Mega Man X Collection PS2 New $19.99

[quote name='rpgfan']How do you get to see how many copies a game has?[/QUOTE]
You add like 999 in your cart, and it'll tell you there's only so-and-so stock.

[quote name='rpgfan']How do you get to see how many copies a game has?[/QUOTE]

Put 999 of them in your cart. It will alert you that there are only x left.

If it were the Gamecube version I'd be all over it. Although I have seen mint copies of the GC version used on ebay for about that price.

With the recent USED PS2 system price drop to $40 @ Gamestop & free 1 year warranty I've been contemplating picking it up along w/ some older PS2 games.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is this game rare or something?[/QUOTE]

It has been, yeah. At one time the used prices on AZ were like $40+

Part of me is telling me to buy this since the GC version, which I have, for some reason doesn't display on my TV with component cables because it outputs at a resolution that my TV doesn't support, yet the other part is telling me no since I already have the GC version. Decisions decisions... :(

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']If it were the Gamecube version I'd be all over it. Although I have seen mint copies of the GC version used on ebay for about that price.[/QUOTE]
Mint copies on ebay are never mint.

Super psyched about this price. When the reprint was first available (new) on amazon it was going for $40 (around November) and I'm glad I waited. I finally picked one up.

[quote name='Vector']Part of me is telling me to buy this since the GC version, which I have, for some reason doesn't display on my TV with component cables because it outputs at a resolution that my TV doesn't support, yet the other part is telling me no since I already have the GC version. Decisions decisions... :([/QUOTE]

Well since it sounds like the version you have is nigh unplayable (without switching TVs), I'd say to get it!

[quote name='Stele']Mint copies on ebay are never mint.[/QUOTE]

And sometimes "Good" copies are "Mint". :D

I got a copy of Monster Hunter Tri (Wii) that was "Acceptable" because it had a "trashed case". The case had a little strip of plastic left over from manufacturing. Razor-bladed it off and it was like I had just taken the wrapper off. :)

But, yes, on eBay, "Mint" just usually means whatever the seller wants it to. :(

[quote name='callmewoof']Well since it sounds like the version you have is nigh unplayable (without switching TVs), I'd say to get it![/QUOTE]

the bigger HD you have the uglier it will look

[quote name='Stele']Mint copies on ebay are never mint.[/QUOTE]

Heaven forbid bidders should just contact sellers to ask about scratches/scruffs. I always do.

[quote name='Vector']Part of me is telling me to buy this since the GC version, which I have, for some reason doesn't display on my TV with component cables because it outputs at a resolution that my TV doesn't support, yet the other part is telling me no since I already have the GC version. Decisions decisions... :([/QUOTE]

PS2 version has the same problem because the SNES and PS1 didn't support 480i/p.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Heaven forbid bidders should just contact sellers to ask about scratches/scruffs. I always do.[/QUOTE]

I always contact them, and sellers often lie there, too. (No idea how many contact-confirmed "mint" games look like a truck ran them over.)

I had to have eBay refund me for this one AFTER the seller argued with THIS picture on if the copy they sent me was a Greatest Hits copy or not. http://i56.tinypic.com/25guhrc.jpg

eBay has special folk on there.

[quote name='emperordahc']I always contact them, and sellers often lie there, too. (No idea how many contact-confirmed "mint" games look like a truck ran them over.) I just had one swear up and down that a game wasn't a Greatest Hits / Red Banded ps2 game, received it, then argued when I even emailed her pictures with the "Greatest Hits" pointed at. eBay got special folk on there. :([/QUOTE]

I hear you. For every 10 games I buy on eBay, I'll always have 1 or 2 that end up that way. From my experience, the majority of eBay users are truthful.

It's also important to check the sellers one buys from. I won't buy from anyone who doesn't have a superb track record (i.e. I check feedback and see whether buyers make statements such as "exactly as described.").

Also, while this isn't always the case, I like to see what other items the user is selling. If the seller ONLY sells videogames (some call themselves collectors), you're much more likely to get a straight, honest answer (and they're also more likely to provide an accurate condition statement). Sellers who don't sell videogames typically have no idea what you're talking about and I typically steer clear of those sellers. The only exception being when I throw out some videogame lingo in my question, and it's clear the other person knows what I'm talking about.

Oh, and I NEVER rely on stock photos.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I NEVER rely on stock photos.[/QUOTE]

True dat. If it's a stock photo, they get grilled.

In my case, above, I had very plainly explained what Greatest Hits were, how you look at the top of the case, etc, and they confirmed it was black label and it didn't say "Greatest Hits" or have "red anywhere on the cover". After I received the wrong version and sent the photo linked above, they argued that I was crazy and THEY turned me into eBay. eBay refunded me and chewed them out. :)

I never had problems from HUbbagames, all games came sealed I probably ordered at least 10 items from them in the past

I wish there was a version with the original SNES audio for Mega Man X3. Small comlpaint, as the first 3 Mega Man X games are my favorite Mega Man games period.

[quote name='emperordahc']I always contact them, and sellers often lie there, too. (No idea how many contact-confirmed "mint" games look like a truck ran them over.)

I had to have eBay refund me for this one AFTER the seller argued with THIS picture on if the copy they sent me was a Greatest Hits copy or not. http://i56.tinypic.com/25guhrc.jpg

eBay has special folk on there.[/QUOTE]

My only purchase from Ebay was Zelda WW which I got ~ 1 month ago. It had a stock picture of the black label edition but came with the player choice edition. Also, the game was listed "like new" but I'd consider it "good" at best as there were obvious signs of age through use.

Oh well, I didn't give them bad feedback because it was a decent price $16 + $4 shipping and the shipping was prompt. Still, it's a disingenuous to put the regular version photo and not mention it at all in the description.

Don't sellers try their hardest to avoid getting "negative/neutral' feedback? I'm sure you gave the person that outright lied to you negative feedback right?

[quote name='Antipodes']My only purchase from Ebay was Zelda WW which I got ~ 1 month ago. It had a stock picture of the black label edition but came with the player choice edition. Also, the game was listed "like new" but I'd consider it "good" at best as there were obvious signs of age through use.

Oh well, I didn't give them bad feedback because it was a decent price $16 + $4 shipping and the shipping was prompt. Still, it's a disingenuous to put the regular version photo and not mention it at all in the description.

Don't sellers try their hardest to avoid getting "negative/neutral' feedback? I'm sure you gave the person that outright lied to you negative feedback right?[/QUOTE]

I had some moron on eBay have a listing of a game as the black label version. They claimed it was "completely factory sealed" and even gave the separate UPC listing for the black label edition. When I received the game in the mail the game was opened, had a sticker on the cover and was the Greatest Hits version. When I returned it the jerk then only gave me a partial refund and I had to go through PayPal to get the full amount back. PayPal quickly refunded me the money and I gave that asshat a negative.

I sold my gamecube copy once I got the Gamestop PS2 reprint copy("just unsealed" quality btw). The Gamecube version just didn't play so well with component cables on my Wii. The main character sprites would turn extremely blurry when being moved even though the game itself was very sharp. I still have a PS2 hooked up through normal composite cables so it plays just fine and the controller feels a lot better to me for this game(still love my wavebird though).

[quote name='FairyLeviathan']In for one, plus Perfect Dark Zero CE so I could snag free shipping. What a great set of games :D

Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

It's an awsome collection. I'm fucking sick of all the bitching about a red label.

If you gonna buy a game chances are high that it's a GH if it went GH's.

[quote name='CaoPi']It's an awsome collection. I'm fucking sick of all the bitching about a red label.

If you gonna buy a game chances are high that it's a GH if it went GH's.[/QUOTE]

No one in this thread complained about this being a Greatest Hits release. In fact it is not red label and no one stated it was. What we were talking about was eBay sellers misinterpreting items as non Greatest Hits when they, in fact, are Greatest Hits in a sad attempt to make a few extra bucks.

I usually use stock photos when I sell, but I always take care of my stuff. If the game has some scratches though, I am always sure to include the condition of the item. I'm also a top-rated and power seller, but still...it usually makes me feel better when I look at the feedback and see that the seller does specialize in selling games and movies, stuff like that to make sure they're pretty knowledgeable.

Also, I just don't understand why some people are so anal over PH/GH copies. The old PH were ugly, that's for sure, but as far as GH goes, especially on PS2 they look the same with the exception of a little 'Greatest Hits' strip on them. If the red cases bother you, get a replacement.

With that said, I guess some people do like to collect originals, which I can understand...but if you're gonna sit it on your shelf, you play the game, not the box :lol:

[quote name='mr_bungle']

Also, I just don't understand why some people are so anal over PH/GH copies. The old PH were ugly, that's for sure, but as far as GH goes, especially on PS2 they look the same with the exception of a little 'Greatest Hits' strip on them. If the red cases bother you, get a replacement.

[/QUOTE]

That's a personal preference, but if a seller specifically states that a game is one version and then sends another then they should be held accountable for that.

Yeah my wife bought a Bleach anime movie on dvd from a seller on Ebay about a year ago. It came w/ out an actual case & after upon further inspection it was obvious the label was printed & it was burned to dvd.

Off subject but reminds me of a recent story a teacher told that she had a student that said his dad sold movies. So the teacher asked if he worked @ Blockbuster.

"No, he buys movies & Walmart & sells copies of them to people in the neighborhood."

[quote name='willardhaven']I wish there was a version with the original SNES audio for Mega Man X3. Small comlpaint, as the first 3 Mega Man X games are my favorite Mega Man games period.[/QUOTE]

I'm still praying for VC releases for the SNES X games but at this point, my hope has really begun to fade.

Is there are mistake on the front page regarding the price on this deal? Cheapy listed this as $11.32.

[quote name='sadboy']Is there are mistake on the front page regarding the price on this deal? Cheapy listed this as $11.32.[/QUOTE]
Apparently it was actually at that price for a very short period of time and shipped from Amazon. :hot:

bread's done
Back