Epic Yarn + Metroid: Other M

Moltres423

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
So I went into Blockbuster today and saw that they were having a "going out of business" sale. It saddened me to see this particular store go because I had been going there for 10+ years; I can still recall renting super nintendo games from them. They were having "clearance" sales for the past few months where one could also rent games, but now everything was for sale. I even witnessed some guy pay for the gumball machine by the front door hat I passed so many times(he got it for $100).

Onto my deal. They were selling 360/Wii/PS3 games for $15 each or $25 for two. After looking very closely at their 360/PS3 games I couldn't find anything worth getting, but I stumbled upon Kirby's Epic Yarn and Metroid:Other M. I've been wanting to play Epic Yarn for sometime so I picked it up immediately and thought "why not save $5" and bit on Other M. I managed to get Epic Yarn complete with case and manual but only case with Other M at checkout. The guy checking me out expressed disappointment at me buying Other M, saying how he wanted to buy it for himself, but oh wells to him. I came in well into the afternoon and he had plenty of time to set it aside, lol.

After getting home I looked up how to remove marker from discs and found rubbing alcohol to be pretty effective at removing those BB numbers. You can't even see the numbers anymore, so I'm thrilled lol.

Not bad, but a brand new copy of Other M has been $20 multiple times from Amazon. For what you paid ($10), you got an incomplete used game. I guess a 50%+ savings is pretty cool, but I dunno if it's groundbreaking. I have to have complete games, so unless I really wanted it I would have to get a pretty good deal.

Not bad though. Epic Yarn was a pretty damn good game imo, and if your copy wasn't too beat up that's a pretty nice pickup, even more so at just $15.

Excellent pick up on Epic Yarn. Wii GotY.

I can't say the same for Other M. As a Metroid fan, the background story for Samus basically ruined everything that made her an awesome character. It made me want to grab a gun and shoot everyone at Team Ninja in the crotch.

[quote name='Vinny']Excellent pick up on Epic Yarn. Wii GotY.

I can't say the same for Other M. As a Metroid fan, the background story for Samus basically ruined everything that made her an awesome character. It made me want to grab a gun and shoot everyone at Team Ninja in the crotch.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The craptastic cut scenes made Samus look like some stuck up brat that left the military because she didn't get what she wanted. I couldn't even finish the game because of the long drawn-out over dramatic cutscenes that you couldn't skip.

I've been wanting Epic Yarn though - good deal on that. I can't wait until the struggling blockbuster by my house finally goes under.

[quote name='Squarehard']I don't have any Blockbusters going out of business here, ever.

This saddens me.[/QUOTE]

Don't be saddened. Every time I've gone to the Blockbuster stores that were going out of business they will mostly left over disc only crap that was more expensive than usual (but had an extra 10% off so people thought they were great deals. :roll:) Oddly enough the stores that were still in business had better deals than the ones going out of business.

I'm still pretty happy with my purchase of both, and I feel like I paid pretty close to a reasonable price for Other:M because I typically don't resell/trade games often and don't care if I have the manual or not. I really don't have a big Wii library either so it was a welcome addition.

Plus I got to support that BB one more time... I'm truly saddened to see that store go... so many memories...

If you feel you got a great deal, that's what matters. Personally, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to buying games, so I couldn't ever in good conscience buy a game without a manual unless I was using it as fodder in a deal (ex: BBV B1G1 Free sales) or if the discount was high enough.

You got a pretty good deal though. Kirby's Epic Yarn hasn't really dropped below $40 new, so $15 for a copy that's complete (and you were able to get the BBV writing off the disc) is a pretty damned good deal. If you don't need the manual (and I understand that) then $10 for Metroid is pretty good as well.

[quote name='Altanis']If you feel you got a great deal, that's what matters. Personally, I'm a bit OCD when it comes to buying games, so I couldn't ever in good conscience buy a game without a manual unless I was using it as fodder in a deal (ex: BBV B1G1 Free sales) or if the discount was high enough.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, as long as you feel you got a good deal, that's all that matters.

as for being OCD, yeah, I'm like that, too. i still have a copy of cy girls somewhere (terrible, terrible game) but don't have the manual. after that, swore off buying any game w/o a manual.

almost all my games were bought new

bread's done
Back