CAG's Deal Report

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]23070[/IMG-R]The following are the best/most talked about items posted in the CAG deal forum. Click here to receive a daily email digest.

iconamazon.gif
Just Cause 2 $16.99 at Amazon
:ps3: Infamous 2 $44.99 at Buy.com
:ps3: DJ Hero 2 Bundle $25.99 at Amazon
:ps3: Killzone 3 Helghast Edition $59.99 at Amazon

CAG Daily Deals FAQ
Q: What is this?
A: A front page post highlighting the best and most recent deals posted on CAG.

Q: When will the posts go up?
A: Weekdays, after 12AM PST. If there is nothing much to share, I'll probably not create the post. We'll see how it goes.

Q: What's the qualification for being included in the post?
A: The thread needs to be created within a day (or so) of the previous update. If there has been a day or two between updates, the time restriction might be more lax. I will not be including every new deal.

Q: Where does the deal discussion take place?
A: The
comments.gif
icon posted at the end of each deal will link you to that deal's discussion thread. This thread can serve for general CAG Daily Deals feedback and suggestions.

Q: What does the daily/weekly digest (mentioned at the top of the post) contain?
A: Don't be too excited, it's simply a forum subscription which will email you a list of the new and updated threads from the CAG video game deals forum. The emails go out around 3:10AM PST.

Got a suggestion? Post it here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price for Alan Wake. Definitely one of the best of 2010, and possibly the strongest retail exclusive on 360.

I like the idea of a Daily Deal report on the front page. I'm on CAG a few times every day, and I've still managed to miss out a couple times on great deals that I just didn't see. Having the best recent deals right out front should help keep that from happening.

And yeah, Alan wake is an absolute no-brainer at that price.

Alan Wake totally blew me away! $20 for that game is an awesome price! Great story, ridiculous graphics, and awesome gameplay. Its like Silent Hill and Max Payne combined into one excellent package and people should not hesitate to snag at that price.

Castlevania is a good buy at that price too. There is a lot of gameplay to be had with that one; lots of secrets and challenge, great story (so far), and a ton of fun to be had.

Also of note is Mini Ninjas for $13-$15 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Ninjas-Xbox-360/dp/B0023CDW9Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1294926614&sr=8-3

Good call on this daily deal report. I picked up AW at that price a week or so ago and I can't wait for it to get here and jump over my backlog.

I ordered Re:Coded on the 11th, do I qualify for the credit?? I already emailed amazon.com, and my reply is pending. Hopefully, I get the credit.

Arggh, I want Alan Wake, but my Amazon Prime membership expired last week.

Does anyone know of any free membership programs like the Amazon Mom's three month membership they had recently?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Arggh, I want Alan Wake, but my Amazon Prime membership expired last week.

Does anyone know of any free membership programs like the Amazon Mom's three month membership they had recently?[/QUOTE]

There's a free year if you have a .edu email address. Look for Amazon Student.

This is a great idea for a topic/home page daily update. Easy to spot if I've missed a key deal. Thanks cheapy and the gang!

[quote name='emozolik']I woulda missed that sweet deal on Castlevania otherwise... thanks Cheapy![/QUOTE]

Same here, thanks CAG once again. :bouncy:

Alan Wake one of my favorite games of 2010, and can't thank Cheapy and Wombat if not for everything they have said about it I might not have ever played it.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I'm not sure if this is right place to post a question but who decides on what the best deal is of the day?[/QUOTE]

There's no best deal of the day highlighted here. I'll write a little note at the bottom if I've got something to say about one (or more of the deals).

[quote name='Blumpkin']Megaman X Collection is already back to $19.99. Damn, was going to go in on it.[/QUOTE]

Same here... :bomb:

[quote name='lord_ebonstone']Alan Wake is godawful. Avoid it.[/QUOTE]

That's not what the reviews say... just because you don't like the game that does not mean that everyone should avoid it.

I don't like pickles so everyone should avoid them... seriously...

[quote name='CheapyD'][IMG-R=5838]20441[/IMG-R]
:ps2: Mega Man X Collection $11.32 at Amazon[/QUOTE]

Is that a typo? I would totally buy it for $12!

[quote name='Garfield']Is that a typo? I would totally buy it for $12![/QUOTE]
No, it went out fast out of stock at Amazon. Notice that it is sold by a 3rd party now.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']I like the Daily Deal idea, Cheapy! Seems really helpful.[/QUOTE]
Completely agree, I like this as a feature and I actually picked up Alan Wake as a result.

In for MVC3. Got the special edition for $62.99. Thanks :)

The link to the discussion thread for MvC3 leads to the MMX collection thread. This is the thread you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
the b2g1 free at BB has potential if they have deals or markdowns already, can save additional bucks with b2g1free

thanks for posting this cheapy

Is it possible, with the B2G1 at Best Buy, to get Mass Effect 2, Little Big Planet 2, and some other game for $59.99, but then take it back next week and get Dead Space 2 for free? I'm just curious to see if that would work.

Daily Deal Report schedule is going to be completely messed up this week as wife and kid both have the flu. :(

The plan is to absolutely do this daily (at least during the week) when I can actually get time to sit at the computer. Going to be tough this week, sorry! Going to be even tougher if/when I come down with the flu.

^Very understandable. Great that you're letting everyone know though.

I've been wanting one of those new controllers, $44 still seems a bit much for my wallet though.

I ordered one from Newegg; it came with a super squeaky analog left thumbstick so I sent it back for an exchange (at my $10 expense). The new one, the battery won't stay on the back (the button doesn't click into place) and the analog sticks don't feel smooth around the edges. Maybe it's just me or maybe these things aren't manufactured as well as they should be? Anyhow, I still prefer the feel of my old white wireless thumbsticks to be honest :(.

bread's done
Back