'm looking for a U.S. gameshare group since EA charges $10 more plus PST on their games here in Canada.

If not, I'll wait for a price drop or buy it on the 360 the next time there's a gaming drought.

Its probably going to turn out to be close to 14 bucks per person, so i think it might be better to wait and buy the disc when its sure to drop to 19.99.

When it drops in price, I might pick it up. Why do EA games always launch at $69.99 in Canada? Battlefield BC2 was the same way.

I'm not paying $70 for a year old game on the PS3 which is available for under $20 now on the 360!

[quote name='Princess Zelda'] Because it comes with all the DLC and the pre-order extra guns and armour.[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong, but isn't it timed? For the first 30 days all that shit is free then you have to pay for it?

And like someone said it's been out a year and it's close to $20 on 360. A full price is absolutely not justified.

Even when Bioshock came out a year later on PS3 it quickly dropped to around $40.

[quote name='IRHari']I might be wrong, but isn't it timed? For the first 30 days all that shit is free then you have to pay for it?

And like someone said it's been out a year and it's close to $20 on 360. A full price is absolutely not justified.

Even when Bioshock came out a year later on PS3 it quickly dropped to around $40.[/QUOTE]

Nope it's all free forever, you are doing yourself a disfavor by refusing to try this masterpiece because of the price.

It's not that good of a game and totally not worth eating up 12gb's of space. Wait for a $10 used disc copy if you must (for some reason).

I was referring to this, though I don't know how much it'll be after Feb 23:

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 users can get the Terminus Armor & Blackstorm Weapon for free

2011.01.07 | Posted by Evil Chris Priestly
Until February 23rd, 2011, Mass Effect 2 players on Playstation 3 can download the Terminus Armor and M-490 Blackstorm Projector Weapon free of charge from the PSN Store. After Feb 23rd, the Terminus Gear will be available as paid DLC. Order your copy of ME2 on PS3 today!

One thing that should be mentioned (again) is the PS3 version is essentially a "GotY" Edition of Mass Effect 2, hence the higher price. It includes Lair of the Shadow Broker, Kasumi-Stolen Memory and Overlord, as well as the digital comic. I'm assuming it also comes with Cerberus Network access, so you'd get Zaeed and the Firewalker missions and whatnot. It's also built using the Mass Effect 3 engine, so we're hoping the graphics have been updated and improved. If you're hard-pressed to buy this game at MSRP, then you'd be hard-pressed to buy ANY game at MSRP.

I thought ME2 was a great game to play, though I'm not sure if I'd pay full price. Then again, with the extra content, it might be worth it.

On the flip side to what I mentioned, if you were able to snag the additional DLC for 200 MS points a piece, then of course this might be a little overpriced. I'll be picking this up once my backlog diminishes and it hovers around the $40 price or so, which I'm hoping will happen before ME3 :D

What time does the PSN store usually update? also, can someone report in once they've tried it to confirm shareability? thanks.

Looks like EA has stopped fleecing Canadians. I went to Microplay to pick up LittleBigPlanet 2 and Mass Effect 2 was $59.99. Hopefully that means all EA games will be at that price so long as the Canadian dollar is at par.

I'll find out tonight if I can get a share in my group.

ya, the psn store has updated and its $59.99 (67.79 after tax)

update: my buddy and i are downloading it now, I'll update again once we both have it working

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='stmack']update: my buddy claims to be downloading it now, so it appears to be shareable, have fun.[/QUOTE]

Downloading it is only 50% of the equation, I think...can you both play it?

It may have a 24-hour lock.

I'm willing to offer a number of PSN games in equal to the full price of mass effect 2. If anyone's interested pm me or add me on ps3. ID: oIAtlasIo

Any confirmation on this yet? Will jump on it if it doesn't have the 24 hour lock and is completely shareable. My friend and I always split the cost of things on the PSN and each paying $30 for the game is better than each paying $60.

[quote name='stmack']What time does the PSN store usually update? also, can someone report in once they've tried it to confirm shareability? thanks.[/QUOTE]

It varies. I've seen it update as early as 5 pm, as late as midnight. Usually around 7 though.

[quote name='Naylord']has it dled yet? I'm anxious about the sharablility status![/QUOTE]

I can't wait to hear the answer too

Hmm extremely tempting to get in on the gameshare, especially if it includes the Cerberus Network. If anyone is getting another one going I'd be in on that for sure.

sorry for taking so long, I see it's already been confirmed but I also just checked and it's playable on both my ps3 and my friend's so looks good to go.

bread's done
Back